• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Townsend. My buddy needed a letter from 3 people and had to meet the chief, the LO was pretty easy going and he did get an LTC-A ALP.

What's up with Framingham? My GF has been there three times to drop off her app and either the office is closed or they guys have gone home early (like today)? And they didn't even post all of the requirements on the website - she found out about the 'extra' criteria after going there the first time. For those of you that need it, I've attached their checklist.

Attachments

• Framingham check list.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 40
My wife's process:
Chicopee, MA - Applied for LTC A
Called 11/23/12 and was given same day appointment for interview.
Went in a 11:00am
LEO interview - only questions from application, did not discuss restriction or ask for reason for issuance.
Printed and Photo by different LEO
In and Out 40 min
Told 90 days for License.

We will report back with specifics on wait time and restrictions.

Posted this in the how long thread, but should have put it here as well:

I haven't seen a Winthrop update in a long time, so here goes. Very long wait to get an appointment (more than three months). Once info was submitted approx. 7 weeks until license came in. LTC-A No Restrictions. Winthrop is still green.

Probably should have reported this sooner, got my LTC-A in Fall River about a month or so ago. A little bit of an odd experience. I went to the training course and applied with my cousin (age 32) and a close friend of mine (30) had gotten his LTC a couple months earlier. We all had the same clean background, no trouble with the law, drugs, violence anything like that and we were all first time applicants.. only difference is I'm 29 and live by myself in a single family home... they both have families living in apartments. My friend took 4 months to receive his LTC-A which was Sporting restricted. My cousin, got his LTC-A restricted to sporting after 6 weeks. I on the other hand, received my LTC-A no restrictions 4 weeks after applying. So I'm not sure if the chief has some sort of criteria for homeowners or something or those without family? Which makes no sense to me. Not sure, figured I'd just share my experience.

Probably should have reported this sooner, got my LTC-A in Fall River about a month or so ago. A little bit of an odd experience. I went to the training course and applied with my cousin (age 32) and a close friend of mine (30) had gotten his LTC a couple months earlier. We all had the same clean background, no trouble with the law, drugs, violence anything like that and we were all first time applicants.. only difference is I'm 29 and live by myself in a single family home... they both have families living in apartments. My friend took 4 months to receive his LTC-A which was Sporting restricted. My cousin, got his LTC-A restricted to sporting after 6 weeks. I on the other hand, received my LTC-A no restrictions 4 weeks after applying. So I'm not sure if the chief has some sort of criteria for homeowners or something or those without family? Which makes no sense to me. Not sure, figured I'd just share my experience.

It is bad enough that residents of different towns get treated differently, but having residents of the same town be treated differently makes me extra angry.

Received my LTC ALP (Restrictions NONE) from Somerset MA today. Did take 11 weeks but still got it

GREEN. The whole process with the Licensing Officer was SMOOTH.

Has anyone been denied for an issue with their criminal history? --More specifically, an issue with an out of state (misdemeanor) DUI.

I am new here and still wait for my LTC (filed beginning of October in Billerica). After Interview two weeks ago, I was told it will take 8-9 weeks. What I don't understand is why it take so long when Chelsea reports:

[h=2]Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) LicenseProcessing Time[/h]
As of November 19, 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between November 9th - November 16th.

Seems like they are only a week behind. Where are they delays?

What's happened?
Not sure other than multiple reports including from the FRB that a recent system update caused unanticipated problems.

I suspect that there's not a lot of process around rolling out updates to MIRCS. And I'd be very surprised if they do any meaningful stress or volume testing on the system.

I'm planning to apply for my LTC-A pretty soon in Chicopee, only thing I have a concern over is my safety course certificate is 7 years old, from 2005. I was too young to apply at the time when I got it, and eventually I lost interest in shooting for awhile until I decided to get back into it now. I know Chicopee is red, but do you think they will tell me I have to take a new one? Anyone have any experience with being denied due to something like this?

I'm planning to apply for my LTC-A pretty soon in Chicopee, only thing I have a concern over is my safety course certificate is 7 years old, from 2005. I was too young to apply at the time when I got it, and eventually I lost interest in shooting for awhile until I decided to get back into it now. I know Chicopee is red, but do you think they will tell me I have to take a new one? Anyone have any experience with being denied due to something like this?

Do you have your certificate? Or can you get a copy from your instructor? If so then I think you'll be fine. That said, taking the course again is not a bad thing. I just sat through it with my wife simply for the education from another instructor team. It never hurts to reinforce your knowledge base.

I have the NRA certificate as well as the MSP one, just wondering if they may jerk me around due to the age. I know the classes are good, but I'd really not pay another 100 dollars.

I have the NRA certificate as well as the MSP one, just wondering if they may jerk me around due to the age. I know the classes are good, but I'd really not pay another 100 dollars.

Get a friend to take it and you can sit in for free at most places(mass firearms school is where I went).

After much consideration and thought, dropped off my application for my LTC A in Plainville, MA last night. Expecting a horror show answer considering the responses on here are dismal..but alas praying for the best. I will keep you all updated.

Rockland
Hi all first post here with an update on Rockland.
very green, received my LTC A no restrictions in 49 days from
date it was entered. No questions, letters or appointment needed.
FA officers schedule is posted in the lobby, showed up and he entered my info
direct to the computer. Got the call and picked it up at the desk Thursday. Nice guy
with no nonsense.

What's up with Framingham? My GF has been there three times to drop off her app and either the office is closed or they guys have gone home early (like today)? And they didn't even post all of the requirements on the website - she found out about the 'extra' criteria after going there the first time. For those of you that need it, I've attached their checklist.

Is a "Class D, FID restricted" for mace only?

I'll hop in: I got mine about 2 months ago in Fall River. Restrictions: Sporting. I have had an FID before. Clean record, not even parking tickets.Single and happy. Go figure....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom