• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Green member STOLE MY MONEY! Beware of 4406packman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update - there's nothing from him still. I had sent an email to him and a paypal request for a refund at the same time I posted the thread and hit his feedback. No response at all.

I'll update post #1 if anything changes.
You started this shit show so now you have to stay down here in the spent brass bucket with the rest of us. 😝

To date, the dude only had 51 posts... Green or not, that kind of low activity just smells fishy when it comes to selling stuff on the classifieds. Demonstrates lack of any real commitment or attachment to the forum or the account... Something someone would be far too willing to lose when scamming someone else.

why did the neg rep thing go away? My sports talk forum used to have a “Dislike” option but they got wicked PC and got rid of it, did NES do the same when they got out of the Neg rep thing lol

Girls with penises would start threads about how they shouldn't have been given a neg rep, people got threatening over PM's... There really are females with penises on this board just looking to get offended.

Yeah, and back then, not all rep was created equal. One time a guy repped one of my posts and it counted for like six rep points. Most people could only give one. I assumed negs worked the same way, but they canceled out positive reps and I was always careful about giving them out. I think I only did it like twice. You had to write a note for those, too.

This way's simpler, which has to be better for the tech weenies.

The more rep you had, the more points given to the recipient. Pretty sure there was a thread or something where all the high rep guys would just rep each other. Some people got "god" status in 2 weeks lol

Girls with penises would start threads about how they shouldn't have been given a neg rep, people got threatening over PM's... There really are females with penises on this board just looking to get offended.
“Chicks with dicks” or shemales

440 three 2- barrel carbs- is that a recipe for some high rpm, small displacement euro econobox? My motorcycle has a bigger engine ffs… get a grip people…
You have something bigger than a big block V8 in your motorcycle? Someone get this guy a Desert Eagle - stat!

Early on when I joined I think I actually remember people complaining about “Rep” threads and trolling for positives given to them lol

You young'uns and your fancy celly phone tippytalk postings...back in the day we had to use one of these beauties to post. Uphill. Both ways. In the snow. After shoveling a quarter ton of coal...

View attachment 509594

I used one of those when I worked on the trading desk of a stock brokerage firm as a kid. I'd type in the orders, create the paper tape, then run it through the paper tape reader. The order would print out on the floor of the stock exchange.

Update - there's nothing from him still. I had sent an email to him and a paypal request for a refund at the same time I posted the thread and hit his feedback. No response at all.

I'll update post #1 if anything changes.

Wait... is this an actual on-topic post? I forgot this thread was actually about something.

To date, the dude only had 51 posts... Green or not, that kind of low activity just smells fishy when it comes to selling stuff on the classifieds. Demonstrates lack of any real commitment or attachment to the forum or the account... Something someone would be far too willing to lose when scamming someone else.

Yes, but a whole lot of people only joined in order to buy and sell. I've got no issues with that, as long as their feedback is good. The problem described by the OP here is really, really rare among sellers, regardless of their post count. I've done business with plenty of guys who've been members for like five years and only have double-digit posts; no problems with those deals.

The more rep you had, the more points given to the recipient. Pretty sure there was a thread or something where all the high rep guys would just rep each other. Some people got "god" status in 2 weeks lol

I was an admin on another forum that used the same software and the rep just turned into a circle jerk with a bunch of guys just + repping each other into the stratosphere. It went away there too because it quickly became obvious how meaningless it was.

It also worked the other way too, the more + rep you had, the more negative a - rep was when you hit someone with a neg.

Looks like somebody knows which end the bullets come out!;)

Reactions: AHM
You young'uns and your fancy celly phone tippytalk postings...back in the day we had to use one of these beauties to post. Uphill. Both ways. In the snow. After shoveling a quarter ton of coal...

View attachment 509594

What is that? A combination of a rotary phone, fax machine and Word processor?

I’ve had black and white TVs, a record player and a rotary phone but I’ve never seen them all merged into one unit

I am serious what is that even called?

Telle-tex? That’s an old-school text message for sure

What is that? A combination of a rotary phone, fax machine and Word processor?

I’ve had black and white TVs, a record player and a rotary phone but I’ve never seen them all merged into one unit

I am serious what is that even called?

Telle-tex? That’s an old-school text message for sure
It types to a waiting world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom