Great Deal, Great Seller, Pistol bites it on the3rd round

Update 06/04 at the bottom

-----------------------------------
Had a great meetup last night and a great deal on a seriously new Rock Island compact 1911 in 9mm.

I badly wanted this gun and the seller is a great guy (even threw in free ammo that wasn't called for).

Really a great seller.

Took the pistol to the range today and it FTE'd on the 3rd round (not the 2nd which is significant).

Notice anything missing in the pic?

Ejector broke off after the 2nd round [crying]

They say that a new Harley isn't really yours until you've fixed or replaced something, you think it works the same for pistols [grin]

I've submitted an issue on the Armscor web site and from what I've heard they're really good about this kind of thing.

The nice thing is I'm sure I am going to really like this pistol when I get it running right.

Great deal and many thanks to the seller (MikeD), he's a good guy however this works out.

Update: 06/04

So I get the pistol back after approximately 4 weeks (as originally promised).

So excited to try this out.

But when I opened the slide I saw this:

Side shot with the slide off

Comparison to my Kimber (also compact 9mm 1911):

I talked to tech support and the guy (nice guy by the way) agreed that it just doesn't look right. He will be showing the pictures to the gunsmiths on Monday and will let me know the verdict.

Darn I would really like to shoot this thing, particularly now that I have the Kimber to shoot it against :)

BT

Last edited:
broke an NES'ers gun he was letting me try. thankfully he was able to fix it at home, but didnt stop me from feeling pretty bad about it haha

Hopefully after you fix it you won't have any problems.

Really? This long and no "Should've got a Glock"??

Heard back from Armscor, they're sending me a prepaid shipping label for a warranty repair.

Unfortunately they're saying "typically 4 weeks" for the turn-around but on the other hand doing the work as warranty and shipping it on their dime is righteous in my book.

Should be sweet when I get it back though [smile]

Looks like a internal exstracter, if I'm not mistaken its a simple fix with the correct parts,

Good luck with your new gun, parts are replaceable but nothing replaces the awesomeness of a 1911

Looks like a internal exstracter, if I'm not mistaken its a simple fix with the correct parts,

Good luck with your new gun, parts are replaceable but nothing replaces the awesomeness of a 1911

This.... Just have armscor send the part. Changing extractor is not hard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a great meetup last night and a great deal on a seriously new Rock Island compact 1911 in 9mm.

I badly wanted this gun and the seller is a great guy (even threw in free ammo that wasn't called for).

Really a great seller.

Took the pistol to the range today and it FTE'd on the 3rd round (not the 2nd which is significant).

Notice anything missing in the pic?

BT

You're holding it the wrong way. The end with the hole points away from you.

Ejector or extractor? I Cant tell by the pic.

btw this is like reason #200 for a revolver hahaha

It's the ejector that broke off. The reason for having them do it is 1) the parts availability and 2) if anything is going to break while they're in there it might as well be them doing it. 3) who knows they might decide to clean up the "action" a little while they're in there [smile]

Back
Top Bottom