Greg Derr is now a celebrity

Greg is now a celebrity - a regular columnist for American Handgunner.

I was once seated next to him on a flight to the Shot Show. Not gonna happen ever again, since he will no doubt be ushered to first class with the other celebrities and important people.

I feel blessed hes done some small work for me.
My boss had a flood last spring and a few of his pistols fell victim to the ravages of water. So a Colt is getting a work over from Greg. Cant wait to see it.
I like Gregs colt project of a 1911 in the style of each decade.

Seeing, holding and shooting his work should be on everyone's bucket list. ✔ Owning is even better.

Well deserved recognition. Congratulations, Greg.

Last edited:
The man is an artist. He need his own folder here on NES. All that damned 1911 pr0n.
If you've seen his posts with pictures of his guns you'll know he's also a professional grade photographer. He's probably sick of my posts telling him he should do a coffee table book of his favorite project guns.

He's probably sick of my posts telling him he should do a coffee table book of his favorite project guns.

He just did one very recently. Only a few copies though. They are "shop copies" for when customers are picking up, dropping off their pistols. He is thinking about doing a calendar. He has asked if there is enough interest in his work.

He just did one very recently. Only a few copies though. They are "shop copies" for when customers are picking up, dropping off their pistols. He is thinking about doing a calendar. He has asked if there is enough interest in his work.
I think yes!
would grab a calendar, and possibly a book too if the time came

I think yes!
would grab a calendar, and possibly a book too if the time came
i think between his gun work and photo work a nice coffee table book of his work would do well in the 1911 world.
I like looking at his pictures he post of his work.

Has he signed for his own TV show yet? LOL.
i think he needs to hire the shop idiot, hot receptionist and a few more workers with personal issues. After all shows about gun smiths are about the people right.

Back
Top Bottom