Granby Bow and gun has won their court case

It was a mail in application with check(s) and you were in. That may have changed. However as a member you are limited to the lower range (300 yards) until you can pass the LRO ( long range orientation) a combination of reviewing your gear and dope and then showing you can hit the target ( or get close) out to distance.

I’m sure the officers at Granby are going to have to re establish protocols for use of long distance range and qualification process for it. It use to be some days/ times we’re reserved for lower range, others for upper range ( long distance range).

Reading the court decision above town has 30 days to lift cease and desist orders.
Wondering if the town will double down on stupid and appeal? Hopefully there is no easy avenue to appeal

If anyone is interested there is a piece of land for sale directly across the street from the club and it would be a great place for someone who wants privacy and the ability to walk to a gun club. The other side of the street is a swamp area so no one can build there.

If anyone is interested there is a piece of land for sale directly across the street from the club and it would be a great place for someone who wants privacy and the ability to walk to a gun club. The other side of the street is a swamp area so no one can build there.
Hey, that reminds me. Wasn't there some allegation of corruption against the Granby Zone Board of Appeals? Something to the effect that: there was a developper trying to build a bunch of homes right next to the club, he/she drummed up local hysteria against the club, "won" the ZBA case against the club, then turned around and gave the real estate listing for the homes to the daughter of one of the ZBA's members? Someone help me out here . ..

Build a tower 500 yards away so people can shoot into the 1000 yard range, making it a 1500 yards range. Winning.

Hey, that reminds me. Wasn't there some allegation of corruption against the Granby Zone Board of Appeals? Something to the effect that: there was a developper trying to build a bunch of homes right next to the club, he/she drummed up local hysteria against the club, "won" the ZBA case against the club, then turned around and gave the real estate listing for the homes to the daughter of one of the ZBA's members? Someone help me out here . ..

There was some rumor along that line ...

If you had attended or watched the taped meetings, something was off. Their attorney was rolling his eyes at times.

I assume that the board needs to meet to reverse their ruling at some point. I wouldn't mind attending simply to give them the stink eye.

Last edited:
I was not competing in the match. I went to check it out because it's something I'm looking to get into someday and was just observing what guys were shooting and so on. I did see guys with their game changers and rear bags but I'm not sure about your specific question. Sorry

Im looking to join a long range club and was ready to join Alderbrook, but Granby is closer to me. Im sure Granby could greatly use the membership support. The have been fighting a long battle for sure.

what were the rules there - for that shot below, was a restbag under stock allowed, or not?

View attachment 618061
Match directors mix things up to keep the challenge in stages. I have shot a stage at Granby off the spool like that and front bipod and rear bag was ok, and two of the three targets were like 785 and 960 yards. The next time a match director could opt to have closer ( and or smaller) targets and allow only either bipod or a single bag, but likely not. on match day when you get the course of fire you find out what the stages will be and if there are any equipment limitations but I would say that typically the choice is yours on what equipment to use. The obstacle and detail of the stage and how YOU decide best way to approach it usually determines choice of accessories. I mainly use a game changer bag, sometimes with the bipod. Personally I avoided adding a pump pillow to my kit until I shot a few stages and dropped 3-4 points per stage where a pump pillow would have helped. But adding the pump pillow chews up more time in getting into a stable position, so I debate if the stability increase is worth time lost on a particular stage. For my old creaky body I sometimes choose going for two slow hits rather than three faster shots (and maybe getting only one or no hits). So sometimes the pump pillow is worth it for me, and by practice using the pump pillow (and carrying it by a single point sling)I got faster with it. A younger stronger more flexible shooter could make different choices. That’s part of the fun of the game.

Pics from the PRS match on April 30. I tried to upload the vid but file too big.
Hmm I’m in three of those pictures lol
what were the rules there - for that shot below, was a restbag under stock allowed, or not?

View attachment 618061
This was the 1000 yard stage. You could use any means of support as long as you started with it in your hands and had to engage targets off the spool. 5 targets from 925ish-995 I beleive. Walk out one shot each and than walk it back in. I didn’t hit any 😂

It was pretty gusty and combined with the heavy mirage I was having a hard time seeing trace or impacts. After the stage the spotter said I was about a tenth off on wind hold and just missing off the edge.

Back
Top Bottom