**Governor Patrick Files New Gun Control Legislation**

Guys, you really have no idea how much of a whack job he and his wife are!!!! Listened to his wife speak at a function and a few of us had to laugh of some of the crap she was spewing on behalf of the devil.

This state will not have any rest UNTIL the Kennedys and Patricks are removed from political power!!!

with only one tranfer allowed per month, how can you inherit a collection of guns from a family member or friend? My poor friend's mom would have had to wait 2 years to get the guns out of her house recently.

with only one tranfer allowed per month, how can you inherit a collection of guns from a family member or friend? My poor friend's mom would have had to wait 2 years to get the guns out of her house recently.

You won't be able to , and that's their plan. You'll have to turn them over to the State for destruction.

I intend to leave over one thousand guns to my son.

OK, I was GOING to post this:

"I suspect when the State starts screwing with inheritence, they will start to hit some obstacles."

But on second thought, will they really?

I have to hand it to Patrick, this is an extremely well crafted, well thought out, bill. It has far reaching consequences into every aspect of gun sports in this state. If enacted it will, after a few well publicized felony trials, effectively stop CCW for any sort of personal protection. All you would need is for the perp to say, "he started it all with his gun" and it is off to the pokey. It will confiscate and destroy most gun collections on the death of the owner. It will eventually eliminate every gun from the state that is not approved on both lists.

And to top it all off, it was carefully timed to slip by most peoples attention. Yesterday it was off of the boston globe and boston herald website front pages.

I am not sure what we can do to stop it. If this was so well thought out and crafted, you know the legislative votes have already been negotiated. A few thousand emails from us to legislators will quickly go into the circular file. I am sure their spam filters are already programmed to catch any email with the phrase "about Gov Deval's gun bill..."

Without some sort of MASSIVE public relations operation, either from goal or nra, we are SOL.

not a peep about it on the news, either... wonder why... [rolleyes]

i was practically foaming at the mouth getting worked up over it telling my girlfriend about what was REALLY going on that was news and the shit they report on the TV as "news".

** You must call the Gov.'s office now!

* This new proposed gun law will limit your purchases and make it yrou responsibility to prove you were in the right while carrying in the event of a misdemeanor.

I called Deval's office and got right through - please call and voice your concern or its you will have to live with it.

Just sent the below email, and I got 1 non-automated response:

Evangelidis, Lewis (HOU );

David,
If this bill is ever brought to the House floor I will certainly oppose
it and work to defeat it. I wonder when folks will realize that by
placing additional restrictions on the legal-responsible gun owners it
will not readily accomplish the goal of reducing gun violence.
Have a great weekend,
Lew

Sent: Fri 5/8/2009 9:57 AM
To: [email protected]; Creem, Cynthia (SEN); Mcgee, Thomas (SEN); Tarr, Bruce (SEN); O'Flaherty, Gene - Rep. (HOU); Murphy, Charles A (HWM); Naughton, Harold (HOU ); Murphy, James M (HOU ); Peisch, Alice (HOU ); Walsh, Martin (HOU ); Curran, Sean (HOU ); Keenan, John D (HOU ); Walz, Marty (HOU ); Evangelidis, Lewis (HOU ); Webster, Daniel (HOU )
Subject: New Gun Laws

As a concerned citizen and lawful gun owner, I am outraged by Gov. Patrick's new proposed gun legislation. Massachusetts already has some of the most restrective, and anti 2nd Amendment, gun laws in the entire country. I fail to see how any of the new proposals in the legislation will actual serve to reduce gun violence. Ironically, over the last two decades as gun laws have become more restrictive and more penalizing to law-abiding citizens who own guns, gun violence has actually increased.

Please review our Constitution and Second Amendment before before seriously considering this new legislation.

David,
Have a great weekend,
Lew

I got the same exact reply, [thinking]

BCEagleAce, good response. My state senator and representative are pretty hardened gun-rights proponents. I think they're even GOAL rated "A+", but I sent them an email anyway. Doesn't hurt.

