• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great quote by Louis Awerbuck

JimConway

Instructor
"...once you discover your personal weaknesses, that's what you train to improve--your strengths are already there. If you don't train both mind and body, you will never be a champion--and very few people through fighting history have, if at all, ever reached the zenith--at least not to the real champion's satisfaction. They were all eternal students until their death."

Louis Awerbuck
More Tactical Reality
Also May2003 SWAT Magazine

"...once you discover your personal weaknesses, that's what you train to improve--your strengths are already there. If you don't train both mind and body, you will never be a champion--and very few people through fighting history have, if at all, ever reached the zenith--at least not to the real champion's satisfaction. They were all eternal students until their death."

Louis Awerbuck
More Tactical Reality
Also May2003 SWAT Magazine

"Today this industry lost a legend; an icon of the training world.

Louis Awerbuck -- the soft-spoken master of the fighting shotgun -- passed away today. It goes without saying that his family, friends, and colleagues are all stunned and saddened by the news. We at RCS offer our condolences to his loved ones.

If you trained with, or were mentored by Louis, we encourage you to share your memories of him and the lessons you learned from him. Honor his memory by sharing the impact he made on you.

Rest in peace, Louis."
Raven Concealment Systems {Facebook}

Of all is the trainers, that I have trained with, the two that I respect and miss the most are Louis Awerbuck and Jeff Cooper. I can remember Louis diagnosing one of my 1911s which was shooting a little high and right. He told me to replace the barrel link. I did and shot it the next day. Obviously he was right.

I booked him three times. Only one of these classes was filed. What a shame.

Back
Top Bottom