• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Greatest gun store in the state!

To be fair, Carl created FS in the era of you walking into a gun shop in mASS and the owner looks and says, "GET THE F OUT OF HERE, LOSER!" Then refuses to acknowledge you for an hour. Begrudgingly sells you a gun, complains that he has to look for ammo (usually 22lr, 9mm, 45) for it and has a selection of holsters his dog stapled together from well macerated "pig ears" just yesterday.

Carl's friendly face 20+ years ago was a welcome change for most gun owners. Now he's got the 128 Belt yuppers very happy. Don't begrudge any of them.

FWIW, I got a fair # of deals from Carl years ago. He got a slew of S&W Mod 38's one time. I think they were police or security company guns. Literally, the dept/company bought the guns and then put them IN THE SAFE - still in boxes. Unfired. Still had the waxy craft paper on them. I think they were $225. I still have one just'b'cuz. I've never shot it. It's not valuable. But the high high high polish on it (more black than blue) is just striking. Still got the box and paper too.

It must have been a security company. I recall that the 2 guns I got, one was 1971 and one 1977 or something. They were all different years. They kept buying guns and just hanging on to them. LOL

My experience with gun shops when I first moved here was Gun Room in Shrewsbury, so you make some great points lol I never went gun "shopping", just went gun buying. Seems he caters to guys who just like to shop not really knowing what they want, they want their hand held throughout the entire process. I never needed to be coddled or sold to, just give me a good or competitive price and I'll be on my way :)

The population density of where he is located definitely adds to that equation.

why? scar is an ok gun, if you get it for free. the price is stupid, but, it is not worse than a tavor or sar or any other gov issues junk.
dunno why anyone would buy it for home use, but, whatever. some people even buy mutilated AKs for home use. :)
What does a SCAR do better than a .308 AR pattern gun?

To be fair, Carl created FS in the era of you walking into a gun shop in mASS and the owner looks and says, "GET THE F OUT OF HERE, LOSER!" Then refuses to acknowledge you for an hour. Begrudgingly sells you a gun, complains that he has to look for ammo (usually 22lr, 9mm, 45) for it and has a selection of holsters his dog stapled together from well macerated "pig ears" just yesterday.

Carl's friendly face 20+ years ago was a welcome change for most gun owners. Now he's got the 128 Belt yuppers very happy. Don't begrudge any of them.
^^^^This^^^^ I've purchased several firearms there over the years and never had an issue. Never understood the hate for 4S, like @greencobra said, just walk away if you've got a problem with them.

just walk away
so not even allowed to send then a friendly F#CK YOU, just walk away silently? :)
dunno, what 'friendly' you talk about, i probably was there on a busier day. but, i was not there 20 years ago. more like, 5.

why? scar is an ok gun, if you get it for free. the price is stupid, but, it is not worse than a tavor or sar or any other gov issues junk.
dunno why anyone would buy it for home use, but, whatever. some people even buy mutilated AKs for home use. :)

I really like the way the SCAR in 308 shoots, really smooth.

Not gonna lie, if they were $1500 or so I would own one, even though they look tarded. For what they charge, it should come with a mid to high end optic.

What does a SCAR do better than a .308 AR pattern gun?
i look at that from a different perspective - all my multiple gas guns are in ARs as they all are interchangeable and repairable.
i am trying my best not to deviate too much, as i have 0 inclination to deal with any other kinds of broken parts from other vendors.
ARs and glocks are the core of any prepper arsenal. and good luck to smartasses with scars, sigs etc fixing them.
the most simplest, basic and generic is always the best.

and - a very friendly - FU to laughing morons. :)

i look at that from a different perspective - all my multiple gas guns in ARs as they all are interchangeable and repairable.
i am trying my best not to deviate too much, as i have 0 inclination to deal with any other kinds of broken parts from other vendors.
ARs and glocks are the core of any prepper arsenal. and good luck to smartasses with scars, sigs etc fixing them.
the most simplest, basic and generic is always the best.
My guy, you own a $5k X95 and hate AKs.

