• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guess who didn't sign the UN Gun Treaty yet?

It's bizarro world when the Canadians are more concerned about the impact on gun owners than the US.

Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird has said there is a potential link between signing on to the treaty and Canada's now-abolished long gun registry. His office has said the government is still trying to determine whether the treaty would affect lawful recreational firearms owners in Canada.

How does this not affect gun rights?
It prohibits the transfer of conventional weapons if they violate arms embargoes or if they promote acts of genocide, crimes against humanity or war crimes, and if they could be used in attacks on civilians or civilian buildings such as schools and hospitals.

Interesting tid-bit from the article:

The Administration has also implied that it can implement the ATT through its existing authorities and without new appropriations.

The problem is, as I understand it, is as long as it is signed, it could be voted in at some future date. That's provided the UN or this country still exists.

Interesting tid-bit from the article:
The Administration has also implied that it can implement the ATT through its existing authorities and without new appropriations.

Interesting tid-bit from some document from a long damned time ago:
...Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

No but seriously... **** Canada. With the exception of producing some really good pot, that place is completely useless. The whole country can FOAD as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by a moderator:
While i agree with you, that article is from March. I do believe that the numbers may have changes, wlthough i am to lazy to look it up.

Bah, someone posted it I didn't look at the date, since this has been in the(not mainstream) news recently

Back
Top Bottom