• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya think maybe they have people who read this forum and monitor this thread to see if people get ticked off after having interactions at various departments? I'm betting they all do, and that the more anger people express in here, the less likely they are to give that person a Class A, ALP license. ... gun licenses should be issued without any interviews or any other hoops. But until agencies just follow the Constitution as it was written, I would refrain from throwing fits in here about the people who have the power to grant or deny a license.

Here's to them for denying your civil rights:
attachment.php

Here's to them for denying your civil rights:
attachment.php

Exactly. My fervent hope is that some day all states will be "shall issue," but until that day, I think it's best to be patient, courteous, and - most important - quiet when it comes to certain gun-related things. I wish we lived in a world with no crime or bad guys so that law-abiding citizens didn't need protection, but since we don't live in that kind of world (that is, since we are vulnerable to crime) then I hope all qualified, lawful Americans can freely exercise their Second Amendment rights.

So no offense intended to anyone here, of course.

Some company wont even interview you.
They say, you must have an LTC-A UNRESTRICTED already, and some police dept. in RED TOWNS wont give you UNRESTRICTED UNLESS you have the job with the letter outlining that you are required to have an UNRESTRICTED.
The Police argue that EMPLOYMENT will cover you.

catch22.

Lawsuit in a box.

Applied for my LTC A in Merrimac today the Officer in charged stated that as long as you pass the background you will be able to receive a LTC-A The new Chief does issue them now so Merrimac should be green Ill check back in after i receive mine

Last edited:
Interesting thing happened this weekend. I mentioned in a public forum that the Chicopee police dept only issue hunting/target/sporting restricted LTCs. Mike Bissonette, the mayor of Chicopee, saw what I posted and replied directly to me. He said he was unaware of these blanket restrictions and would look into it. Not sure how this will pan out, but maybe some traction will be gained. I will post again if anything new happens. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

That's great! I had a couple of students recently from Chicopee, and I asked them to let me know what they were doing now as far as restrictions go.

Just wanted to update everyone on Groveland, MA

Just got printed etc on Valentines day, and The Sargent who handled it said i get a restricted Class A LTC(sporting) for the first year. It is only restricted for the first year per the chief. After the year i can go down and visit or call and they will lift the restriction and allowed Concealed Carry.

I can understand why, they don't want a bunch of people who took a 4 hour glass all of sudden running around with firearms.

uhh....I think you're on the wrong forum. We are PRO 2A rights.... IE no restrictions on anything. We should have select fire class III available brand new on shelves, no licensing, no classes, nada.

You're the reason these laws are still on the books, because you think there's such a thing as a reasonable restriction on a god given right.

There is no excuse for any state, local, or federal authority to restrict the constitution. In-fact, such action puts them at odds with the forefathers of this country. Wake up.

Last edited:
Just wanted to update everyone on Groveland, MA

Just got printed etc on Valentines day, and The Sargent who handled it said i get a restricted Class A LTC(sporting) for the first year. It is only restricted for the first year per the chief. After the year i can go down and visit or call and they will lift the restriction and allowed Concealed Carry.

I can understand why, they don't want a bunch of people who took a 4 hour glass all of sudden running around with firearms.
"Do you want to know what it is?"

Anyone have any Experience in Peabody?

I know that they are RED on the list, but I was hoping that things have changed.

Applied for my LTC A in Merrimac today the Officer in charged stated that as long as you pass the background you will be able to receive a LTC-A The new Chief does issue them now so Merrimac should be green Ill check back in after i receive mine

Yep, the new chief does issue them. Got mine last week, took 48 days.

dose anyone no a good gun lawyer(to ask some questions)? i can talk to about getting watertown pd to give me alp?

Last edited:
dose anyone no a good gun lawyer? i can talk to about getting watertown to give me alp?
You mean "Restricitons: None". All LTCs are issued for all lawful purposes.

Save your money. They're more rigid than most 'red' towns including Boston. I only know of one person (although there are others, I'm sure) with an unrestricted LTC. Suck it up or move.

ok what am i looking for if she wins?and if so what go to pd and say hightower v. boston?

Regardless of Hightower winning or losing, the issue is going to the supreme court so you will have to wait for whatever carry case is taken by SCOTUS, then have that reapplied to hightower and then if (we will eventually win I think), there is a win, there will be some form of an announcement as to what to do. The state may make you reapply or the the individual towns may, etc. We are making plans for how to deal with this when the time comes but until it happens, it's not knowable as to what we will recommend doing.

Attleboro
LTC A
Restrictions : None
Fingerprints 1/6
I called and asked the status this morning, was told to come pick it up..(She said they tried to call me last week) oops...

I could not resist driving down to Flint Armament....picked up a S&W 1911TA, and a S&W 686...sweet...

MY FID JUST CAME IN TODAY!!!! Woot!

Fingerprints: January 27th

Arrived: March 7th

Too bad I'm in school or I'd go pick it up.

Went today to apply in Plymouth, nice and painless and the woman was really nice! She said I should have it in the mail in 2 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom