• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Great article

Excellent story. Thanks for sharing. He took a big risk shooting an unarmed assailant. Fortunately, there were witnesses to back up his account of the assailant's deranged behavior. I don't know if he would have fared as well in MA.

Last edited:
Great story - a lot to think about. If he were here, he'd be in deep doo-doo. I am surprised he shot the man in the thigh, but I guess you'd have to be in his shoes....

He was watching his hands and he said once the BG's hand went to his pocket he decided to fire. He was probably looking at his pockets when he pulled the trigger which is close to where the round ended up.

He's lucky. Shooting someone in the thigh and allowing them to reach you is bad ju ju. If you need to shoot, shoot center mass.

He was watching his hands and he said once the BG's hand went to his pocket he decided to fire. He was probably looking at his pockets when he pulled the trigger which is close to where the round ended up.

Yeah, I can almost picture that, but I'm still wondering why he wasn't pointing center mass. Sounds like he was trying to cut the guy a break, but still managed to let him get to him....

Good story, but can this guy still lose his shirt in a civil trial?

It could have been the most righteous shoot in the modern history of mankind, with the local Chief of Police, Gandhi and the Pope himself as witnesses and high-def video recording the whole thing and he could still lose his shirt in a civil trial.

unfortunately he can still loose in a civil suit....glad it wasnt here in ma....thanks for the link to the storey

Back
Top Bottom