Guided Duck Hunt

Derrick I have no experience with them and actually know very little about seaduck hunting. If you have a good experience with them please let us know. I'd seriously consider going if you can give them a good review. It looks like he is shooting from a kayak in that picture on the main page. That looks f'in awesome.
It looks like fun but I've heard that seaduck tastes like braised donkey a**h***s with a doo doo butter sauce.

I don't have any experience with Ruben, but I believe he has a good reputation. He is the moderator of the New England forum on the Duck Hunter's refuge here:

http://refugeforums.com/refuge/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=32

Adam Smith is also a Sea Duck guide out of Rowley or Ipswich, and I know he does a good job.

Sea duck hunting is awesome. It can be done from layout boats, or off the rocky outcroppings. You get a LOT of shooting at close quarters. But.....the old saying "you are what you eat" is right. They feed off the mud flats, and taste like a combination of mud and whale shit. Best cooked with a brick in a 350 degree oven for 65 minutes. When it is done, throw out the duck and eat the brick. As much as I enjoy shooting them, I stopped going because I won't eat them , and don't know anyone else that would that I could give them to. (There used to be a local Chinese restaurant that would take them, but new owners weren't interested.)

I can attest to that. Seaducks are really fun to shoot. Action is consistent and fast. Take your time with your shots or else you will limit out in about ten minutes.

Eating wise, well- everyone's got it nailed. Just gross.

Back
Top Bottom