Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
So overall, I have concerns about saying all the data entry could be completed in 5 minutes. It is important to decide if you want it done fast, or you want it done right.

It's basically 10-15 minutes of work top for anyone that knows how to type and isn't a birdbrain. It's not rocket science. It's just typing shit in and making sure you did it
correctly.

A trained monkey can do basic data entry.

My PA non-resident license took me 45min to obtain and they apologized for the wait. In that time I filled out the application, they took down all my information, ran a background check on me, and printed my license. What else is MA doing that a half hour process takes 40 days (if you're lucky)? The only possible explanation is that the powers that be are power-tripping rodents that don't want the peasants to be armed so they create every possible roadblock to make it as difficult as possible.

My PA non-resident license took me 45min to obtain and they apologized for the wait. In that time I filled out the application, they took down all my information, ran a background check on me, and printed my license. What else is MA doing that a half hour process takes 40 days (if you're lucky)? The only possible explanation is that the powers that be are power-tripping rodents that don't want the peasants to be armed so they create every possible roadblock to make it as difficult as possible.

If this state wasnt f***ing retarded they could AT LEAST automate the renewals online so the issuing authority literally could approve the renewal request in like 30 seconds a person or some shit, and they would just suck down your new photo from your drivers license or state ID. (which 99.9% of LTC holders in MA have one of those they keep current). This would reduce burden on the PDs by like 99% but.... and in the long run would save like probably millions of dollars in terms of recovered man hours, but... it will never happen, because that literally makes too much sense.

The process is cumbersome and it is intentional.

Read the flow chart that I posted, which came from the FRB Director a number of years ago. There are so many stop and wait for a response points, plus the LOs don't look at their responses every time they get an Email.

Plainville is running smoothly these days, renewals within 40 days. 👍

So overall, I have concerns about saying all the data entry could be completed in 5 minutes. It is important to decide if you want it done fast, or you want it done right.
If it's anything like the portal, I'm sure it's not user-friendly or fast. Of all the firearms I've purchased over the years, I think only one portal transaction went thru on the first try.

So apparently Fall River has not changed the renewal process. It was a glitch while redoing the website. Check, application, ID to renew. They have added personnel as well.

Any news on Medford? I’m moving there in a couple months and I read sometime ago that they restrict upon renewal, any experience with that?

I just received my first LTC in the mail today! Now the fun begins! Town of Bourne. I mailed (per their requirement) my application and supporting document on February 10 and had fingerprints taken February 17. I called the state hotline on March 8 and was told I was approved and that it just needed to be printed and sent out. Three weeks later (today), the LTC showed up in my mailbox. My local PD had mailed it to me. 47 days, from start to finish (mailbox to mailbox). I was approved with no restrictions. :D

Last edited:
I just received my first LTC in the mail today! Now the fun begins! Town of Bourne. I mailed (per their requirement) my application and supporting document on February 10 and had fingerprints taken February 17. I called the state hotline on March 8 and was told I was approved and that it just needed to be printed and sent out. Three weeks later (today), the LTC showed up in my mailbox. My local PD had mailed it to me. 47 days, from start to finish (mailbox to mailbox). I was approved with no restrictions. :D
Bourne is great. No bullshit, simple process, and they moved quickly. The state took it's time, but that's the standard.

If only there were some admin who could ditch the entire first page and replace it with a link to the Comm2A report card..

I was thinking about starting a new one which basically only discussed the dozen or so shit towns left. [rofl] Number might be smaller than that by now, actually.

Anyone know how friendly Natick is? Got two friends trying to apply there.
Been fine for my wife and I. Show up on I think a Thursday with your paperwork. The detective will call you into the office when it is your turn. You talk with him while he inputs your data, takes your picture and fingerprints. You give him your check and he'll give you a receipt. They will mail you your permit when they get it. I think it took a little over a month and a half to get our permits. Note: this was at the beginning of 2020 for my wife.
-mike

Any news on Medford? I’m moving there in a couple months and I read sometime ago that they restrict upon renewal, any experience with that?
They don't restrict on renewal, but if you're getting your first one with them it will be restricted unless you give the corpulent rotund fellow in charge of the department a six dozen Krispy Kremes.

Just kidding. If you already have your license from another town, Meffa won't downgrade it. Honestly regret not moving out of there sooner.

They don't restrict on renewal, but if you're getting your first one with them it will be restricted unless you give the corpulent rotund fellow in charge of the department a six dozen Krispy Kremes.

Just kidding. If you already have your license from another town, Meffa won't downgrade it. Honestly regret not moving out of there sooner.
Thanks for the info man, yea it’s not ideal but hopefully just a couple years and then we can move north of the border.

Been fine for my wife and I. Show up on I think a Thursday with your paperwork. The detective will call you into the office when it is your turn. You talk with him while he inputs your data, takes your picture and fingerprints. You give him your check and he'll give you a receipt. They will mail you your permit when they get it. I think it took a little over a month and a half to get our permits. Note: this was at the beginning of 2020 for my wife.
-mike
Thats good to know. Do they try to push restricted LTCs on you or do they seem okay with people applying for an unrestricted LTC?

Had a question for some. Regarding the LTC stats from 2017 (comm2a), there are a bunch of towns that have a very low percentage of LTCs with restrictions. Like for example one town has 208 issued and they restricted 3. What would cause 3 random LTCs to get restricted. Mostly I see this for new apps.

I’m about to move to Marlborough. They are one of these towns. I’ve had an unrestricted license for 15 years, shouldn’t be an issue?

thanks all be well.

Had a question for some. Regarding the LTC stats from 2017 (comm2a), there are a bunch of towns that have a very low percentage of LTCs with restrictions. Like for example one town has 208 issued and they restricted 3. What would cause 3 random LTCs to get restricted. Mostly I see this for new apps.

I’m about to move to Marlborough. They are one of these towns. I’ve had an unrestricted license for 15 years, shouldn’t be an issue?

thanks all be well.
Who knows. Maybe they asked for a restricted. "I just want it for target shooting"

Just because they used lube when they bent you over the table, does not mean it is green :)

Did you get an unrestricted LTC on new application? That is the test for green.
Lube gets too messy!!:p So, for most of you it's probably a given YOU would get even a restricted but for the rest of US that's no guarantee. :cool:
But yes it is restricted but the lady told me after a year with no incidents I can make an appeal for unrestricted

Lube gets too messy!!:p So, for most of you it's probably a given YOU would get even a restricted but for the rest of US that's no guarantee. :cool:
But yes it is restricted but the lady told me after a year with no incidents I can make an appeal for unrestricted
So you've gone your whole life without any "incidents" but one more year will make all the difference in proving you're worthy [rofl]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom