Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your new, receipt doesn't matter so much but do make note of the day that you submitted the app Etc in case you have to start chasing them. I am guessing a lot of these towns are going to be camping on LTC apps with the corona excuse but also probably an extraordinary high level of applicants.

If your new, receipt doesn't matter so much but do make note of the day that you submitted the app Etc in case you have to start chasing them. I am guessing a lot of these towns are going to be camping on LTC apps with the corona excuse but also probably an extraordinary high level of applicants.
Thank you drgrant. I will definitely do that.

Applied in Watertown. They will issue target and hunting for first time applicants and will issue unrestricted upon renewal. This is straight from the Sgt who called to interview me. I believe with the new Chief, this town is moving much more towards green than in the past.
Btw Total time from Application to pick up of LTC was 6 weeks. Which is impressive in my book.

Florida is GREEN. We don't have police because only 750 population, but a resident who works as Dispatch for North Adams is our Firearm officer. Meet at N. Adams PD on certain eves, don't remember which.

Applied in Watertown. They will issue target and hunting for first time applicants and will issue unrestricted upon renewal. This is straight from the Sgt who called to interview me. I believe with the new Chief, this town is moving much more towards green than in the past.
Btw Total time from Application to pick up of LTC was 6 weeks. Which is impressive in my book.

That's a real change for Watertown. I'd always thought of Watertown as being one of those places where everyone got restricted, to the point where they'd downgrade you on renewal if you moved into town with an unrestricted LTC issued elsewhere.

That's a real change for Watertown. I'd always thought of Watertown as being one of those places where everyone got restricted, to the point where they'd downgrade you on renewal if you moved into town with an unrestricted LTC issued elsewhere.
If i was going to make a guess they got their ass handed to them a few times by Comm2a or a similarly thinking attorney or three.

If i was going to make a guess they got their ass handed to them a few times by Comm2a or a similarly thinking attorney or three.
I feel like Watertown, Brookline and Boston are the largest of the "holdout" towns. I know that as of 2016, Brookline is doing what Watertown here said. I had a business school classmate who was told the same thing by Brookline.

Going to drop off my application in Barnstable, 9/15/20. Current fid holder, going for LTC, hope it processes as quick as rob02655's.

I have published a book in June called GUN SENSE, it covers Ma law in a way that makes for easy reading. It covers how to write a 'Reason' letter with a template letter that can be tweaked to fit your circumstances. It also has a very good template letter for 'Letters of Recommendation' and much much more. It will help you navigate these so-called 'tough' towns were people think it is hard to exercise their rights on page 141. Check GUN SENSE out on Amazon. It is now rated #1 in the Shooting and Hunting section, the Kindle is rated #4 in the same section. It cover serious aspects of firearm safety as well. Good for anywhere you may live, not just Ma. specific. Mark Shean Sr.

Been reading this and it is great! Thank you Mark!

I am exactly 1 year out from my expiration. Andover. When I applied for my initial it took 5 months. I’m thinking of throwing in the renewal paperwork early. Thoughts?

I am exactly 1 year out from my expiration. Andover. When I applied for my initial it took 5 months. I’m thinking of throwing in the renewal paperwork early. Thoughts?
Call the PD and ask. Waltham basically told me not to bother them until I was 3mo from expiration. That was outside of the pandemic though.

Original license in Boston in 2013: hunting and sporting restriction.

Moved to Framingham as license was expiring in 2018, renewed with Framingham police, received renewal with restrictions removed.

Looking for up to date information on Wareham. Applied October 1 and curious what I will be up against. The OP said green but that was a longgggg time ago. Any help is appreciated.

Looking for up to date information on Wareham. Applied October 1 and curious what I will be up against. The OP said green but that was a longgggg time ago. Any help is appreciated.
A brief reminder that the green/red designations are about unrestricted/restricted, they don't reflect extra requirements, hasles, or opinion based denials.

Is there an up to date answer about North Reading and renewing an LTC? I’ve had one for years but am thinking of moving there . I hate these decisions . Any info would be appreciated

Going to drop off my application in Barnstable, 9/15/20. Current fid holder, going for LTC, hope it processes as quick as rob02655's.
Got my email today that BPD is mailing my license. 6 weeks and three days. Not bad.

Looks like Lester Baker will be the new COP in Framingham. Anyone know anything about him?

All good in Lakeville, took about 4 weeks to get the fingerprint appointment in September, then 6 and a half weeks for the license to show up in my mailbox.

Reactions: CAR
Congrats! Do you recall the name of the Sgt and what type of questions did he ask?? I am in process right now.

Question, anyone here have multi-state LTC say Utah and also a Mass? Do you think that was a hinderance or positive having the Utah multi-state??

Question, anyone here have multi-state LTC say Utah and also a Mass? Do you think that was a hinderance or positive having the Utah multi-state??

I carried for years in many states which had no reciprocity with Mass on a Mass LTC and a NH non res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom