• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gubernatorial Race - MA

Lt Gov Polito signed the bump stock ban legislation.
"Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito signed the bill Friday in her capacity as acting governor, because Gov. Charlie Baker is on vacation in California."
so your statement means nothing, she did what the boss wanted her to do. although he may have been smart, probably didn't want his name on it.

honestly, I don't want to throw my vote away, which is what i'd be doing by leaving it blank or writing in someone without a proverbial prayers chance in hell. I hate to do it but....the lesser of the two evils is baker. but, I may still leave it blank.

"Lt. Gov. Karyn Polito signed the bill Friday in her capacity as acting governor, because Gov. Charlie Baker is on vacation in California."
so your statement means nothing, she did what the boss wanted her to do. although he may have been smart, probably didn't want his name on it.

honestly, I don't want to throw my vote away, which is what i'd be doing by leaving it blank or writing in someone without a proverbial prayers chance in hell. I hate to do it but....the lesser of the two evils is baker. but, I may still leave it blank.
I voted for JD Martinez

I do wish the statistic of how many people cast votes vs. how many left a major race blank was published along with the regular stats. you know, say....1.5 million went to the polls and 30,000 left the governors race blank. I think that would make a better impact than writing in mickey mouse. maybe someone would take the time to find out why they didn't vote for either candidate. just thinking aloud.

Thanks, I had forgotten about this.

Which always seemed a bit odd since she previously was considered very strongly pro-gun. Maybe greencobra was right. Maybe she had to support her boss or risk political suicide. Or maybe...who knows?

The Hill had an article today about Republicans defending Governors seats - they didn’t mention CharLIE Faker.

Blank it at least, Vote Gonzalez to schedule our next rally in January to give CharLIE a proper send off.

Thanks, I had forgotten about this.

Which always seemed a bit odd since she previously was considered very strongly pro-gun. Maybe greencobra was right. Maybe she had to support her boss or risk political suicide. Or maybe...who knows?

if she had any integrity, she should've told Baker to sign it when he got back. Even if she told him in private that she didn't support the bill. I have no problem telling my boss that I don't want my name associated with any work that I didn't have direct involvement with.

if she had any integrity, she should've told Baker to sign it when he got back. Even if she told him in private that she didn't support the bill. I have no problem telling my boss that I don't want my name associated with any work that I didn't have direct involvement with.

That is how I looked at it also.

I do wish the statistic of how many people cast votes vs. how many left a major race blank was published along with the regular stats. you know, say....1.5 million went to the polls and 30,000 left the governors race blank. I think that would make a better impact than writing in mickey mouse. maybe someone would take the time to find out why they didn't vote for either candidate. just thinking aloud.

I wrote in "Neither".

If you blank it, you didn't vote. If you write anything in, you voted.

Let's take the case where we have an uncontested race.

If 100 people go into the voting booth, but only 20 check the box for the unopposed candidate, they win with 100% of the 20 votes.
If 100 people go into the voting booth, 20 check the box for the unopposed candidate, but 40 write in something, then they win, but with 33% of the votes.

Theoretically, this could be fun in a real race. You could skew things so that the write-ins get more than either candidate and force the count of the write in votes. Sure, eventually one of the candidates wins, but make them work for it.

So, there is your signal to the world that the candidates we are running aren't wanted. Make the numbers reflect the actual opinion. Don't leave any race blank.

I voted early, left it blank. If I thought anyone looked at the write-ins, putting in Jim Wallace would send a clear message.
Have to admit I didnt know that write ins were ignored completely unless they win. Wrote in Jim Wallace figuring it would send a bit of a message.

in Fram, there were lots of old people and people in wheelchairs around 9am. It looks like a lot took an extraordinary effort to come to the polls.

Is Lively from Holyoke? His ministry is Springfield, his contact info page has a PO Box in Holyoke.

write in Putin ... that woud tickle libtard's sphincters

Have to admit I didnt know that write ins were ignored completely unless they win. Wrote in Jim Wallace figuring it would send a bit of a message.

Only the poll workers ever see who the write-ins are. They are reported in summation, but not individually.

in Fram, there were lots of old people and people in wheelchairs around 9am. It looks like a lot took an extraordinary effort to come to the polls.

Probably bused in by the local senior center. That's what they do in my town, they pick up any senior in need of a ride to the polls, so they arrive in a bus or van.

Back
Top Bottom