• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

grace period

garyz

NES Member
I just renewed my gun license today, and was told it would take about 4 weeks to get the new one. the officer told me that there was a 90 grace period to cover the time between when my current license expires till I get the new one. now i don't doubt the police, but? last I heard the revoked the grace period. any body else here that they reinstated it

thx
garyz

You were given the right information. the 90 days was put back.

Excerpt from MGL CHP 140 s 131 paragraph (i)
(i) A license to carry or possess firearms shall be valid, unless revoked or suspended, for a period of not more than 6 years from the date of issue and shall expire on the anniversary of the licensee’s date of birth occurring not less than 5 years but not more than 6 years from the date of issue, except that if the licensee applied for renewal before the license expired, the license shall remain valid for a period of 90 days beyond the stated expiration date on the license, unless the application for renewal is denied.

Yeah, it was put back. It was one of the skimpy bones the elite threw at us, with the additional 2 years on the licenses to make us happy. And before anyone jumps on me for sounding snotty, I'm not taking shots at GOAL for the work they've done. I'm being sarcastic about our "beloved" elected officials. "Oh thank you for giving us back something that we already had before you took away."

Lynne said:
Yeah, it was put back. It was one of the skimpy bones the elite threw at us, with the additional 2 years on the licenses to make us happy.

Don't forget the FLRB, which was created by the same legislation. There are MANY people who can own guns in this state again because of that.

Scrivener said:
Don't forget the FLRB, which was created by the same legislation. There are MANY people who can own guns in this state again because of that.

<slaps forehead> Silly me. How could I forget about the board? After all, it was the ELITE'S stupid laws (Chapt 180) that created so many of the folks who needed a board like that. Sorry Keith - that doesn't score a lot of points with me.

Back
Top Bottom