Great article defending the 2nd amendment in Forbes

Wow. I've been trying to find a way to explain this to my friends. This is fantastic!

After reading over 25-30 of these "comments" and "opinions", this is by far the best I've read and gets to the real heart of the matter.....just say'n

Wow. I've been trying to find a way to explain this to my friends. This is fantastic!

Awesome article.....share it with everyone you know in every outlet.

I was going to share this on facebook, but it has too many big words for most facebook users, and is much to long of a read for their attention spans

That article is racist. Isn't Forbes a magazine for rich white men?

Seriously though, excellent article. Unfortunately the anti response to that article will simply be "Yeah, but why does anyone need assault rifles?", clearly demonstrating the anti's lack of reading comprehension.

steve forbes is a strong supporter of the 2nd, as was his late father malcom

Could be, or are they just trying to come across as being unbiased....

Newtown's New Reality: Using Liability Insurance to Reduce Gun Deaths

We are all mourning now. Children should not be murdered in their classrooms. They shouldn’t be afraid that their teacher will be shot, as my 12-year-old daughter worries. Schools should not become armed camps.

Many of the low-hanging fruit approaches seem like no-brainers: Ban assault weapons, gun-show sales, multiple-ammo clips and require longer, more stringent background checks.

For the record: I’m not of the mind that every gun-owner is a threat to society nor should we restrict gun use for hunters, collectors and target shooters. My father owns guns, I have shot guns many times, have known people who were murdered by guns and witnessed a police shooting in 1981.

But I don’t think a widespread seizure of some 300 million American weapons will ever work. In fact, just mention “gun control,” and the very phrase shuts down conversation and invokes the vague rights and curse of the second amendment. Challenges to the constitution would never make it through the Roberts court, anyway.

What we can do is to look at gun sales through the lens of social economics.

Market-based risk pricing is the partial answer. Let’s agree that guns as weapons are inherently dangerous to society and owners should bear the risk and true social costs. Translation: Require both owners and sellers to purchase liability insurance that is universally underwritten by actuaries according to relative risk.

Given that gun violence, which kills more than 30,000 Americans annually, is harmful not only to our well being, but our economy, we should use economic disincentives to regulate its use.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwas...ing-liability-insurance-to-reduce-gun-deaths/

Could be, or are they just trying to come across as being unbiased....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwas...ing-liability-insurance-to-reduce-gun-deaths/

Wow. I assume this Asshat has a plan for making sure felons and criminally insane pay their share into this insurance system.

I'm not up on my 1A insurance pricing structure. Do you get a discount if you have a weak vocabulary?

ETA: By "Asshat" I am of course referring to the author of that article, not LoginName [grin].

The Forbes piece is good, but the author assumes that repealing the 2nd Amendment would nullify the right. This is a very dangerous idea and is most certainly NOT the case, as the right existed before the 2A was written. You have to be mighty careful as to whom you choose to follow regarding our basic, Natural Rights. Repeal of the 2nd Amendment would mean nothing more than the Federal System would be issuing notice that they are no longer interested in safeguarding your right to keep and bear arms, not that they ever have. They are in fact, the chief antagonist when it comes to attacking our liberties. As I commented on Sipsey Street Irregulars, they can repeal whatever they damn well want, my rights remain valid. Good notes here:

http://tenthamendmentcenter.com/201...second-amendment-would-not-abolish-any-right/

Jay@ ArmsTec

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom