• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Green Laser Sights: Anyone use them?

Bill, I have a green Aimshot that is absolutely awesome. I can see it easily at 100 yards during the day. What isn't awesome is the Aimpoint mount. I put it on my Saiga and cannot get it to stay put under recoil. I've tried two of their mounts and had the same problem with both.

One thing to be careful of with lasers, is any of the "really good ones" can
be dangerous if used improperly. Avoid shining the laser onto a
highly reflective surface. While many of the lasers that are out there may
be below the level of power to cause eye damage, there are many that
will.

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but I know that a lot of folks here are
gear nuts... and some of the best laser units on the market (like what the
mil guys use on M4/M16's and the like) have sufficient power level and output
to cause eye damage if used improperly. It's also good to note that
some of the high end units have an output adjustment of sorts... so you can
use the more conservative setting to mitigate some of the danger.

-Mike

when we deployed to Bosnia in 01,we got the Paq-4's, I lased a Kiowa Warrior on Guard one night, and he turned around, took my tower number down. It wasnt 10 minutes before the BDOC NCOIC was in there with me.
No more lasing the Helicopters for me, thank you very much.

Considering the risks, I'll stick to red.

The risks are very low. Just don't turn it on and look into the beam. After all, the laser is only the most second-most dangerous thing to come out the front of your gun. Just treat it like you always do. - observe the 4 rules and you'll be fine.

From what I have heard and read the green is supose to be the cats a$$ for daytime. It somehow shows up better in daylight than the red doe's.

As far as shining ones eye with it I wouldn't say either red or green is good to do it with, yes I know they are lower power but I wouldn't want it right in my eye.

I've had my pointer bounce off of the TV to a mirror and I saw it that way, that was brite enough for me [smile] .

If you're pointing the gun at something, the laser is the least of their worries.

Amen there !!!

I kind of look at the gun mounted lights the same way, you should only be pointing your gun at something you are willing to shoot. It's easyer to move your flashlight if your spooked than to not pull the trigger.

From what I have heard and read the green is supose to be the cats a$$ for daytime. It somehow shows up better in daylight than the red doe's.

As far as shining ones eye with it I wouldn't say either red or green is good to do it with, yes I know they are lower power but I wouldn't want it right in my eye.

I've had my pointer bounce off of the TV to a mirror and I saw it that way, that was brite enough for me [smile] .

I have both, and the green is significantly brighter than the red. It is so bright, that after shooting for a little while at my range, and getting some smoke in the air, the green beam was visible all the way to the target - a distance of over 75 yards.

Back
Top Bottom