• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guess what this is

May be an illusion from the slight shadow and perspective, but is the base of the case narrower and most of the case (where the walls are thinner) bulged? Was it fired in an oversized chamber? The transition from the case to the shoulder seems uneven, and I don't see any taper in the case.

May be an illusion from the slight shadow and perspective, but is the base of the case narrower and most of the case (where the walls are thinner) bulged? Was it fired in an oversized chamber? The transition from the case to the shoulder seems uneven, and I don't see any taper in the case.
Good observation, but the chamber met SAAMI specs (for its caliber).
.308 fired in a 30’06?

Winner! Nice Michael!

What’s the other one?
Do you think this was a controlled round feed action? I’m guessing a push feed wouldn’t have fired right?

It'll headspace on the extractor (that's how the firing pin was able to make solid enough contact to get it rolling), and feed normally in most guns. It sounds funny though.

At first I thought, .223/556 fired in a .300 blk upper.... [laugh] Although in retrospect I would think it would be more fuct than that...

-Mike

At first I thought, .223/556 fired in a .300 blk upper.... [laugh] Although in retrospect I would think it would be more fuct than that...

-Mike
That marking at the top really made me think .300 black out also. LOL I've made lots of them from .223

Back
Top Bottom