Green towns for CLEO signature

In May we might get an answer on what's going on with 41p which got me thinking. Has anyone had good/ bad luck when applying as an individual and obtaining a CLEO signature? What towns?

Why would anyone file as an individual in the age of electronics? Not trying to be a dick, I just can't think of any benefit that isn't overwhelmingly surpassed by filing as a trust.

As OP stated, 41P would bring back the need for CLEO sign-off, not just for trusts, but for corporations, LLCs, etc.

As OP stated, 41P would bring back the need for CLEO sign-off, not just for trusts, but for corporations, LLCs, etc.

ahhh yes. I almost forgot about that little proposition. ugh. but there is still time!

Last edited:
First, I don't think anyone will want to "make" this list. The "relationships" developed in some places to acquire signatures vary, as well some chiefs will sign for some types of items but not others. If you want to know if your Chief will sign go talk to him, if they don't know what you are talking about, explain the process and what you want.

Why would anyone file as an individual in the age of electronics? Not trying to be a dick, I just can't think of any benefit that isn't overwhelmingly surpassed by filing as a trust.

I have NFA owned direct by me, by a corporation I am president of, and held in a trust (the "big 3" methods of ownership). Not trying to be a dick either but two easy reasons why one might prefer individual ownership.

1. Clear/Concise "ownership", your name on all the paperwork not whatever you named the trust/corporation.
2. No worries that some way some how some lawyer will notice some insignificant "i" is not dotted or "t" is not crossed and suddenly your trust is invalid...

Back
Top Bottom