Grey Guns ELS Trigger for Sig P229/M11

SFC13557

NES Member
Just ordered the Enhanced Leverage System from Grey Guns, anyone have one installed on pistol? I ordered it over a year ago.

I’m confused, did you just order it? Or ordered it over a year ago?
Ordered the ELS with short reset trigger and Grey Guns guide rod over a year ago with intention of sending Sig to them for installation. Finally received work order and ship order 2 weeks ago but found local gunsmith who will install system. I called, emailed them yesterday asking them to just ship parts. I'll save the shipping both ways which would be about $80.00.

Thanks, also ordered the short reset trigger(SRT). Have you installed the trigger also?
The three Sigs I mentioned above all have the SRT from the factory as they were Elites and a Legion. I agree with s&w3913 above in that the SRT feels like a DA/SA should.

I put an SRT into a basic 226. Much improved. Just ordered the ELS and GG Superstrut for a 229Legion. Nuthin' against the SigArmorer but
I felt the GG combo might play together better, and it comes w/ spring kit.

I put an SRT into a basic 226. Much improved. Just ordered the ELS and GG Superstrut for a 229Legion. Nuthin' against the SigArmorer but
I felt the GG combo might play together better, and it comes w/ spring kit.
I talked to Chris Wednesday and he said he had parts in hand so I gave him CC number and they charged my card. Sent him email Friday requesting shipping info and he says it will be a few more days because they don't have retail side set up. :confused:

I received email yesterday saying parts have shipped then receive email from Chris stating parts will be shipped today. WTF? Greyguns doesn't seem to have their shit together. When I emailed/called asking them to ship me parts instead of me shipping them Sig I was initially told they couldn't do it because parts were allocated to gunsmith to do job. When I bitched telling them I've been waiting for over a year he said he would talk to shop and see if he could take MY parts and ship them to me. Then Chris said there was disconnect between shop and retail/shipping. Waiting for email stating parts have actually shipped, they charged my CC card over a week ago.

Received email from Firearms Depot advertising a P229/M11/A1 for $1,099.99, I paid less than $600 a year ago for mine on Gunbroker. :cool:

It's really not hard to do the trigger in a P229. In fact, I reused the original 229 Legion trigger
in my basic 226 Nitron yesterday. It's maybe 10-15 minutes of work. You dont even need any tools.
Just replacement grease and paper towels. The big thing is if you got the right DAK/non-DAK version
based on your 229

Lots of videos and ping me privately if you want some help

It's really not hard to do the trigger in a P229. In fact, I reused the original 229 Legion trigger
in my basic 226 Nitron yesterday. It's maybe 10-15 minutes of work. You dont even need any tools.
Just replacement grease and paper towels. The big thing is if you got the right DAK/non-DAK version
based on your 229

Lots of videos and ping me privately if you want some help
Thanks, supposedly parts are on the way.

Received parts Friday, dropped gun and parts off at Continental Firearms in Clinton yesterday. Received call from Todd telling they sent wrong trigger bar, a DAK trigger bar and it requires non-DAK trigger bar. Called Greyguns and had Chris call gunsmith and supposedly correct trigger bar is on the way. The saga continues.

Which of the 3 trigger options did you go with?

I got the hybrid and I don't care for it & I'm going to send it back and get the curved one.

. Picked up Sig M11-A1 2 weeks ago and drove to Harvard, big difference. 4 Seasons sent email last week advertising P229 Legions for $1133 which is a good deal. Sigs on gun broker were going for $1295 so I drove to 4 Seasons yesterday and bought one. Very nice night sights, trigger is about the same as my Grey Guns modified M11-A1. I bought the M11 over a year ago from Gunbroker for a good price so now I have 2 Sigs. [rockon]

Back
Top Bottom