Graduation Gift 1911

Greg Derr

Gun Smith
Dealer
NES Member
fWKcdOm.jpg

DPGwD3r.jpg

BaIxGvY.jpg

New Colt Series 70 Fit with a Kart NM barrel and EGW bushing. EGW beavertail grip safety. Chen Max Bevel MSH and frontstrap at 25 lpi. Heinie front and rear sight with a flat topped, arrow pattern, serrated slide. Ball cuts and bottom bevel. Monogramed for Ryan M. by Dave Clevinger. Tripp Cobra mags and a custom case finish it off. This is a gift for a recent grad from his dad. Nice dad.

Nice looking gun. Wish I had a dad that nice, or at all.

The lacrosse equipment seems like an odd backdrop, even if his son was a player... at BC High...
Kind of reminds me of this.
Parrot-and-AK47.jpeg

Random.

Another beaut.

Curious how much assistance/guidance you give to customers. For example, a customer says s/he wants X, Y, and Z. Would you step in and say that X and Z would look terrible together or not be mechanically compatible?

Another beaut.

Curious how much assistance/guidance you give to customers. For example, a customer says s/he wants X, Y, and Z. Would you step in and say that X and Z would look terrible together or not be mechanically compatible?

Great question. We try to work with clients ideas as much as we can, but we do provide guidance . Some clients are very particular in the details and some leave the entire project to us. We do of course like perimeters as to caliber and finish as well as trigger size. We like to treat every client the way we would want to be treated. The guns are usually once in a lifetime projects so we really try to get things the way clients want them.

Is that a factory finish? It that light it almost looks like black chrome. Looks stainless, but blued as well. Trick photography. Looks too nice to shoot!

fWKcdOm.jpg

DPGwD3r.jpg

BaIxGvY.jpg

New Colt Series 70 Fit with a Kart NM barrel and EGW bushing. EGW beavertail grip safety. Chen Max Bevel MSH and frontstrap at 25 lpi. Heinie front and rear sight with a flat topped, arrow pattern, serrated slide. Ball cuts and bottom bevel. Monogramed for Ryan M. by Dave Clevinger. Tripp Cobra mags and a custom case finish it off. This is a gift for a recent grad from his dad. Nice dad.

Spectacular. It really is the subtle details that make a huge difference. I love the beveled mainspring housing and the bevel on the slide bottom. The contrast between the brushed and polished stainless give it almost a museum quality appearance.
And with a match barrel, I bet it is a tack driver. Maybe I am crazy, but I would carry that piece every day I could. I know most people would leave it in it's case, in the gun safe, unfired, to protect it's value, but I think it would almost be a sin to lock it away.

Kudos to the Dad. Some kids get a car or something for graduation, and it's cool for a few years. But that is an heirloom. I can almost picture a kid sitting with Granddad asking if he can see "the gun."
Very well done Mr. Derr. You are truly a master of your kraft.

Back
Top Bottom