David,
Have a great weekend,
Lew

Sent: Fri 5/8/2009 9:57 AM
To: [email protected]; Creem, Cynthia (SEN); Mcgee, Thomas (SEN); Tarr, Bruce (SEN); O'Flaherty, Gene - Rep. (HOU); Murphy, Charles A (HWM); Naughton, Harold (HOU ); Murphy, James M (HOU ); Peisch, Alice (HOU ); Walsh, Martin (HOU ); Curran, Sean (HOU ); Keenan, John D (HOU ); Walz, Marty (HOU ); Evangelidis, Lewis (HOU ); Webster, Daniel (HOU )
Subject: New Gun Laws

As a concerned citizen and lawful gun owner, I am outraged by Gov. Patrick's new proposed gun legislation. Massachusetts already has some of the most restrective, and anti 2nd Amendment, gun laws in the entire country. I fail to see how any of the new proposals in the legislation will actual serve to reduce gun violence. Ironically, over the last two decades as gun laws have become more restrictive and more penalizing to law-abiding citizens who own guns, gun violence has actually increased.

Please review our Constitution and Second Amendment before before seriously considering this new legislation.

I got the same response from him. So it's a bit of a form letter but certainly has the right message.

If you want to email people on the judiciary committee:
First group is comma seperated.
Second group is seperated by semi-colons.

Thanks for doing this. But it's "[email protected]" not "teven".

Here's mine (similar to the one I sent to my senator/rep):

On Wednesday, May 06, 2009, Governor Patrick filed H.4102, “An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence” but perhaps should have been more appropriately titled "An Act to Harass Law-Abiding Firearm Owners".

Clearly, the Patrick regime is in no way committed to crime control, as this is totally incompatible with gun control. The Gun Owners' Action League (www.GOAL.org) has described this as simply a “failed social experiment within the Commonwealth”. Predictably, Mayor Menino, a long time enemy of private gun ownership, has endorsed Patrick's attempt to harass peaceable and lawful gun owners. Only the morally bankrupt Patrick and Menino regimes would lead us to believe that more disastrous “gun control” legislation is the solution -- our Constitutional right to keep and bear arms be damned! Gun laws only hamstring peaceable and licensed gun owners because criminals, by definition, do not obey the law.

If the Patrick regime truly believes that regulating firearm purchases to only one per month to ebb straw purchases, why stop at only one a month? Why not one a year? Or perhaps, one every 10 years? Of course, selling a firearm to an unlicensed individual is already an existing crime that rightfully includes prison time for those convicted. What's more, is this nonsensical plan would also require that private gun sales be overseen by a licensed gun dealer. Yet, privately acquired firearms are already required to be registered using the state's FA-10 form.

Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley was quoted in the Boston Globe that 350 people have been murdered (by guns) in Boston since he took office in 2002. In nearly all of those cases, the killers used unregistered, illegal firearms. Conley continued, “Of all the grieving families that I've met ... not one has ever suggested we target law-abiding gun owners.” As you probably are already aware, our neighbors to the north, Vermont and New Hampshire, have some of the most lax gun control laws in the United States. It's not a coincidence that they are among the few that enjoy little to no violent crime.

The gall and utter contempt for our Constitutionally-protected civil liberties on behalf of the Patrick regime is telling of the tyrannical nature of his despotic administration and is most deserving of our strict resistance.

I implore you to defeat this measure and urge your colleagues to oppose this proposal as well.

Regards,
Michael XXX
(XXX, MA)

Just thinking, what happens if you buy a gun, and it's defective, or you get cold feet and return it to where you purchased it.

If you end up buying a second gun the same day as a replacement, you're technically on the hook. Christ, this is really an evil piece of "legislation".

Just thinking, what happens if you buy a gun, and it's defective, or you get cold feet and return it to where you purchased it.

If you end up buying a second gun the same day as a replacement, you're technically on the hook. Christ, this is really an evil piece of "legislation".

That my friend is the one law that no one ever reviews, it's the law of unintended consequences.

Then again, with Deval who knows, could be his part of his plan all along, make being a fire arm owner as onerous as possible, make it so that owning a license means you can be made a criminal on a whim.

I called. What a waste of time. I asked her how this bill was supposed stop gun deaths and she couldn't tell me. I said to her, how is it that WBZ says that guns are retailing on streets for $150 and I can't get one for less than $400. Why would I sell my gun on the streets for a 300% loss? Speechless.
I am ready to go postal.[jihad]

Chances are the dealer would "queue" the transaction and make you wait whatever the interval required to pick up another gun is, unless there was some sort of exemption for that sort of thing, but I doubt there would be.

Depends on how poorly the idea is implemented. I have no doubt that MA would make it easy for the gun owner to unintentionally break the law, as this law is clearly designed to punish gun owners in every way they can think of. [puke]

-Mike

First Letter to the State............

Well typicaly, I try to not get too involved in politics, and I don't generaly care to speak to any elected officials out side of my town. But my first letter to the state went like this,[thinking]

Critique away, thank god for spell check:

To the honorable Judicuary Commity members,

My name is XXXXXXXXXX, I live in XXXXXX Ma. I want to thank each of you in advance for taking the time to read the following letter, and will try to keep this as breif as possible, where I know your time is valuable.

Several days ago, our Govenor, Mr. Patrick rolled out a new piece of legislation for consideration he would like to have made into law here in Massachusetts. In my humble opinion, this legislation he is having considered by you is not effective, nor is it going to help reduce violence with regards to criminals having guns, or violent crime in general. It simply places more restrictions on those of us, who are law abiding, and rightful owners of firearms. We, who either collect firearms, as a hobby, hunt for sport and food, carry on family traditions as father/mother and son/daughter target shooting, where this has been happening since cave man days, starting with the spear and to today with .22lr rifles and pistols. Then you have those who have them for self defense, against those who, could care less about any law or regulation you pass. If you restrict lawful use of firearms into oblivian, as it is becoming in Massachusetts, then you, our legislators, our state government, are handing us over to the criminals willingly like lambs to the slaughter, you will have handed us over to be hurt, raped, harrassed, and murdered.We will have no recourse but to sucumb to a criminal eventually. The police officers in this state, are overwhelmed, and with the current economic crisis, are severly understaffed. My city alone is understaffed in just officers by at least 25%. They do work hard, and I am very proud of my police department, considering all the cuts they have had to endure over the years, and all the activity they are faced with daily, between the drug dealers, domestic violence, prostitutes, and other felonies that happen. I cringe at the thought, that the people we elected to office, and trust to do the right thing for the people, to use common sense when creating laws and regulations, are willing to put not only my life and that of my family, but the lives of their own families in the hands of those who are willing to hurt,rape, and kill, just to ride a political wave, or get re-elected, or because they fear what they do not fully comprehend.

I don't want to come off preachy, but this legislation Mr. Patrick is proposing, is nothing more than more restrictions on top of some of the most oppresive laws already created. After you meet the criteria for the MGL's, then you also need to meet the criteria for the Massachusetts Attorney Generals regulations. You see Massachusetts has some of the most convaluted and diffucult to understand firearms laws and regulations in the country. Some laws even contradict each other, if you read them in their entire text, and in literal form, no matter what you are doing you are breaking the law. We need to enforce the several dozen laws we have on the books already, with regards to criminals and illegal firearms. We also need to go back, and change the laws we have for lawful gun owners so they will have the laws and tools to be able to help stave off crime against themselves, so they can protect the ones we care so deeply for. Their is an old motto out their, and it is sad, but so true " Remeber, when every second counts, the police are 15 min away." Yes, in most cases, that is the average responce time, and that is not the officers fault.

If you will, please don't vote in favor of this legislation, it only hurts those of us who try so hard to do the right thing everyday, it hurts you, and your family as well. All of the legislation that gets passed, against lawful firearms use and ownership, always has the undertone, and sometimes like the Attorney Generals rediculous regulations, " Do it for the children". Well I choose to involve firearms in my life and home, for fun while target shooting, and for protection, and I do it " For my childern". I am a loving husband, father and uncle, and want to be able to have fun with them and protect them with every tool I can,the best way I can, because it is the right thing to do.

