• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great Road Firearms in Stow

Care to elaborate? I did some business there last year and it was a good experience for the most part. They were going through some growing pains trying to standardize their background check process, so it took over an hour to get a delay out of the ATF, but the guys were decent anyway.

Im sure you looked at the website,if you have their FFL # run it through EZ check.

what does that do? Their website says open 7 days a week. Call goes to answering machine and no one's called back.

Care to elaborate? I did some business there last year and it was a good experience for the most part. They were going through some growing pains trying to standardize their background check process, so it took over an hour to get a delay out of the ATF, but the guys were decent anyway.

Yes, Pete and Andy are good guys. I also bought a firearm there last year.

If you go to their website,it says they are closed until further notice due to building concerns.

Im a cynic and remember Zero Hour(and other gun shops) a while ago and why they say they are closed and the actual reason they are closed. That's why I suggested running their FFL in EZ check.

I sent them an email and never heard back. They had a Colt Delta Cup and ACOG that I was hoping to get more info on. I’ve been in there a couple of times. They didn’t have anything I was interested in, but they were close by, so that was nice.

Maybe the police might know? If you have a gun there maybe try contacting the ATF and see if they still have a license?

well, went out to Great Road Firearms today. Met with the owner Pete and the new owner Steve. Everything is moving along, slowly, but may be open this week sometime.

all issues resolved, moving forward. There may be great things happening in the future.

That’s good to hear. I’m looking forward to how the shop develops from here. Did Pete just get tired of running it? I can’t imagine they were having a lot of in-store traffic given their location, and don’t know what they’re doing online besides what I see here.

Pete told me his other business was more profitable. He says there was a lot of downtime at the shop and as you know that doesn't make money.

As some of you have said, we are officially re-opened!

The long and short of it is the business changed hands. We wanted to make sure that when we did open the doors again, we had something great to show for our downtime. We've vastly expanded our inventory and have made sure to have the appropriate staff on hand such that we can meet your needs. We're adding more stuff all of the time, and have made some major changes. All of our current inventory of firearms is updated daily to our website, and we've got some of the best-priced ammo around. Our transfer fees and consignment rates have also been lowered, and our hours adjusted to better suit customer's busy schedules.

We look forward to seeing you!

As some of you have said, we are officially re-opened!

The long and short of it is the business changed hands. We wanted to make sure that when we did open the doors again, we had something great to show for our downtime. We've vastly expanded our inventory and have made sure to have the appropriate staff on hand such that we can meet your needs. We're adding more stuff all of the time, and have made some major changes. All of our current inventory of firearms is updated daily to our website, and we've got some of the best-priced ammo around. Our transfer fees and consignment rates have also been lowered, and our hours adjusted to better suit customer's busy schedules.

We look forward to seeing you!
i wish you great success. good luck!

I bought a Tavor X95 from them last year. They are right down the street from my daughters house in Maynard, lately they always looked closed when I drove by. Good to see they're still in business, I'll have to stop in next time. To the owners, what are your hours? Nevermind, I checked the website 11-7pm everyday. Clicked on inventory and it won't open.

Last edited:
They are right next door to my dentist. Stopped by today after an appointment and picked up a very clean Norinco 56S-1 underfolder and a nice Colt AR15 A2. The have an excellent selection of pre-ban and C&R guns (a beautiful M1 Garand and even a 1903 Springfield), along with all the more modern stuff - Sig P365, Mossberg 930 SPX, etc. Very friendly and helpful guys. This was my first AK platform rifle and they took the time to walk me through disassembly so that I could check out all it’s internals. Can’t recommend them enough.

Just wanted to put in a good word for GRF. Nice shop run by a couple of very friendly, cool guys. They have quite a nice inventory as well. A little bit of almost everything. Definitely worth stopping in.

I went in on Sunday and ended up leaving with a Marlin model 39 .22 lever gun. Pretty much excellent condition. Its what Marlin called the "mountie", with a shorter 20" barrel and straight grip stock, 1982 mfg date. Very pleased with the pickup.

Just wanted to put in a good word for GRF. Nice shop run by a couple of very friendly, cool guys. They have quite a nice inventory as well. A little bit of almost everything. Definitely worth stopping in.

I went in on Sunday and ended up leaving with a Marlin model 39 .22 lever gun. Pretty much excellent condition. Its what Marlin called the "mountie", with a shorter 20" barrel and straight grip stock, 1982 mfg date. Very pleased with the pickup.

Hey triple, how much was the marlin? That’s a beaut.

Stopped by this weekend and like the new shop. Unfortunately they can’t do anything about the signange so it’s easy to miss, but it looks good and is well stocked now, while they’re making room for more inventory.

Back
Top Bottom