• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
My renewal took just over 11 weeks in Taunton. No additional hoops to jump through beyond what the state mandates, and once again no restrictions. Taunton should remain green.

Just call and ask the North Reading station what the chiefs policy is. Also, talk to Tom at Comm2A. He spoke with my wife.

Chief is a joke. Talks about how he doesn't want people carrying in his town, but doesn't seem to grasp the fact that I carry in "his town" every day. She even demanded a letter of denial and wouldn't give it. NR is definitely Red now.

My wife received her LTC-A with no restrictions today in the mail. From interview to hand in 2 months. Congrats to her!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free

Received my LTC A with no restrictions today from northbridge! Applied 10/18/13 and received it today in the mail. Good turn around time I think.

Received my LTC A with no restrictions today from northbridge! Applied 10/18/13 and received it today in the mail. Good turn around time I think.

41be6a2789b0b4271aa263df740aebd671bc5a98edd26b4e4cf7e6401800acf4.jpg

My wife received her LTC-A with no restrictions today in the mail. From interview to hand in 2 months. Congrats to her!!

Groton, LTC A no restrictions, applied in July, got it this week. Officer said the state lost the paper work for several from groton.

Anyone heard anything about Stoneham recently? I thought historically theyve been green, but my buddy asked me about it when he was going to put his license in. The instructions that come with the application download sound pretty red to me.

"In order to obtain a license without a restriction, all applicants must provide a letter to the chief of police demonstrating a "good reason to fear injury to person or property" (pursuant to MGL chapter 140, section 131(d). The determination of whether the applicant has "good reason to fear injury to person or property" is based upon the specific, detailed information regarding where and why the applicant intends to possess or use a firearm in the commonwealth.

An applicant who seeks a license without restriction should not rely on general crime statistics, waivers of liability, information about the weapons they intend to carry, or any "boiler plate" reasons provided by a third party. Vague information regarding the carrying of cash or valuables, a reluctance to rely on police protection or a non-descript fear of harm will not meet the "good reason to fear injury to person or property" standard."

http://www.stoneham-ma.gov/sites/stonehamma/files/file/file/firearms_licensing_packet_april_2013.pdf

If you care to read the whole letter. Just wondering. Thanks.

It looks to me that Stoneham is historically a red town by their ranking. I have a spreadsheet that I made up of info published from online news articles and Stoneham ranks 269 out of 350 cities/towns listed. The data I have indicates approximately 42 LTC's per 21,000 residents. Compare that to say, Freetown, with 105 LTC's out of 9,000 residents. The statement you quoted is what most towns in RI do...if you have no evidence of a threat with a filed police report or restraining order you cannot get a permit (as it is called in RI).

It looks to me that Stoneham is historically a red town by their ranking. I have a spreadsheet that I made up of info published from online news articles and Stoneham ranks 269 out of 350 cities/towns listed. The data I have indicates approximately 42 LTC's per 21,000 residents. Compare that to say, Freetown, with 105 LTC's out of 9,000 residents. The statement you quoted is what most towns in RI do...if you have no evidence of a threat with a filed police report or restraining order you cannot get a permit (as it is called in RI).

Was that info from the slideshow that was on the web?

Any chance you'd share that spreadsheet? That would be awesome!

Has anyone heard anything about Bridgewater lately? I'm buying a house in the next few months and wondering if I should keep Bridgewater on the list. I have an LTC A unrestricted in Taunton now. Apparently Chief Delmonte in Bridgewater gives LTC A unrestricted upon renewal? The posts here are a bit dated and I'd just like to get some clarity.

Was that info from the slideshow that was on the web?

Any chance you'd share that spreadsheet? That would be awesome!

It's an excel spreadsheet with hundreds of lines. I don't see a way to attach it. I only see options for video, image and links.

Lakeville, Applied for new LTC A

11/16/13 had interview, fingerprints
12/9/13 check cleared
12/19/13 called status line just for the heck of it because I've seen a few posts recently here with people getting their LTC back pretty quick. Nice lady said it was activated on 12/16/13 and it's waiting to be printed and sent to the local PD. She said I should have it by next week! I'll report back when it's in. Hopefully she is accurate. Guess we'll have to see.

PD called tonight saying I could come get it. Just got home with it. Unrestricted.
7 weeks to the day. Lakeville definitely still green.

My cousin called Worcester this morning to make an appointment for a new application and they gave her a date at the end of June

My cousin called Worcester this morning to make an appointment for a new application and they gave her a date at the end of June

You guys really need to make waves. Call, write, harass your local gov't officials and complain loudly to your State Reps and Senators on Bacon Hill.

Applied in May got my LTC class A in Aug restricted to hunting and target. They told me I can get it unrestricted in 1yr.. Few months later my cousin applied got his LTC class A unrestricted...oo yeah this was all done in Lawrence.

Applied in May got my LTC class A in Aug restricted to hunting and target. They told me I can get it unrestricted in 1yr.. Few months later my cousin applied got his LTC class A unrestricted...oo yeah this was all done in Lawrence.

Yeah, good idea to carry condition 1 in Lawrence. Congrats on getting your LTC.

Stow MA just sent out an email, they're holding a safety class for residents. Will be run by one of the detectives on the PD.

First time post, so forgive me if this isn't the perfect forum for this question. I realize after skimming here that this is mostly about town colors and experiences with wait times.
My question is, has anyone had issues with open carrying in MA? I have my LTC-A unrestricted in Lynn, and I always CC because of the silly taboo/fear the rest of this state seems to have with firearms. I don't intend to walk Nahant beach with a Colt Sporter on my back (as much as I would love to), but what are some good laws to keep in mind should I try to have my Beretta on my hip in the hotter months?
Thanks
-Zach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom