Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another confirmation that Adams is red. They give you restricted for the first issuance, then may consider ALP after 5 years when it comes time for renewal. I got hunting/target. Trying for sporting since I was denied ALP. I dont hunt, and rarely target shoot. I carry only for protection.

1) If you are carrying, you DO know you shouldn't be. If you get caught, then you can kiss your ALP goodbye.

2) If you don't practice by target shooting, then how will you become proficient?

1) If you are carrying, you DO know you shouldn't be. If you get caught, then you can kiss your ALP goodbye.

2) If you don't practice by target shooting, then how will you become proficient?

regarding point number 1: I think he means he wants sporting so that he can protect himself while doing sporting activities. Perhaps he hikes, etc.

Just wanted to give some feedback. My buddy and I just both got unrestricted class A's in Princeton. No problem at all. Neither of us even spoke to the chief, just a full-time officer.

Just picked up my LTC A - target and hunting [thinking] in Wellfleet.
Chief doesn't give out unrestricted Class A's for young, first time applicants (i hear if you're an older first time applicant you have a good chance), but I was promised an ALP when I renew.

Just picked up my LTC A - target and hunting [thinking] in Wellfleet.
Chief doesn't give out unrestricted Class A's for young, first time applicants (i hear if you're an older first time applicant you have a good chance), but I was promised an ALP when I renew.

that is a surprise. The chief is active on glocktalk and seems to be very pro 2a

Yes I did. The application at the police station will have a check list of things that you need. One of them was the letter to the Chief(If other than Target and hunting permit). Some towns will ask you for extra items. Thats why applicants need to go and pick an application at the station.

I'd say this is a good reason to download the state form and NOT allow the town to go above and beyond with their "requirements" (which I think are borderline illegal. In towns like that, get a lawyer to help you do the application.

I'd say this is a good reason to download the state form and NOT allow the town to go above and beyond with their "requirements" (which I think are borderline illegal. In towns like that, get a lawyer to help you do the application.

For my license, I downloaded the online app, but I think that if an individual town ha a different app, then you are better off using theirs. IMHO, more often than not, they will come back and tell you what you are missing (if they dont deny you! come on, it is within their powers if they so wish!)

that is a surprise. The chief is active on glocktalk and seems to be very pro 2a

The chief is a good guy, but it's apparently his policy is to not give out ALP's to young applicants. A guy I know in his 30's applied back when he was 21 and got the same as me - restricted with an ALP on renewal.
maybe if i had connections to the department i'd be as good as gold, but no such luck. [hmmm]

It irks me a bit, but whatryegonnado.

FYI - Haverhill's LEO is retiring (I'm gonna miss him [sad]), and AFAIK, a replacement hasn't been named as yet. This won't affect the green'ness of Haverhill, however, it could lengthen the time to get an appointment or to get the licensse - don't know yet, but if I hear any more, I'll let ya all know.

My brother and Father both got their LTC A None within the past couple weeks so I guess Fitchburg can still be considered a GREEN city but it's going to be harder to get an appointment as they have cut the hours that the person processing applications to 4 hours a week. According to the officer that was doing it before it takes about an hour to process one.

Where do I apply?

I very recently moved from wilmington (green) to cambridge (red). my license and passport hasnt been changed but i changed my post office address. could i still apply in wilmington?

I very recently moved from wilmington (green) to cambridge (red). my license and passport hasnt been changed but i changed my post office address. could i still apply in wilmington?

Negative. You must apply with the PD of the town you live in.

yea but my license is still in that town! come on people! tell me what i wanna hear. someone tell me i can still go back [sad]

yea but my license is still in that town! come on people! tell me what i wanna hear. someone tell me i can still go back [sad]

You're S.O.L. when your LTC is up for renewal, unless you are a business owner in a green town and the chief of that town is willing to accept your application.

Welcome aboard, sorry bout the bad news.

Quincy

I recieved my LTC-A with hunting and target restriction in Quincy. But, They said to write a letter to the captain in a year and he will make it an ALP. Basically they told me if I was 25 it would have been ALP right off the bat.

150 days in peabody , i tried calling twice this week, left two messages and no call backs yet. i dont know if i should try the cheif or get G.O.A.L involved. i feel like i am peeing in the ocean trying to get info from the firearms officer.

150 days in peabody , i tried calling twice this week, left two messages and no call backs yet. i dont know if i should try the cheif or get G.O.A.L involved. i feel like i am peeing in the ocean trying to get info from the firearms officer.

Call your state Senator and you Rep's offices. Ask them to please check on this for you. Make sure to tell them it's been over 150 days.

Call your state Senator and you Rep's offices. Ask them to please check on this for you. Make sure to tell them it's been over 150 days.

great advice on this. Only hitch in the plan is a senator or rep who doesnt give a rats patootie about firearms licensing. Cant hurt, for sure.

great advice on this. Only hitch in the plan is a senator or rep who doesnt give a rats patootie about firearms licensing. Cant hurt, for sure.

Hubby's last renewal took 189 days. He called Rep and Sen (neither are overly gun friendly) and told them the laws THEY wrote (40 days) were not being adhered to, please find out why it was taking so long. Both actually did call and then got back to hubby.

Hubby's last renewal took 189 days. He called Rep and Sen (neither are overly gun friendly) and told them the laws THEY wrote (40 days) were not being adhered to, please find out why it was taking so long. Both actually did call and then got back to hubby.

whoah, that rocks!

move back! FAST! [wink]

I recieved my LTC-A with hunting and target restriction in Quincy. But, They said to write a letter to the captain in a year and he will make it an ALP. Basically they told me if I was 25 it would have been ALP right off the bat.

Sue them for age discrimination. [smile]

Hey all, i am about to begin the long and seeming arduous process of getting a LTC in MA. I live in Everett which seems to be a green city, but was wondering if anyone had recently gotten approved there or dealt with them. I searched the forum but couldn't seem to find anything very recent.

Also i am quite young (just turned 21 in November) and am wondering if this will adversely effect me. I'm concerned about getting denied simply due to my age, as i doubt i would ever carry but would like the option, and am worried this will have the long term consequence of essentially blackballing me from ever getting a license in this state. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom