Groundhog will not be down for cabbage, lettuce, peas, beans etc...

Cowgirlup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last few weeks a groundhog has been raiding my garden and destroying everything. I couldn't figure out how it was getting in since there were no tunnels like usual. I set some traps but the bait was gone and nothing in the trap.

This morning while I was clearing out a Zyrtec induced brain fog I looked out the window and saw my enemy in the garden! Still in my PJ's I grabbed my .22 and went out the front door so I could sneak around back and catch it.

Scared DH who was enjoying a quiet morning on the front porch and didn't know what the emergency was.

I had to sneak around the side of the house and stay out of sight. It had it's back to me while enjoying some morning cabbage and I had to open the gate because it's too tall to shoot over.
Then it tried to run. It had been climbing the fence. I had no idea they could do that.
At least 2 maybe 3 body shots because it was trying to get away before I could finish it with a head shot but totally worth it.

Little jerk is now dead.

gh.jpg

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
For the last few weeks a groundhog has been raiding my garden and destroying everything. I couldn't figure out how it was getting in since there were no tunnels like usual. I set some traps but the bait was gone and nothing in the trap.

This morning while I was clearing out a Zyrtec induced brain fog I looked out the window and saw my enemy in the garden! Still in my PJ's I grabbed my .22 and went out the front door so I could sneak around back and catch it.

Scared DH who was enjoying a quiet morning on the front porch and didn't know what the emergency was.

I had to sneak around the side of the house and stay out of sight. It had it's back to me while enjoying some morning cabbage and I had to open the gate because it's too tall to shoot over.
Then it tried to run. It had been climbing the fence. I had no idea they could do that.
At least 2 maybe 3 body shots because it was trying to get away before I could finish it with a head shot but totally worth it.

Little jerk is now dead.

View attachment 236531
May he RIP.

milktree

NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
(snip)
It had been climbing the fence. I had no idea they could do that.
I didn't either! What kind of fence? How tall?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL

I love the replies!

Don’t feel a bit bad for the GH.
You should see what happens to squirrels and chipmunks that visit us.
I seldom have to move them after they succumb to lead poisoning.
The hawk, crows, and raccoons in our neighborhood are well fed.
I hope they have learned to spit the pellets out.

strangenh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It's a little bloody....
*Phew*

LOL

I love the replies!

Don’t feel a bit bad for the GH.
You should see what happens to squirrels and chipmunks that visit us.
I seldom have to move them after they succumb to lead poisoning.
The hawk, crows, and raccoons in our neighborhood are well fed.
I hope they have learned to spit the pellets out.
The local fauna "cleanup crews" are great.

And yeah - Never feel bad for those destructive buggers.

Top Bottom