• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GUN AND KNIFE SHOW MARLBORO, MA January 28 & 29 2012

Not a bad show, but didn't find anything that talked to me. If I were a little more right handed, Pete's had a pre-64 Winchester 70 in 30-06 and a Herters Yugo Mauser actioned 300 Win Mag. I bought jerky instead.

I did get to meet minininjer, and ran into Fooped and C-pher. I'd make the drive again, it was a fun show.

Went to the show today and picked up a Ar-15 CMMG Lower for 79.50 from Guns and Gear. All the other lower's that I saw were priced from $100-$125. He also had the CMMG part's kit for $50.00. Those are good prices. Another dealer had Mosin 90-31 for $110.00 with all the accessories, and they were in very good condition the best I seen in a long time. Mostly though the prices were on the high side. I don't understand how that ammo guy with all the tables get those prices.

Lots of 30 Rounders for $25.. seen one vendor 5 for 115 or so

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Grabbed two new in the wrapper for 20 each, then find out ive got a line on buckets of the things for next to nothing [laugh]

Hate to be one of the "do they have it" but didnt anyone see a ruger sr9c under 350 by any chance?

Nothing near that price, tombstone had a few I think in the 450 range, mightve seen a couple at other dealers but didn't check price.

Did you remember to have the broccoli and bean cassarole for dinner last night ???

I had forgot, but I did have some okra with my lunch [rofl]

oh... were you the guy that smelled like fish?
WTF is up with some of these people?

bought some AR "lost parts" from the guy that looks like Drew Carey (nice to meet you Fred!)
and got some beef jerky from the lady that looks like Alec Baldwin....

Ray's like "you know, i never thought of that... but now that you mention it....."

yeh, she totally looks like alec baldwin....

I hope not, was that you with ray?

Ended up spending most of the day there, bumped into a few familiar faces, meant to say hello to a few others but they were busy and I don't like to interupt.

Went to the show today and picked up a Ar-15 CMMG Lower for 79.50 from Guns and Gear.
The Guns and Gear folks are a couple from Western MA who were active in running USPSA Matches for years. They seemed pretty busy, and I know they sold dozens of guns on Sat alone - probably because they seem to assuming their customers know what good and bad deals are, rather than operating on the more typical "With all these people here, someone will pay my price" attitude that seems common at gun shows these days.

LOL, sorry
No, one of the dealers had a 6 1/2" bbl single six w/ both cylinders for sale. The only catch was it had a broken off screw in the frame above the grip. I considered buying it, but it was at an ok, (not great) price and the dealer wouldn't budge.

Wow... that's weird. Mine is a 6" with both cylinders, and no, the dealer wouldn't budge on the price. But all the screws are fine. Just a little bit of holster wear on the muzzle & ejector housing.

And... now that I examine it more closely, the spare cylinder is NOT for this revolver. In fact, according to the manual I just downloaded from Ruger, a Convertible should have a three-digit serial number on each cylinder. And NEITHER of these has any number of any sort. [banghead] I think I need to call the dealer on Tuesday; it was only because it was a convertible (I thought) that I purchased it. [thinking]

Last edited:
Rode my Triumph to the show (brrr) and stayed from 8:30 until about noon. Enjoyed meeting minininjer and her posse as well as ray and a couple other NESers whose handles I didn't catch.

Bought ...
175 rds of Mauser ammo
2x 15rd mags for M1 Carbine
proper gun belt
M-TAC IWB carry holster for my 1911
decent tactical flashlight
book, Vietnam, No Regrets (signed to my dad)

had a great time!

Last edited:
I just saw this, let me know if you still need me to do this for you!

Hey c-pher
thanks for trying to help, I ended up going back to the show and sure enough they had my license and some other guys. I cant blame the dealer as I should have been more on the ball
but....sure would have been nice to get my license back on saturday. So much for trying out my new Saiga 5.45x39, hopefully i can get to the range next weekend.

:)

went this am at 1030ish. really busy and too crowded for my liking. the prices at these shows blow my mind. i just ordered 1k rounds of 5.56 wpa ammo and a magpul stock for almost $200 less than what i would've spent at the show today(including ups)... the gun prices blew me away too. i understand the collectibles are going to be high but the normal stuff was over list and most was higher than the local shops. the ar guy at the end had a spikes upper that i have been dreaming about and wasn't asking an outrageous amount ($850) they sell online for $699 shipped but are on b/o...
i walked out today with some brass punches, some jerky, and a magpul iPhone case that i really like a lot. i did want one of those remora pocket holsters but he said it was his best show ever and was sold out of almost everything (good for him). these shows are kinda becoming just a "show" and i don't expect to find any great deals anymore but oh well, walked around, b.s.'d with some friends and came home with almost all my money.

Rode my Triumph to the show (brrr) and stayed from 8:30 until about noon. Enjoyed meeting minininjer and her posse as well as ray and a couple other NESers whose handles I didn't catch.

Bought ...
175 rds of Mauser ammo
proper gun belt
M-TEC IWB carry holster for my 1911

had a great time!

Saw your Triumph when I was leaving and thought cool bike and a cold ride.[laugh]

I've heard that book was great by more than a few people including Inerlogic who was with me today. My father is a vet and got a signed copy from the writer. He must have spent an hour talking to him at that show.

We had a great show, and I for one, really enjoyed myself this weekend. We got to sell some cool stuff, see a bunch of familiar faces, meet some new ones and get some experience on "the other side of the table".