SFAR "hold my beer"

I shot a SFAR this past weekend, that thing was sweet, so easy to shoot.
i like the 7.62 one - SCAR, as of 5.56 - it is all fine, but, to ever buy and own one - naah. f#ck it. it`s for operating operators only, who`re in the know.

a SFAR i do have my own, and it was a good buy. not without issues, though, but they are mostly fixable - worst is the gas block contact with the handguard. but it is still a mostly same rather reliable AR hybrid design with no major gotchas.

and i would not say it is any better than a classic heavier AR10. it is light and portable and, well, quite awesome for what it is, but, it is not a replacement for AR10 longevity wise.

Last edited:

FWIW, I got a fair # of deals from Carl years ago. He got a slew of S&W Mod 38's one time. I think they were police or security company guns. Literally, the dept/company bought the guns and then put them IN THE SAFE - still in boxes. Unfired. Still had the waxy craft paper on them. I think they were $225. I still have one just'b'cuz. I've never shot it. It's not valuable. But the high high high polish on it (more black than blue) is just striking. Still got the box and paper too.

It must have been a security company. I recall that the 2 guns I got, one was 1971 and one 1977 or something. They were all different years. They kept buying guns and just hanging on to them. LOL
Carl didn’t open FS he bought it.

I wonder if this thread will turn into that other SCAR thread from a few years ago. 9 pages of debate lol

I wonder if this thread will turn into that other SCAR thread from a few years ago. 9 pages of debate lol
Is that a euphemism for "dupe"?

Maybe around 128 they were DB, .....but i bought plenty of guns in the 80's and 90's from central MA gun shops that were nice to deal with, the Log cabin in Northboro was one of them. Even Gun Room had its days.....some days they were DB but other days they were fine depending in who was behind the counter. Plenty of other good shops. The area just doesn't have enough population to support too many like Eastern MA.

FS made their nut on buying in bulk trailer fulls of shields and other popular stuff and selling 50 dollars or less lower than anyone else for people who wanted to wait in line. Which is fine really no harm, no foul.....good business model if you can afford the up front. "Whore of the business" is what some people call that. I can't go that far.....if he can sell for that price and make what he needs to operate.....its obviously a successful model.

My big contention was his popular shop misinformed the public about "Glocks are illegal" and then had a wall of old shit, and sold over priced Pre98 glocks to newbies well over the full price of new ones and made decent money off the backs of ill informed new gun owners. In essence, he was a key helping solidify the total fallacy that no one can own anything but a pre-98 Glock in MA.

Meanwhile out in Central MA there were dealers laughing at that, and the idiots buying dried out old plastic, and informing and helping people the correct way. Remember, in those days there weren't 18 flavors of plastic. There were Glock, and M&P, maybe a Sig here and there. So people that couldn't get or didn't want to buy used up cracked pre98 Glocks for 800 dollars, were buying shitty triggered M&P's and then regretting the whole thing and trying to sell them for half the price in the want ads on NES. Or doing trigger jobs on shit.

And worse off a newbie would get on NES and start a "Glocks are illegal" post and get burned at the stake. Meanwhile all along the poor dude probably learned it from the FS guns website....they had a whole page on it. Yet on NES.....FS was praised like they were the only shop in the state, and lines would form at his place. Threads like sales tax holidays at FS!, I waited in line for 8 hours to buy a 299 dollar shield! and it was the best thing ever!

OK Rant off......

Last edited:
Why would you buy a scar when Sig makes a much better cheaper version in more calibers

[laugh]

I've bought several guns from them over the years. Never got a bad deal and was never poorly treated. But I always knew what I wanted and what was a fair price or price I was willing to pay. Yes the Glock nonsense from their does bother me. But it's up to the consumer to do his/her own research. I don't like saying that because there's so much misinformation in this screwed up state that its hard to keep track of what's real and what's made up foolishness.

For all you haters, Carl's live cam right now:
Flexing Pay Day GIF by G2 Esports

Back
Top Bottom