• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gransfors Bruk

So got the axe and wasn't very happy with it. It wasn't seated very deep, the top was cracked all around by the wedge, the bottom opening of the head came to a sharp (cracked) twisted point at the front, and the back by the poll looked like it had a fold mark from a piss poor forging job. Exhchanged it and the new one is great, none of those issues. Looks much closer to the ones I've seen reviews on online. Will take pics soon but seems super comfortable.

Could have been the proverbial Friday build if you know what that means. Happens in a lot of manufacturing companies when the quality takes a nose dive after a hard Thursday night (thirsty Thursday) of partying...

So got the axe and wasn't very happy with it. It wasn't seated very deep, the top was cracked all around by the wedge, the bottom opening of the head came to a sharp (cracked) twisted point at the front, and the back by the poll looked like it had a fold mark from a piss poor forging job. Exhchanged it and the new one is great, none of those issues. Looks much closer to the ones I've seen reviews on online. Will take pics soon but seems super comfortable.

Pics?

Feels really nice in the hand. Giving it a few coats of oil then putting her to work on Sunday.
IMG_20200221_154553.jpg
Also got a Husqvarna hatchet. Head was crooked and handle had a little surface cracking, more than I wanted to sand, so getting at least another one of those too.

So...got the sfa and I'm not sure I should keep it. 20200225_091014.jpg 20200225_091025.jpg 20200225_091123.jpg 20200225_091005.jpg
The grind is longer on the left side of the head than it is on the right. This gives the appearance of the head bowing to the right when held upright. However, when flipped around with handle facing me the head appears to bow in the other direction. Thoughts?

Just checked mine, perfectly even. Unless you got a helluva deal, I’d send back.

It went back this morning. Ll bean had the best price...they are good about returns so I'll give them 3 strikes before I abandon buying the axe from them.

Yeah, absolutely send it back if not 100% happy. That's what I did paying these prices for these things. LL Bean should be pretty good with customer service. I like buying through REI as you can try things for a year to see if you are happy.

Back
Top Bottom