Grabbed a few German rigs

Happened into the store on my way home today and a nice German handgun collection had just come in. Picked up a nazi marked commercial Mauser hsc. A nazi marked unique 17 (one line of markings with a 28xxx serial) and a east German makarov. All three came with the holsters and extra mags. Best part was all of them for under $1000. They also had a Walther pp rig and CYQ p38 rig, both for cheap. Just wanted to share some pictures. Let me know what you guys think!

I have another hsc. A nazi marked rig that I picked up at cabelas of all places. That pistol is a 1944 army marked one. Still haven't shot it. Here's a quick one I snapped of all the bring back German hand guns I currently own.

I used to carry my HSc alternating with my M14 Mauser, until I got my M35 and later M34 Beretta which is now my go to piece.

T

Picture is a little dated; does not have my 1936 M34 Beretta, 1906 M95 Nagant, 1943 M05 S/W Victory, or the 1910 M07 Dreyse. Looks like you're up a CZ38 and a Unique on me.

Last edited:
You got the Mak for free! Nice pick up. I love the little 32s and 25's. I see you also have the CZ 27, CZ24 and the Dreyse 1907. Majspud's look good too. Nice collection guys.

Nazi marked items are not wanted! The Nazi is looked down as an ultimate looser in our history as a culture.

The pathetic nazi not only lost every thing they started but could not even torture children and woman and get away with that cruelty.

a09598e9600d486f_Nazi_tapes.jpg

Savage99. This is a milsurp firearms collector's group. I think you are looking for the politically correct and emotionally dependent group for your post. I cannot speak for all the collectors here, but I can emotionally separate the evil of the Nazies from the guns they made. I also think it is important to preserve the physical historical evidence of their existence for future generations. Please do not equate the ownership of nazi marked historical guns with the glorification of the Nazies. That would be a childish comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nazi marked items are not wanted! The Nazi is looked down as an ultimate looser in our history as a culture.

The pathetic nazi not only lost every thing they started but could not even torture children and woman and get away with that cruelty.

a09598e9600d486f_Nazi_tapes.jpg

I hate the nazis for what they did and what they stood for. I look at it as its a piece of history from a time frame that none of us would ever want to happen again. Also the GI's who brought them back procured them somehow. The prize of the collection is the 1920 dwm luger (all matching) with a unit marking of p.FR. this came back with my grandfather and was passed down to me. From what I can gather the unit markings are for the Frankenstein police academy.

Savage99. This is a milsurp firearms collector's group. I think you are looking for the politically correct and emotionally dependent group for your post. I cannot speak for all the collectors here, but I can emotionally separate the evil of the Nazies from the guns they made. I also think it is important to preserve the physical historical evidence of their existence for future generations. Please do not equate the ownership of nazi marked historical guns with the glorification if the Nazies. That would be a childish comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summed it up nicely.

Any further posts crapping up this thread will be deleted.

Carry on with historical military surplus firearms collecting discussion. ;)

I was in an antique vehicle show with my 1943 BMW R75 Combo. It was dressed in desert tan with insignia, (nothing politically incorrect though). A young boy approached me after standing with his mother and said, "so this is a Nazi bike?". I corrected him in a soft spoken voice and said, "no this is a German bike". The look of confusion on his face was priceless as I looked at the mother who obviously filled his head with false information.
[banghead]

Nice job OP. Damn good deal you got there. The East German Makarov is my carry gun in the warm months. They are very well made, reliable, and tough-as-nails guns.

i'm actually AMAZED that you guys carry these firearms. i love my antiques, but i'm not sure i've ever thought of using one for EDC. they're really THAT reliable?

this isn't in anyway sarcasm...strange, i know.

i guess it makes sense that they're probably of better quality than a lot of the off the shelf firearms you can buy today...i would just never expect someone to carry one, just for the sake of possibly damaging the historic artifact.

i'm actually AMAZED that you guys carry these firearms. i love my antiques, but i'm not sure i've ever thought of using one for EDC. they're really THAT reliable?

this isn't in anyway sarcasm...strange, i know.

i guess it makes sense that they're probably of better quality than a lot of the off the shelf firearms you can buy today...i would just never expect someone to carry one, just for the sake of possibly damaging the historic artifact.

They are Curio and Relic guns, not antique. [grin]

The East German Makarov is widely regarded as the best quality of the four countries that made them (Russia, East Germany, Bulgaria and China). They are all built like tanks and are accurate, simple, reliable and all parts will interchange between all guns of the 4 different countries. (There are Khyber Pass Makarovs made in Afghanistan but those are hit or miss on quality and you never know what type of quality went into building them. Probably not the greatest.) The EG's have the nicest fit and finish, though an original Russian military would be a close second. There are other guns chambered in 9x18 Makarov that some people call "Makarovs" but they are not the same gun as the original Russian design of Nikolai Makarov in the early 1950's. There is the Polish P64 which is pretty much the same size as a Walther PPK. I have one and I shoot it occasionally but it's not as comfortable to shoot nor as user friendly as a true Makarov. There is the Czech CZ82/83 which is a double stack gun holding 12 rounds. I used to have a few of those but sold them off because I prefer the slimmer design of the Makarov. There is the Hungarian line of 9x18 guns such as the PA63 which has an alloy frame and is pretty snappy to shoot due to the light weight. Those are closer in design, internally, to the Walther PP series guns than any other 9x18-chambered guns.

I've owned four East German Maks and one Bulgarian. I've fired a LOT of rounds through them and don't recall ever having one problem besides with a batch of Silver Bear hollowpoints that had tons of oxidation on each round. More than a few FTF's with those, so I shot them all up and wouldn't bother buying anymore. Regular Silver Bear FMJ rounds work nicely though and I have a couple thousand of those. They are the generally the cheapest 9x18 round you can find right now. I carry Hornady XTP's in my EG and have put about 100 rounds of that ammo through it just to make sure it runs reliably with those rounds. It does. The 9x18 round is somewhere between .380 and 9x19 on the "stopping power" scale, though probably closer to the .380 side. Hey it was good enough for the KGB right? ;)

The only Maks I have left now are two EG's, one of which is all original and in beautiful shape, the other has a lot of finish wear from me carrying it since 2008, and I had a set of Novak sights installed on it last year. The original tiny sights are not the best for a self defense handgun, so really should be upgraded if it'll be carried often.

As far as damaging the historic value of old guns like these, I'm not too worried about it with my carry Makarov. It will be on my side during warmer months for as long as I'm able to carry a firearm, and I don't ever plan on selling it. My original pristine one gets babied and cleaned after every range session. That one I do want to keep nice for the collector value.

Here is my summer carry East German...
eg 001.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom