Great weekend at the range

After much planning, many ammo buys, and a few new acquisitions, I was fortunate enough to bring three new shooters to the range for some hands-on time this weekend. This included myself, my girl, her brother, and mother. It was a brisk saturday morning, after much deliberation on the weather, during the week. we all buckled up and commited to heading to the range. It was a great decision. Although a little windy, that made for some chill, a box of joe and hand warmers were a sure cure for that. I could see all three of their eyes light up as I unpacked some of my children. I had previously instructed them on the proper handling techniques, safety rules, as well as some hints on posture and trigger squeeze. After a small familiarization, they were ready. First we started with a .25, then a P22. Her mother really liked that one and continued to shoot that consistantly throughout the day. After going through some more pistols, it was time for the rifles. This is where her brother and I got real excited. First it was a lever action. and then a .22Mag scoped. These two were really good today. Finally it came to the 5.56. I loaded some rounds into the mag, and I could see the excitement on their faces, this brought a smile to my face. After putting a bunch of rounds down range, it was time to call it a day. Clean up was fast and easy. All in all It was a great weekend. And I do believe there are three new huge supporters for the 2A.

Best part is that her brother in from NC, and he just asked me about some 'how to' about buying guns down there! This is my joy.

Good job! Being from NC I had to laugh at that last part; want to buy a gun in NC? Go to the shop, fill out forms, leave with long guns, 5 day wait for pistols unless you already have permits, (they just nullify the 5 day wait)

Back
Top Bottom