• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guide to gun rights in your Massachusetts town

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you apply that they told you no letters required? I submitted my renewal papers last April and they required two letters....granted ALP was, and from some other people in town, the absolute standard here.

Letters required for renewal??? How common is this? What other towns ask you to submit to this BS?

That didn't answer my question. My license was under the new chief.

Interesting. I talked to Sandy not to long ago, and that is what she told me. But, this was in the late fall of 2013, as opposed to April, so perhaps the new chief has since revamped his process? I do know he has gone through just about everything with a fine tooth comb, and made some changes that everyone (residents included) are very happy with. I just gave a BFS course in Mansfield, the host doesn't actually live in Mansfield, but his business is there, and he is getting his LTC from Mansfield. I of course realize that the law allows for that, but no chiefs do it anymore in reality.

I get my LTC thru the town I work for, which is one of the worst in the state.

Just received my Class A Large Capacity Restrictions: Sporting from New Bedford.
Took 9 months to get application interview which was on 1/21/2014. So 24 days to get my licences after interview/application.

Interesting, is this your first LTC application? How old are you /how long have you lived in NB?

I've lived in the North End for around 6 years, and just put my paperwork in and got fingerprinted today. Took 6 months to get an appointment, now I have to wait.

Had to have 2 references and a letter to the Chief of Police why I wanted a Class-A unrestricted. From what I'm reading, chances of that are slim to not going to happen.

Now, does anyone know if I move, can I re-apply in a new (hopefully very GREEN) town, or will I have to wait with my Class-A restricted for 6 years?!

Wife applied for Class A LTC Feb. 13, received in the mail Mar 13. So 1 month in Natick.
It took me almost 3 months last year.

Moving from Millbury to Upton in the next few months...Millbury is definitely still GREEN, got my Unrestricted LTC-A there 1 year ago

i have 2 questions,

1.) Does anybody have any recent experiences in Upton, are they still as green as they've always been?

2.) is there anything I need to do when i move? my LTC won't need to be renewed for another 5 years, but do i need to do anything at all in the meantime?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Moving from Millbury to Upton in the next few months...Millbury is definitely still GREEN, got my Unrestricted LTC-A there 1 year ago

i have 2 questions,

1.) Does anybody have any recent experiences in Upton, are they still as green as they've always been?

2.) is there anything I need to do when i move? my LTC won't need to be renewed for another 5 years, but do i need to do anything at all in the meantime?

You just need to notify the DCJIS, your old chief, and your new chief via certified mail when you move.

You just need to notify the DCJIS, your old chief, and your new chief via certified mail when you move.

thanks! i didn't realize that, I'm glad i asked...

if i can inquire a little bit further, do you know if there is a formal way of notifying DCJIS? is there a form i need to fill out? if so, do you know where i can find it? alternately, if not, do i just write a letter informing them of my change of address, and include all of my information?

MGL does NOT require any form or sending copies of your LTC. A simple letter meets the law. So the form (and DNA sample) are optional.

I had a friend just get an LTC-A Unrestricted in Danvers. First time application.

There were non-statutory requirements (list of references; but references weren't contacted) and the police station only took applications on certain days, but they were quick once he got the paperwork submitted.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a friend just get an LTC-A Unrestricted in Danvers. First time application.

There were non-statutory requirements (list of references; but references weren't contacted) and the police station only took applications on certain days, but they were quick once he got the paperwork submitted.

Norwell:

LTC-A renewal (no restrictions), <30 days from dropping off my form until they called me to pick up my new permit. VERY professional and polite!

Arlington is still green.

Dropped off application the second week of May.

Called for appointment one week later per the instructions.

My call returned within a week.

Earliest appointment was first week of August.

After August appointment my LTC-A ALP was issued the first week of February.

I believe I would have received it in November if there wasn't a problem taking legible prints. I had to go back three times due to rejection.

It took a while, but the folks I dealt with all seemed to be professional.

Any recent applicants in Billerica? Looking at some condos in the area and would have to renew my LTC-A (no restrictions) next year.

New here from Townsend.. Just had my interview prints and application on Tueaday, couldnt have been any easier. Just swang through during their designated hours and was seen in about 5 minutes.

was told 10 weeks which doesn't sound as bad as what some have experienced although I hope it's sooner!

edit:
coming up on 13 weeks with no news. I called in the other day and unfortunately they have no info to give, said they sent it out the following day and are waiting to get it back from the state... Talk about frustrating.

edit:
just got it on 8/19 LTC ALP. 22 weeks on the nose

Last edited:
Lowell is still red. Called Monday Feb 24th for an appointment, went in and applied Wednesday Feb 26, got my ltc with sporting restriction in the mail today, March 28

Does anyone know if Stoneham is still green? I was looking at their website and they require a letter to the chief explaining the need to have an unrestricted license. That doesn't sound especially green to me.

My wife and I just received our renewals Unrestricted in Stoneham. Previously had restricted in Boston. Took 6 months, most of the time just waiting for the interview. I don't know how green though, maybe our letters were good or the fact we already had our LTC's for a while with no issues played a part.

Does anyone know if Stoneham is still green? I was looking at their website and they require a letter to the chief explaining the need to have an unrestricted license. That doesn't sound especially green to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom