• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guess I'll have to bump some S&W stuff up a few slots on my list...

You guys do realize that NSSF is a Mfg lobby group right? They only care about gun owners in that we contribute to their bottom line. This is not a donation for the BoR, it is a donation for the P&L.
I could care less who they lobby for if they are acting to protect rights. Lobbyists are not the enemy.

You guys do realize that NSSF is a Mfg lobby group right? They only care about gun owners in that we contribute to their bottom line. This is not a donation for the BoR, it is a donation for the P&L.
With all due respect you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about when it comes to the NSSF.

Guess I'll have to bump some S&W stuff up a few slots on my list...

With all due respect you have no ****ing clue what you're talking about when it comes to the NSSF.

[h=1]About the National Shooting Sports Foundation[/h]The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 13,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers.

It is not their actions I question but their motives. And I am not wrong.

Last edited:
About the National Shooting Sports Foundation

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 13,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers.

How is that bad, oh wise one? They support the group that we buy our sh!t from.....and thus support us by association.

Was reading the NSSF "We'll sue Healey" blog, and saw in the margin they post their Twitter feed. Sig donated $100K, and Hornady another $250K for this initiative. Mossberg $150K.

All great companies, actually looking out for us.

Good to know, better than nothing. Is Hornady a big company? $250k seems like a lot for them.

lol the Smith circle jerk is pretty amusing. Still spotty quality and customer service, plus they don't make anything I'd want (Ruger has better revolvers and Glock better semis). Nice to see them make a nice gesture but I do wish they did more for MA.

While I am not extremely enthusiastic about this, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

lol the Smith circle jerk is pretty amusing. Still spotty quality and customer service, plus they don't make anything I'd want (Ruger has better revolvers and Glock better semis). Nice to see them make a nice gesture but I do wish they did more for MA.

I like smith revolvers more... I still need a 340pd and .500.... and more money.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

[h=1]About the National Shooting Sports Foundation[/h]The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the firearms industry. Its mission is to promote, protect and preserve hunting and the shooting sports. Formed in 1961, NSSF has a membership of more than 13,000 manufacturers, distributors, firearms retailers, shooting ranges, sportsmen's organizations and publishers.

Really? How many of their employees do you personally know, have spent time with and have had multiple conversations with?

I like smith revolvers more... I still need a 340pd and .500.... and more money.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...
Well ok, I do want a 649.

And an R8/TRR8 for teh lolz

c52b6252dcb4c76c131203662a32db4d.jpg

Based on the other thread and the pending legal action announced coming from NSSF, I retract my question. This is wonderful to see.

I'm very much used to the sport of four wheeling, where national orgs do absolutely zero for Massachusetts, they deem it lost and gone.

Now that this has started I'm hoping that Savage and Kahr Arms jump on board as well. While the State, AG and Legislature is decidedly anti gun, I doubt they can really risk the loss of tax revenue from these manufacturers. I have to imagine the taxes from S&W alone must be significant.

Half a million dollar donation to a gun industry/rights/lobby/protection/promotion agency, NSSF, and people STILL want to bitch & moan and shit on S&W...wtf. We REALLY don't need any more division and animosity within the gun culture community. Can't we all just..get along?

Half a million dollar donation to a gun industry/rights/lobby/protection/promotion agency, NSSF, and people STILL want to bitch & moan and shit on S&W...wtf. We REALLY don't need any more division and animosity within the gun culture community. Can't we all just..get along?

+1

Now that this has started I'm hoping that Savage and Kahr Arms jump on board as well. While the State, AG and Legislature is decidedly anti gun, I doubt they can really risk the loss of tax revenue from these manufacturers. I have to imagine the taxes from S&W alone must be significant.

Pretty sure Healey knows these companies pay taxes and also doesn't care.

I'm pretty sure that if the CEO of S&W put on a suit of armor and demanded trial by combat people would still be on here bitching that they aren't doing enough.

I think everyone agrees that this donation is a good thing. Personally, I just don't see why that means that must all rush out and buy S&W.

no one is trying to influence Healey. This is about the state government.

Did you read what I responded to? The guy mention the AG is anti-gun but doesn't want to risk losing tax revenue. My point is the AG- along with anyone else involved with gun regulation- isn't about to change their position specifically because they want the tax revenue.

Back
Top Bottom