• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great West Springfield Gun and Knife Show: October 28-29 2017

I’ll do what I do every show there, be pissed at the high prices and end up stopping at the shop I frequent and buy something there.

I'm coming from the Cape.
Is this show worth the trip?

I suggest that you read some of the other threads on the W. Springfield shows in this sub-forum.

You will find only 1 ammo dealer and thus high prices.

You will find that almost every gun for sale is cheaper at your local gun shop.

However, you can see a lot more guns in one place than you would at any individual gun shop.

I'm coming from the Cape.
Is this show worth the trip?

No. Unless you happen to be coming here already fro something else.

Now, I am a fan of the Big E show, mainly because it's in my backyard. But I do not think that there is ANY show in Massachusetts any more which is worth driving that distance just for the show.

Went today and definitely not worth it if you're driving a long distance. Not even half the usual size. Half of the hall was empty and they had the lights off on that half. Maybe 150 tables occupied of the 500 tables advertised and 70% of that was junk tables. Not worth it.

I didn’t see the normal safe display. Also the “ammo tent” was actually a very small gated off section inside the building.

I found a deal today at the show. I bought a HK USP 9mm preban for $550. Sadly only 1 magazine but it is my first preban. I have wanted usp for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

One satisfied Big E Gun Show attendee. Things are looking up! [thumbsup]

I picked up a few boxes of 240 gr FMJ .44 Magnum for $24 a box, I thought that was VERY reasonable, plus I needed some brass.

I found the bulk pricing from the ammo vendor to be fairly reasonable. I believe it was $189.99 for a case of 124 gr. 9mm with a can.

I picked up a few boxes of 240 gr FMJ .44 Magnum for $24 a box, I thought that was VERY reasonable, plus I needed some brass.

I found the bulk pricing from the ammo vendor to be fairly reasonable. I believe it was $189.99 for a case of 124 gr. 9mm with a can.

A second satisfied customer? We're on a roll here.

A second satisfied customer? We're on a roll here.

I will be #3...

I picked up some new preban 20rd AR mags for a fair price and 500 Hornady 55 gr FMJ bullets for 10 c. @.

My companions got some good deals on handloading components also.

A good time and later a stop for lunch... too much rain to go shooting anyhow.[grin]

Jack

Wow! 3 people!

Down at Alice's Restaurant that would be known as an ORGANIZATION!

You can add another to the list.
Got my dies for 10 bucks.
119 bullets for 9 and a unicorn to boot.
That 10mm mag is a bit longer than standard.

Weatherby bullets too from his original sporting goods store....never knew they existed either.

Greg, I think you need about 50 for a movement.

And can you imagine fifty people a day? I said FIFTY people a day . . .
Walkin' in, singin' a bar of "Alice's Restaurant" and walkin' out? Friends,
They may think it's a MOVEMENT, and that's what it is: THE ALICE'S
RESTAURANT ANTI-MASSACREE MOVEMENT! . . . and all you gotta do to join is to
Sing it the next time it comes around on the guitar.

With feelin'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom