GP100 match champion

This has been discussed very recently if you search for 'GP100 Match'. If I wasn't on a mobile device I would link a couple. Some MA FFLs were noted to have them in stock as well.

There are out there and good to go. I have mine and love it! Really great shooter and IMHO a beautiful looking wheel gun.

One of the vendors at the Barre gun show a few weeks ago had a brand new one for $650. Had I not just bought a 10/22 when I saw it, I would have nabbed it.

figured worth reviving this thread.

I'm really a fan of this match champion revolver. it offers fantastic features and trigger work at far less $$ than any S&W. the chamfering, dehorning and tapering of cylinder are quite nice. This may finally tip me over the edge to sell my 686+.

the wood grips are pretty but i'm a fan of the hogue rubber monogrip with the standard GP100 so I had to make this swap.

what are others' experiences w the match champion? i'm guessing i'm not the only weirdo out there impressed by this wheel gun.

I like it except for the big 'MATCH CHAMPION' engraving on the side of the barrel. For whatever reason, that may be a deal-breaker when it's time for my wheelgun. Currently leaning toward S&W SSR, or 686+ Pro Series w/ 5".

I handled the GP 100 last week at a shop. It didn't feel as good as a 686. For some reason the cylinder and yoke felt "looser" to me than a smith and the cylinder didn't seem to lock up as tight as most smiths I have fired or handled. Just my 2 cents and I have't shot the Ruger so I guess it's not a truly fair comparison. The trigger was nice though.

If you want to shoot magnun loads regularly I'd want the durability of the Ruger. Just my $0.02.

I like it except for the big 'MATCH CHAMPION' engraving on the side of the barrel. For whatever reason, that may be a deal-breaker when it's time for my wheelgun. Currently leaning toward S&W SSR, or 686+ Pro Series w/ 5".

Agree the "match champion" is mega hokey. Might as well write "bullesye master" while we're at it. Somehow ruger always manages to kill my gun libido with their corny shit.

figured worth reviving this thread.

I'm really a fan of this match champion revolver. it offers fantastic features and trigger work at far less $$ than any S&W. the chamfering, dehorning and tapering of cylinder are quite nice. This may finally tip me over the edge to sell my 686+.

the wood grips are pretty but i'm a fan of the hogue rubber monogrip with the standard GP100 so I had to make this swap.

what are others' experiences w the match champion? i'm guessing i'm not the only weirdo out there impressed by this wheel gun.

Nope, not the only weirdo! By far my favorite wheel gun and will be my next purchase if I find one. I also agree with you on the grips. I also prefer the Hogue.

This gun is Mass OK per Rugers website. Not sure where your from but, Old Glory Guns & Ammo in Mason NH has 2 of them. Price is $795.00

Anyone know of any shops on Ma that carry them?

I thought four seasons was selling these?

OP...not sure if you're still looking but Four Seasons just sent out an email saying they have them available.

rugergp_122.jpg

Nice. You keeping all of that 357 brass?
For now at least, I have stacks of boxes with 9mm, 45acp, and 38/357 brass on a counter in my bedroom. But sadly no reloading press.
Frankly I have too much of the 9/45 and would unload some boxes of brass if the price is right.

- - - Updated - - -

And they are all still dirty too with the spent primers still in them.

For now at least, I have stacks of boxes with 9mm, 45acp, and 38/357 brass on a counter in my bedroom. But sadly no reloading press.
Frankly I have too much of the 9/45 and would unload some boxes of brass if the price is right.

- - - Updated - - -

And they are all still dirty too with the spent primers still in them.

Oh okay. I got a s***ton of 9 brass although IDPA practices/matches have slowly been putting a dent into my 9mm brass stock. I'm too tired/lazy after practice/match to pick up my brass usually [laugh].

But if you ever want to unload some 357 brass, PM me. I'll pay fair market prices for the brass.

Back
Top Bottom