**Governor Patrick Files New Gun Control Legislation**

Mark, have you tried to send something to her before?

She's obviously a lib, but it's not really clear to me where she stands on
gun issues.

-Mike

I don't remember what it was about, but I got a reply back from her on something once where she stated she firmly stood behind her constituents right to target shoot and hunt. Clearly catering to the fudds and clearly not having any idea whatsoever what the 2nd Amendment was all about.

Something tells me this is a diversion tactic. This bill is so chock full of absudities and ill-thought through rules that it can't possibly be his lead entry. Something more has to be in the wings. While everyone churns and makes noise over this POS bill, he submits something more insidious, that has better sounding language, and in contrast appears more moderate.

Free-em-all is essentially an Obama "mini me". I think they float the balloon here, and if it flies, they try it in DC. Look at Patrick's campaign, and how closely Obama's mimicked it.

They're up to no good, no doubt. Now is the time to watch most closely to what they do.

About the only thing more terrifying than mini-me getting appointed to SCOTUS is the reality the Murray would become Governor.

Good observations on all counts!

WTF?

So, if you're attacked my someone while carrying, and you throw a punch and end the attack, you are now a felon because you had a gun on you when you got into a fist fight?

MY EXACT thoughts.... Better off using your gun...your already a Felon [smile]

Well, in that sense this is a GOOD thing. It removes the uncertainty deciding what level of response is warranted if you are attacked.

So, all of us can take this lesson from Governor Patrick:

If attacked, ALWAYS respond with lethal force. You're going to go to jail anyway, at least make it count.

Thank you, Devil, for helping us, for once.

Even if the bill is a dud he is getting people to write thir reps and tell them enough is enough.

My guess is that it's going to be either Mihos, Healey, or Brown.

But it doesn't matter. Anybody who gets nominated should be able to be a walk-away winner in November. Cross our fingers!

Agree Mikem. This clown better take whatever Obama offers him in D.C., even if it's a janitorial job, 'cause he ain't gettin' back in the next time around.

Article: Governor's proposal would increase sentences for gun law violators

I found it to be a little slanted.....

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/n...ould-increase-sentences-for-gun-law-violators

Governor's proposal would increase sentences for gun law violators
By Norman Miller/Daily News staff
GHS
Posted May 09, 2009 @ 11:57 PM

Gov. Deval Patrick's new gun law proposal will make the streets safer and give law enforcement officials more tools to prosecute criminals, MetroWest police officers say.

Patrick earlier this week proposed legislation which would allow district attorneys to seek to hold defendants charged with possessing, using or trafficking illegal firearms without bail, pending trial.

Just days before, the state Supreme Judicial Court ruled that practice was not currently legal.

Other portions of the legislation would limit gun purchases to one gun a month to reduce trafficking; make it a felony punishable by a decade in prison to possess a gun while committing a misdemeanor that involves the use of force; and change the definition of "firearm" so prosecutors do not have to prove the gun is operable.

In addition, anyone wanting to sell a gun would have to conduct the transaction at a licensed dealer so the sale is entered into the government's electronic database of firearms.

Patrick's proposal would also make it illegal for anyone other than someone with a machine gun license or a police officer being trained in the use of machine guns to handle such a weapon.

"I'm in full agreement with the dangerous hearing part of the change," said Ashland Police Chief Scott Rohmer. "Someone who shouldn't have a gun shouldn't have one and they should be punished for it."

Natick Police Lt. Brian Grassey said, "There are only so many reasons someone is carrying a weapon unlawfully. It would be a very rare occurrence where the possession of a firearm is the only issue with a person. I think it should be a strong contributing factor when someone is illegally possessing a firearm to determine if they are a danger."

Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone said the proposed law would give law enforcement officials and police officers "more tools in our tool box and that's a good thing."

But the proposed legislation has opponents as well. The proposal would improperly put the burden on defendants to prove they are not dangerous, instead of the other way around, said William Lahey, chief counsel for the Committee for Public Counsel Services.

"It's radical and we argue it is unconstitutional," he said. "To say that because you're charged with a gun offense that you are dangerous, it offends due process."

Jim Wallace, executive director of the state Gun Owners Action League, said his organization supports keeping guns out of dangerous hands, but he said the law is dangerous to law-abiding citizens.

"Someone who's just in possession without a license or the wrong license facing prison time without any other issues is just ridiculous on its face," he said.

Sudbury defense lawyer Mark Helwig said he thinks the proposed change is unneeded.

"My feeling is I don't think the law really needs to change," he said. "It should depend on the crime they are alleged to have committed."

Some police officers do not agree with Patrick's plan to limit the number of firearms a person can purchase each month.

"There are some people who are collectors and there are people who are aficionados," said Framingham Police spokesman Lt. Paul Shastany. "If people are law-abiding citizens and they can legally purchase the guns and they are properly secured according to the law, what's the problem?"

Rohmer said, "I know people who buy and sell guns and who enjoy the art of shooting. I don't see the need of restricting those people."

Helwig, who supports gun control, said the idea of limiting sales may be a good idea, but criminalizing it is not.

"They don't have to make everything a crime," he said. "They could get to the same place by making it a civil penalty."

But Leone said the law is meant to prevent so-called "straw buyers," who buy many guns legally, then sell them to those who can't legally buy the weapons.

