• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great Pyrenees vs. Wile E.

Dogs should not be allowed outside. They're fur people, not animals!

I'm sure that most here know that I'm being my usual sarcastic self, but I'd bet the poster of the above is getting comments like that.

I got a few, myself, when one of my Pomeranians killed a woodchuck. [laugh] I don't know why, but she hated chucks!

Don't mess with genetics and hundreds of years of breeding.

"The Great Pyrenees is a large, thickly coated, and immensely powerful working dog bred to deter sheep-stealing wolves and other predators on snowy mountaintops. Pyrs today are mellow companions and vigilant guardians of home and family."

I’ve got an 8 pound terrier that’s a monster rabbit killer. He’s got 2 official kills (my wife only knows about 1 haha). I’ve never seen a dog so prey focused.

Surprised the pack didn't handle the Pyrenees

I wonder if coyotes do the pack thing in other parts of the country as much as they do around here. I guess this one was in NC.

Kind of surprising that the coyote stuck around long enough for the GP to kill it. Hard to imagine the GP getting enough of a jump on it, or being fast enough to prevent escape.

Back
Top Bottom