Sincere thanks to everyone who stopped by yesterday and today, regardless of purchase!

Bought ...
175 rds of Mauser ammo
proper gun belt
M-TEC IWB carry holster for my 1911

had a great time!

I bought that book today! The guy was really cool to tal431663KK
to and I can't wait to read about his journey!

And... now that I examine it more closely, the spare cylinder is NOT for this revolver. In fact, according to the manual I just downloaded from Ruger, a Convertible should have a three-digit serial number on each cylinder. And NEITHER of these has any number of any sort.

Did you actually install the extra cylinder to see if it fit correctly ???
The lack of a number doesn't necessarily mean it won't fit the gun.
I had a .45acp cylinder from a Blackhawk convertible that I stuck into a .45LC Vaquero, it went right in and fired just fine.

Arrived at 8:55 this morning and found parking right near the entrance. The line was easy and was in the show less than 5 minutes after opening. I went right over to John DeSilvia's table (the guy from Maine with all the US surplus parts in the fishing table boxes) and bought most of the M1 garand parts I need for my franken-garand. I picked up a bunch of different 15 rd M1 carbine mags I didn't have, a cool Spyderco knife from Precision Armament, and other random knick knacks throughout the day. I got to hang out with Fred for a while and I saw SKS Ray, Inerlogic, Bamp and a few other guys. Toured around with C-pher and Shadyduk looking for nothing in particular (other than a school bag for C-pher's daughter).

I was afraid the show was going to be packed after hearing the reports from yesterday, but it was very manageable all day and I had no trouble moving through the aisles. A lot of gun prices were crazy, but I saw a bunch of things that were priced well. If you had time to look around, you could score some deals.

The show was well worth the price of admission for me, and it was great to see some familiar faces. The best part of the day was watching Shadyduk carrying a backpack with almost 3000 rounds of ammo stuffed in it. He looked like a hunchback.

Saw your Triumph when I was leaving and thought cool bike and a cold ride.[laugh]

I've heard that book was great by more than a few people including Inerlogic who was with me today. My father is a vet and got a signed copy from the writer. He must have spent an hour talking to him at that show.
Thanks for the bike comments... I concur with both [smile]

I had a great talk with Mr. Watkins and can't wait to read the book (before sending it to my dad). My dad was a career Army aviator (62-89) with two tours in VN (66-67 and 70-71). Mr. Watkins had some exceedingly kind things to say about the pilots who took him to and (more importantly) retrieved him from the jungles under fire. Also pointed out several "action" photos he'd taken of the helos doing just that. Wish I could get my dad to write more about it!!

Vietnam, No Regrets (signed to my dad)

had a great time!

Rode your bike? Crazy MFer....
I met mr. Watkins 4-5 years ago and bought the first printing of the book, we talked for a while and the book is a great read.... Talked to him today, apparently you got the 3rd printing with a bunch of added pages and photos..... It was a great read.... And i'll want to get the newer edition eventually....

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G with Synergy+Godmode.

It continuously amazes me how willing gun dealers are to screw other gun people over with some of the prices they put on their firearms. Do they laugh to themselves while pricing things? Is it a game they play to see who can make the biggest profit from some noob with more money than brains? Or...the scariest option...Do they think their prices are competitive?
Gun shows are fun(ny)...

The dealers are there to make money. If they can price a gun at stratospheric levels, and sell it, good for them. That's the american way.

I've sold there, and have brought stuff and priced it as sky-high-retail-plus, becase I was ambivalent about selling it. Some stuff I took home; other stuff was bought with a happy dance by the buyer. So, since they were happy, it was a good deal.

Caveat emptor. Always.

Hey did any of you see the Nazi in full regalia saturday around noon ? wtf?
Can we please not talk about that bastard? And if anyone actually KNOWS this under-rock-dwelling slug, please don't bother to defend him to me. Anyone who willingly wears THAT uniform in public is someone I do not want to know, see or even hear about. I try to be "live and let live" but THAT uniform made me see red - literally.

Did you actually install the extra cylinder to see if it fit correctly ???
The lack of a number doesn't necessarily mean it won't fit the gun.

Well, I tried. But it won't fit in the frame. And looking at the two ends of the cylinder... well, they're both slightly different than the one that was in the frame. Plus the cuts in the frame where it indexes are a different width and length. Nope, just NOT from the same gun.

Rode your bike? Crazy MFer....
I met mr. Watkins 4-5 years ago and bought the first printing of the book, we talked for a while and the book is a great read.... Talked to him today, apparently you got the 3rd printing with a bunch of added pages and photos..... It was a great read.... And i'll want to get the newer edition eventually....
hehe... yes, crazy MFer with the big grin on my face:)

ummm... JUST realized that it was my first ride of the new year and I'd forgotten to put my new registration sticker on the plate ... DOH! Would have been grounds to get pulled over and have opportunity to learn just how well my new holster was concealing!

Can we please not talk about that bastard? And if anyone actually KNOWS this under-rock-dwelling slug, please don't bother to defend him to me. Anyone who willingly wears THAT uniform in public is someone I do not want to know, see or even hear about. I try to be "live and let live" but THAT uniform made me see red - literally.

Well, I tried. But it won't fit in the frame. And looking at the two ends of the cylinder... well, they're both slightly different than the one that was in the frame. Plus the cuts in the frame where it indexes are a different width and length. Nope, just NOT from the same gun.
I feel the same way about communist uniforms. Soviet or Chinese. They killed more people than that Austrian bastard ever did.

Back
Top Bottom