About the monthly purchase limit, Leone said, "I think it's a good thing. What it does is, it aims to prevent the proliferation of guns in our communities. Sometimes there's a balance that has to be struck between public safety and the rights of what people want to do."

About the monthly purchase limit, Leone said, "I think it's a good thing. What it does is, it aims to prevent the proliferation of guns in our communities. Sometimes there's a balance that has to be struck between public safety and the rights of what people want to do."

Compromise, compromise, compromise.

We have a duty to resist any usurpation of our rights. And this is a usurpation of our rights. Don't they know that straw purchases are ALREADY ILLEGAL?!

Interesting proof that not every police department or licensing official is against the gun owner. Framingham (Shastany) and Ashland (Rhomer) actually spoke out for the civilian gun owner.

Received a response from my state senator on this issue. Not bad considering that he is a Dem...

May 13, 2009

Dear Mr. Horrible,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Governor Patrick’s proposed changes to existing state gun laws.

Let me be quite clear in saying I do not support his changes to gun laws in Massachusetts. The arugments you’ve presented are very compelling and I will be sharing them with my colleagues.

Again, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding this matter. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

State Senator

Worcester District

Received a response from my state senator on this issue. Not bad considering that he is a Dem...

May 13, 2009

Dear Mr. Horrible,

Thank you for contacting me regarding Governor Patrick’s proposed changes to existing state gun laws.

Let me be quite clear in saying I do not support his changes to gun laws in Massachusetts. The arugments you’ve presented are very compelling and I will be sharing them with my colleagues.

Again, thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding this matter. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

State Senator

Worcester District

Harriet Chandler?

Raising money for GOAL, one column at a time...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I announced this on the private NES Members forum last week, but wanted you to know that you can help raise money to fight the tyrants on Beacon Hill. One click at a time.

Some may know that I’m now writing a daily column for Examiner.com entitled “Boston Gun Rights Examiner”. I’ve made the decision to donate ALL of the proceeds from this to GOAL in support of H.2259.

All you have to do, is visit the page/article once per day and we’ll earn a penny a click. Last month’s proceeds will total over 140.00.
Set a favorite in your browser or make a tab in Firefox or IE for the column and that’s all there is to it.

Sound easy? It is and you’ll be helping GOAL fight the tyrants on Beacon Hill every day...

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I announced this on the private NES Members forum last week, but wanted you to know that you can help raise money to fight the tyrants on Beacon Hill. One click at a time.

Some may know that I’m now writing a daily column for Examiner.com entitled “Boston Gun Rights Examiner”. I’ve made the decision to donate ALL of the proceeds from this to GOAL in support of H.2259.

All you have to do, is visit the page/article once per day and we’ll earn a penny a click. Last month’s proceeds will total over 140.00.
Set a favorite in your browser or make a tab in Firefox or IE for the column and that’s all there is to it.

Sound easy? It is and you’ll be helping GOAL fight the tyrants on Beacon Hill every day...

Thanks for this reminder, Ron. I've bookmarked the link and I've been reminding myself to click on it daily. Good writing and good reading!

Mark, have you tried to send something to her before?

She's obviously a lib, but it's not really clear to me where she stands on
gun issues.

-Mike

Finally got a response back a few minutes ago. She must be about to send out a fundraiser luncheon invite. [rolleyes]

'course, she really didn't say a damn thing:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office, I have always supported responsible gun ownership. With that in mind, I will review all legislation when it comes before the Senate. Again, I appreciate your input.

Respectfully,

Jen

Jennifer L. Flanagan

State Senator

Worcester/ Middlesex District

Finally got a response back a few minutes ago. She must be about to send out a fundraiser luncheon invite. [rolleyes]

'course, she really didn't say a damn thing:

She did something. That she would look at it if it comes to her desk. This one gun a month thing came up before and it went no place. It was DOA in committee just keep looking at GOAL site and fallow up if anything new comes out like the list of who the committee is.

Then everyone needs to email the committee and let your voice be heard there is something like 100K gun owners in Mass so even if only half email,write or call that would be a very large input that they would listen too.

Got the same . Nothing heard from Jennifer Flannagan. Big surprise -- but I'm sure I'll get an email from her next time I'm "invited" to some fundraiser in her name in town somewhere. We've got to vote that bitch out.

Dear atilla,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office, I have always supported responsible gun ownership. With that in mind, I will review all legislation when it comes before the Senate. Again, I appreciate your input.

Respectfully,

Jen

Jennifer L. Flanagan

State Senator

Worcester/ Middlesex District

responsible being... as long as the responsibility is in her and devil patrick's hands? [rolleyes]

She did something. That she would look at it if it comes to her desk. This one gun a month thing came up before and it went no place. It was DOA in committee just keep looking at GOAL site and fallow up if anything new comes out like the list of who the committee is.

Then everyone needs to email the committee and let your voice be heard there is something like 100K gun owners in Mass so even if only half email,write or call that would be a very large input that they would listen too.

She will do something, but nothing of worth, like giving her position. She will "look" at it if it reaches her desk. I "look" at junk mail every day when I get home before I feed it to the shredder. Instead, she chooses to play it safe.

In contrast, this is what Rep. Rosa sent -- a clear position and indication of how he would treat this bill:

I appreciate your taking the time to write to me about "An Act to Reduce Firearm Violence". Please know that I will not support it when it comes up for a vote.

Thanks for writing, and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rep. Dennis Rosa

Back
Top Bottom