I will hope you reject Mr. Patricks legislation, and look at another piece of legislation, that makes so much more sense, and helps to define and champion honest, common sense, and easy to follow laws for all citizens of Massachusetts. It is the Civil Rights & Public Safety Act Bill # H2259. This legislation, to me makes sense, and has all the tools we need to enact as the President said in his speeches, "common sense gun laws". This legislation, can be some of the " Change" our state needs. We can be pioneers in the winds of change, where the citizens deserve better, for all our hard work.

Thank you for your time, have a great day!

Sincerly,

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Want some more reasons to oppose this?

An licensed dealer under section 122 or any other individual who sells, rents, or leases a rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device to a non-exempt person under this section, having sold, rented, or leased a rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device to the person within the previous 30 days or with actual knowledge that the person has purchased, rented, or leased a rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device within the previous 30 days, shall be punished by a fine of not more than $5000 or by imprisonment of not more than 2.5 years, or both, for a first offense; ...

Two major issues - one, how does this apply to rentals at a shooting range. Does renting a .22 pistol at the range count? Would seem to under the terms described above.

Even worse, though, is the "large capacity feeding device" restriction. That mini-14 with the two pre-ban magazines? Three months to transfer as I would read this. Left unsaid is if they'd actually need to register every pre-ban "high-capacity" magazine sold or transferred in the state. But it's all good and will make us much safer, as criminals would never think to drive to NH or to order a post-ban mag online delivered to a NH/VT/RI if they really needed one. [rolleyes]

What does it say when our laws are so dumb that even criminals can't be caught by them?

WTF....This is insane and illogical.

Now let me see, the act of straw purchasing is illegal anyway, so lets' stop law abiding LEGAL licence holders from buying more than one a month to stop CRIMINAL from doing the same. This is such convoluted logic... Bad guys don't buy guns from stores!

As for the create a new crime (10-year felony) for possessing a gun while committing a misdemeanor that involves the use of force... that's nuts too! How does that impact the escalating use of force in a conflict? Someone takes a swing at me, I'm not going to necessarily pull a firearm, but I could return like force in self defense. Then what? I get busted and I'm a felon and my gun never broke cover??

FUBAR...

Talk about convoluted logic. I remember not being able to leave the gun store when I bought a new handgun w/o a trigger lock even though I had a hi cap ltc. So I just took it out of the case and shoved it in my pants. Under the law,I was good to go..WTF is this state thinking?

Something tells me this is a diversion tactic. This bill is so chock full of absudities and ill-thought through rules that it can't possibly be his lead entry. Something more has to be in the wings. While everyone churns and makes noise over this POS bill, he submits something more insidious, that has better sounding language, and in contrast appears more moderate.

Free-em-all is essentially an Obama "mini me". I think they float the balloon here, and if it flies, they try it in DC. Look at Patrick's campaign, and how closely Obama's mimicked it.

They're up to no good, no doubt. Now is the time to watch most closely to what they do.

About the only thing more terrifying than mini-me getting appointed to SCOTUS is the reality the Murray would become Governor.

Got a response from Rep. Lewis Evangelidis:

Michael,
Have a great weekend,
Lew

That my friend is the one law that no one ever reviews, it's the law of unintended consequences.

Then again, with Deval who knows, could be his part of his plan all along, make being a fire arm owner as onerous as possible, make it so that owning a license means you can be made a criminal on a whim.

The rule of unintended consequences comes out of nearly all government interventions. Sad to say, I'm no stranger to this.

atilla,

I appreciate your taking the time to write to me about "An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence". Please know that I will not support it when it comes up for a vote.

Thanks for writing, and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rep. Dennis Rosa

fighting the good fight!

Got the same . Nothing heard from Jennifer Flannagan. Big surprise -- but I'm sure I'll get an email from her next time I'm "invited" to some fundraiser in her name in town somewhere. We've got to vote that bitch out.

Mark, have you tried to send something to her before?

She's obviously a lib, but it's not really clear to me where she stands on
gun issues.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom