• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GSG-522 “adjustable” stock

LuvToGoFast

NES Member
I bought a GSG-522 at FS a few years ago. The stock is this one.
It’s fixed for some reason. Anyone have one and/or do you know how to make it adjustable again?

Michael

It's fixed because it's a telescoping stock - it's been pinned.

That's to remain compliant with Massachusetts laws (actual MGL not Mad Mauras made up edict).

You've got a pistol grip; that's your one allowable feature.

Damn I thought because it was a .22 it didn’t apply. Of course I totally made that up I’m my head...

Oh no, you didn't make that up... the AG did and it probably got stuck in your head (as well as the heads of others).

This is the dangerous confusion that stems from her spouting nonsense... It's practically entrapment.

In Mad Maura's Made-up Mandate there's a statement like "no .22 caliber rifle is an assault weapon", however that has nothing to do with MGL.

According to MGL you've got a two-tiered features test that applies to all rifles regardless of caliber (yes, this includes 22lr). On tier one the rifle is both semi auto and accepts a detachable magazine, and on tier two the rifle can have only (1) of the following features - pistol grip, threaded barrel or flash hider, bayonet lug, telescoping stock, or grenade launcher.

If the rifle fails the tier one test, tier two doesn't apply. That is to say that a semi-auto fixed mag rifle may as many as all (5) of the tier two features and be compliant, as could a detachable magazine bolt-action, slide-action or lever-action rifle. Of course a rifle that is fixed capacity AND not semi-auto can have as many tier two features as you like as well.

Jay McMahon 2018 if these lies piss you off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom