• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Grain Mill Recommendation

1649418608577.png Grain Maker 99. I bought mine back when they were a little over $300.00 They are more than double that now but it will last forever and can be handed down as a family heirloom.

1649419265095.png Its closest competitor is the Country Living Grain Mill @ $579.00 now.

The good ones and great ones are all expensive now but if you want quality, these are the two leaders.

View attachment 600856 Grain Maker 99. I bought mine back when they were a little over $300.00 They are more than double that now but it will last forever and can be handed down as a family heirloom.

View attachment 600859 Its closest competitor is the Country Living Grain Mill @ $579.00 now.

The good ones and great ones are all expensive now but if you want quality, these are the two leaders.

Probably more that I want to spend for a backup. But if I did then I would spend the extra $100 for the Grain Maker.

51jjjDx-eTL._AC_SX466_.jpg

I see old antique corn shellers around here periodically. Most people buy them as a country kitchen decoration.
It looks very fast and spits the cob out a chute. If I grew corn, (no longer on my diet) I would want one to process it.

It looks very fast and spits the cob out a chute. If I grew corn, (no longer on my diet) I would want one to process it.

Ye, they're fast, but when you're looking at a few hundred or several thousand bushels to shell, it's like taking a car completely apart using a wrench and only getting 1/8th of a turn at a time on each bolt.[smile]

Here's how it's done now.

View: https://youtu.be/RNNtjhQIAjU

Back
Top Bottom