• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Guardian Arms reputation?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know anything about Guardian Arms in Westborough Ma? Says they are 209A firearms storage facility... Saw a nice pistol for sale by them but don't want to buy it if they have a crappy reputation for selling off confiscated firearms and charging outrageous prices to get your firearms back.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found them to be very nice. Although not a huge facility by any means it is nice to be able to walk in and look at what they have without any pressure on sales. I went in there to find something for my wife. I walked out of there with a great Ruger 10/22 w /scope in very very good condition for a 1994 make. And I found the price to be very reasonable.
Each time I find myself in or near the area I will be dropping in to gladly check their inventory.
Do yourself a favor and drop in. You may be missing out on allot.

GJH86

NES Member
Rating - 98.8%
82   1   0
I corresponded with them about a pistol they had advised and they were very responsive. I don’t know more than that as we couldn’t make it work but I’ll tell you, they were willing to go to great lengths to do business, we’re friendly and responded quickly. A rarity in my experience. If there is a negative back story, that I don’t know. Just my experience and $0.02.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Anyone know anything about Guardian Arms in Westborough Ma? Says they are 209A firearms storage facility... Saw a nice pistol for sale by them but don't want to buy it if they have a crappy reputation for selling off confiscated firearms and charging outrageous prices to get your firearms back.
Guardian Arms is the newest name and location for Peter Dowd's bonded warehouse operation.

pcgod

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have not done business with them BUT I was told Yankee Artifacts did in fact sell firearms from Dowd's operation. Again I am not calling them out....I am reporting something I was told. So take it with a grain of salt and do more research on your own.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Knob Creek

NES Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0

jpm

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Peter Dowd is not associated with Guardian Arms.

Pretty sure he had his FFL pulled too.

I've done business with Guardian and they are great guys to deal with. Steve (owner) even held a gun for me while my LTC was getting renewed which took forever. He could have easily sold it off but didn't. Been back a few times since and recommended them to others too.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
???
Peter Dowd is not associated with Guardian Arms.
I think you're kind of missing the point (intentionally). Guardian Arms (a.k.a., Yankee Artifacts) is the successor bonded warehouse operation to Dowd's Village Vault bonded warehouse operation. Different location, same operation. Same (Dowd's) phone number even! If Dowd himself has stepped back to let others run it, that's understandable at his age. But please don't deny that Guardian Arms is the successor bonded warehouse business to Dowd's Village Vault business.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
???

I think you're kind of missing the point (intentionally). Guardian Arms (a.k.a., Yankee Artifacts) is the successor bonded warehouse operation to Dowd's Village Vault bonded warehouse operation. Different location, same operation. Same (Dowd's) phone number even! If Dowd himself has stepped back to let others run it, that's understandable at his age. But please don't deny that Guardian Arms is the successor bonded warehouse business to Dowd's Village Vault business.

This^

To ME, the fact that Dowd is no longer involved is irrelevant. The fact that their policies directly mirror (verbatim, check both websites) those of the VV means that guns being sold there are more than likely guns that have been confiscated (stolen, really, IMO), and basically held hostage (due to their policies), from a fellow gun owner. There is literally no functional difference between the previous operation, and this new operation.

swampy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
They are not associated with Peter Dowd. I have done business with Guardian also know as Yankee Artifacts. No complaints.
Y
???

It is Dowd's former partner and former employees. That doesn't mean they are bad people. When Dowd had his retail store he was very good to do business with. He cut me some good deals.

Top Bottom