• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GQ Article; When you give a Teacher a Gun

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
"In December 2012, a week after Adam Lanza murdered 26 people in five minutes at Sandy Hook Elementary, the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre offered a solution: “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” he declared, calling for the provision of “armed police officers” at every school in America. Last February, the president of the United States went a step further: Schools should arm “highly trained, gun-adept” teachers, said Trump, and pay them bonuses for their troubles."

Trying to blame Trump for this idea. Unfortunately, anyone who has been in the debate for any length of time should know that the idea of arming teachers predates Trump by many years.

Hetzer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
How about the scale of the shield in that holster compared to the teacher. Is she 3'7"?

That's so true, I hadn't even zoomed in enough to look at the grip, I was thinking I saw the impression of a revolver cylinder in the leather.

And the happy face is on an AR15 sling! WTF?

What else, an ankle holster and Birkenstocks?

Yeehaa!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That's so true, I hadn't even zoomed in enough to look at the grip, I was thinking I saw the impression of a revolver cylinder in the leather.

And the happy face is on an AR15 sling! WTF?

What else, an ankle holster and Birkenstocks?

Yeehaa!
Artist is clearly biased.
Screenshot_20190109-214858_Firefox.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His organization, the Buckeye Firearms Association, is a miniature, Ohio-bound clone of the NRA: Its component organizations—organized by tax-exempt status—lobby in Columbus, give to like-minded political candidates, litigate tirelessly against state intrusions on Second Amendment rights, and put on classes like this one.

He is frustrated by how flippantly the media discusses the practice of “arming teachers,” as if it means that everyone gets a pistol along with their annual allotment of dry-erase markers. “People think you get a permit and then just take a gun inside,” Tom says. A few heads nod. Most of them are from smaller, rural districts. Everyone is white. “I would never do that.”

It's GQ so a slant towards the usual 'ZOMG, guns are bad!' is not to be expected. I read the article a few times. These were the only two spots that really stuck out to me as unnecessary.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
"In December 2012, a week after Adam Lanza murdered 26 people in five minutes at Sandy Hook Elementary, the National Rifle Association’s Wayne LaPierre offered a solution: “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,” he declared, calling for the provision of “armed police officers” at every school in America. Last February, the president of the United States went a step further: Schools should arm “highly trained, gun-adept” teachers, said Trump, and pay them bonuses for their troubles."

Trying to blame Trump for this idea. Unfortunately, anyone who has been in the debate for any length of time should know that the idea of arming teachers predates Trump by many years.

Yeah. It predates Trump by about FIVE F'ING THOUSAND YEARS, ya liberal morons!

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Artist is clearly biased.
View attachment 263378

A more accurate portrayal would look more like this:

johnson-169hero-effectivelearn-shutterstock_1.jpg

(random picture of "teacher in classroom" - no idea if she's actually carrying - which is sorta the point of carrying concealed...)

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Wasn't there a movie about 15-20 years ago with a main character with a chest rig like that??? I wanna say it was totally over-the-top and he kept futzing with it. Maybe a huge Ruger-like wheel gun in it????

MaverickNH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That *was* a pretty decent article. No direct lies, no deceptions by omission of facts. The author could not have been a true Liberal just doing research - they can’t help but let their bias slip through in “coded” journalism - ways to state opposing facts and opinions as though suggesting they are certainly wrong. In fact, journalists all essentially required to display anti-gun bias in very liberal media (WaPo, NYT, etc.) to keep their Editors happy and keep their jobs.

Last Spring, the polls showed “a majority” opposed to armed teachers but the numbers wereclose - 43% for and 48% against. Washington Post reacted to this survey with the headline: “A frighteningly large number of Americans support arming teachers.” Again, it’s Liberals being incredulous that *everyone* doesn’t share their views - the correct view.

After Parkland, the margin of teachers opposing armed teachers was about 3.5-to-1 against, but the almost 1/4 of teachers who support armed teachers are the seeds of change. More school shootings will not decrease the number of teachers who support armed teachers - that number can only increase. Probably never above 1/3, as teachers are the left side of Liberal and can exhibit more denial than most others. Support for armed teachers comes in many ways - teachers simply not speaking out against armed teachers is enough to turn the tide. So many Liberals/Democrats are consumed by Trump-hate that they think getting rid of him will actually solve problems that pre-dated him by decades. School Killers will not go away if Trump goes away in 2020.

NEA Survey: Educators Say No to Arming Teachers, Favor Real Solutions to Gun Violence
“...seven in ten NEA [Nat’l Ed Assoc] members say arming school personnel would be ineffective at preventing gun violence in schools. Among all members, 82% say they would not carry a gun in school. Even among members who own guns, two thirds—63%—say they would not agree to be armed in school. What’s more, two-thirds of educators say they would feel less safe if school personnel were armed....”The idea of arming teachers is ill-conceived, preposterous, and dangerous,” said NEA President Lily Eskelsen García. “This new national survey of educators confirms that. Arming teachers and other school personnel does nothing to prevent gun violence. In fact, quite the contrary, educators would feel less safe if school personnel were armed.”

The NEA president says the poll “confirms” arming teachers would do nothing - as though opinions determine facts. This is the head-in-the-sand, I-just-want-it-to-go-away mentality that impedes effective action to protect our children.

Last edited:
Top Bottom