Guardian Arms reputation?

Anyone know anything about Guardian Arms in Westborough Ma? Says they are 209A firearms storage facility... Saw a nice pistol for sale by them but don't want to buy it if they have a crappy reputation for selling off confiscated firearms and charging outrageous prices to get your firearms back.

I found them to be very nice. Although not a huge facility by any means it is nice to be able to walk in and look at what they have without any pressure on sales. I went in there to find something for my wife. I walked out of there with a great Ruger 10/22 w /scope in very very good condition for a 1994 make. And I found the price to be very reasonable.
Each time I find myself in or near the area I will be dropping in to gladly check their inventory.
Do yourself a favor and drop in. You may be missing out on allot.

I corresponded with them about a pistol they had advised and they were very responsive. I don’t know more than that as we couldn’t make it work but I’ll tell you, they were willing to go to great lengths to do business, we’re friendly and responded quickly. A rarity in my experience. If there is a negative back story, that I don’t know. Just my experience and $0.02.

Anyone know anything about Guardian Arms in Westborough Ma? Says they are 209A firearms storage facility... Saw a nice pistol for sale by them but don't want to buy it if they have a crappy reputation for selling off confiscated firearms and charging outrageous prices to get your firearms back.
Guardian Arms is the newest name and location for Peter Dowd's bonded warehouse operation.

I have not done business with them BUT I was told Yankee Artifacts did in fact sell firearms from Dowd's operation. Again I am not calling them out....I am reporting something I was told. So take it with a grain of salt and do more research on your own.

Peter Dowd is not associated with Guardian Arms.

Pretty sure he had his FFL pulled too.

I've done business with Guardian and they are great guys to deal with. Steve (owner) even held a gun for me while my LTC was getting renewed which took forever. He could have easily sold it off but didn't. Been back a few times since and recommended them to others too.

???
Peter Dowd is not associated with Guardian Arms.
I think you're kind of missing the point (intentionally). Guardian Arms (a.k.a., Yankee Artifacts) is the successor bonded warehouse operation to Dowd's Village Vault bonded warehouse operation. Different location, same operation. Same (Dowd's) phone number even! If Dowd himself has stepped back to let others run it, that's understandable at his age. But please don't deny that Guardian Arms is the successor bonded warehouse business to Dowd's Village Vault business.

???

I think you're kind of missing the point (intentionally). Guardian Arms (a.k.a., Yankee Artifacts) is the successor bonded warehouse operation to Dowd's Village Vault bonded warehouse operation. Different location, same operation. Same (Dowd's) phone number even! If Dowd himself has stepped back to let others run it, that's understandable at his age. But please don't deny that Guardian Arms is the successor bonded warehouse business to Dowd's Village Vault business.

This^

To ME, the fact that Dowd is no longer involved is irrelevant. The fact that their policies directly mirror (verbatim, check both websites) those of the VV means that guns being sold there are more than likely guns that have been confiscated (stolen, really, IMO), and basically held hostage (due to their policies), from a fellow gun owner. There is literally no functional difference between the previous operation, and this new operation.

They are not associated with Peter Dowd. I have done business with Guardian also know as Yankee Artifacts. No complaints.
Y
???

It is Dowd's former partner and former employees. That doesn't mean they are bad people. When Dowd had his retail store he was very good to do business with. He cut me some good deals.

I purchased a rifle and shotgun from gaurdian arms, They were flexible on pricing and not pushy at all, Would buy again as they are a smaller outfit and there aren't alot of dealers near here.

Oof didn't know any of this (didn't look either). Nice guys and theyre close enough I can pop in on lunch, but no thanks.

I found those folks to very honest a great to do business with. Just because they worked for Peter Dowd years ago does not make them bad folks. Steve and his wife as well as Phil are good folks who have a wealth of knowledge about firearms unlike a lot of shops who have zero knowledge although there think they do. Gunshops are not like they used to be in this state. My father in law was in the business for almost fifty years and I worked part time there for over twenty. He also would purchase a collection from folks that lost a loved one and had no use or interest in the collection. In many instances they were not legally allowed to possess them. He always gave them a fair deal. What Steve does is totally fine and it's his right to do it.

This thread just goes to show you that some people will buy other people's legally stolen guns even when they know they are stolen, typically from men going through a divorce or who have been jammed up for some other nothing offense. Pretty sad commentary on Massachusetts gunowners if you ask me. But what goes around comes around. It's called karma. Some of those "bargain" pristine stolen guns you bought cheap from the bonded warehouse may get to cycle through the bonded warehouse yet again.

I purchased a rifle and shotgun from gaurdian arms, They were flexible on pricing and not pushy at all, Would buy again as they are a smaller outfit and there aren't alot of dealers near here.
"Flexible on pricing"... I'll bet they were. After all, they legally stole the gun for no more than a quiet kickback to the police. 🤫

Back
Top Bottom