• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Governor Patrick Files Bill to Drastically Increase License Fees

I did a little "research project" today, charting costs and length of licenses in various states. Info came from each state's website. One wasn't clear exactly how much renewals were, hence the "?".

Attachments

• Firearms Licensing Fees.pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 57
I did a little "research project" today, charting costs and length of licenses in various states. Info came from each state's website. One wasn't clear exactly how much renewals were, hence the "?".

NYS one-time fee for license varies but is below $150 for life, plus $3 for each pistol added. No license except Driver's License is required for long guns but AWB is in place just like MA.

http://www.erie.gov/depts/government/clerk/formpistol.pdf
http://www.ongov.net/Sheriff/pistol.html

I had my NYS license for 17 years in Erie County (Buffalo) and after the initial license fee, only paid $3 per each new handgun added.

Regards,

Bob

Last edited:

I hope Utah has plenty of quarters for change. $65.25? Who makes up this shit?

I hope Utah has plenty of quarters for change. $65.25? Who makes up this shit?

Don't worry, most only take cashier's checks.

Gov't bodies should never take cash, as accountability goes out the window.

------

NYS one-time fee for license varies but is below $150 for life, plus $3 for each pistol added. No license except Driver's License is required for long guns but AWB is in place just like MA.

As for NY, MD, IL, NJ, etc. I purposely left them out.

I did this because someone I spoke to wrt Deval's proposal challenged me with "what do the other states charge/do". Since the above (ignored) list don't issue NR LTCs, I didn't try to add them to the spreadsheet. I also only did 15 states . . . it isn't meant to be super comprehensive, just representative to make the point that $200/6 or $250/1 is absurd and more than anyplace else.

Also I read somewhere that only some counties in NY issue for life, a number of them require renewals. It's much too complicated for a simple spreadsheet.

sadly i found the full text of the bill...

seems that they only other "fee" that is going up is the CORI fee... from $30 to $40... hardly the same increase...

This just shows that this section is aimed directly at gun owners and a way to make it harder or to further deprive us of our rights... MA would be the highest in the nation....

What a f***ing prick... sorry... angry and can't think of anything else atm...

Flanagan

I sent an email to Rep. Jennifer Flanagan and she sent the following reply.

"I agree with you that the fee should not be increased for a License to Carry and I signed onto Rep. Guyer's amendment this past week.

If there is anything else I can do please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jen"
See never replied to my email. Now my feelings are hurt. WAAA!

mass174.jpg

Got a reply from Karyn today..

Hi Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding House Bill 4971,
An Act making appropriations for the fiscal year 2008, to provide for
supplementing certain existing appropriations and for certain other
activities and projects. House Bill 4971 is currently in the House Ways
and Means Committee. Please know that I oppose this legislation and have
signed onto an amendment proposed by Representative Denis Guyer to
eliminate these fees. I remain a strong supporter of the right to bear
arms, and I agree with you that the Governor's proposed amendment should
not be adopted.

Thank you once again for contacting me with your views on this important
issue. I will keep them in mind when this legislation comes before the
House for debate. If you have any further questions or concerns on this
issue or any other, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Karyn E. Polito
State Representative
11th Worcester

Does anyone else find this strange, and question how things have come to be? I received a positive response from all 8 Legislators I emailed. Other members have all reported similar experiences, except for that ding dong Kennedy. With all those "apparently" supportive of our second amendment rights, how did the gun laws in Massachusetts go down the shitter so easily?

Does anyone else find this strange, and question how things have come to be? I received a positive response from all 8 Legislators I emailed. Other members have all reported similar experiences, except for that ding dong Kennedy. With all those "apparently" supportive of our second amendment rights, how did the gun laws in Massachusetts go down the shitter so easily?

Does the phrase "blowing smoke up your ass" ring a bell?

Heard zippo from my two: Rep. O'Flaherty and Senator Galluccio. I just get the feeling that the closer to the center of the black hole that you live, the less sympathy our cause will get.

Bob

It will be interesting to see how they actually vote. The way I see it there's three possibilites

1. They are just "blowing smoke up our asses" - very likely
2. We're the "squeaky wheels that are getting the oil", they vote in our favor to appease us - possible, especially for those up for reelection soon
3. They do actually support our cause - and Santa Clause is my next door neighbor

I'd love the third option. Especially the venison living next door with the fat man.

Got a reply from Karyn today..

Delahunt hasn't returned anything to me yet, Hmmmm. Perhaps I was too cordial? Being nice to these pricks doesn't solve anything, they're set in their ways and will vote the way they originally intended to. Politicians like this with "Schumer Syndrome" get off on the simple thought of taking away 2nd Amendment rights.

Which kennedy? I got Tom Kennedy to voice support for it.

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your recent email regarding the Governor's proposal to increase the fees for firearms licenses. It is always a pleasure to hear from constituents on matters that are most important to them.

As you may be aware, Representative Guyer of Dalton has filed amendments striking the sections of the Supplemental Appropriation Bill that raise the licensing fees by more than 100 per cent. I am happy to share with you that I signed on to co-sponsor these amendments and join you in your opposition to further burden hunters and other citizens who wish to exercise their right to bear and purchase firearms. The budget should not be balanced on the backs of law-abiding citizens.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time and effort to write to me. Be assured that I value your input as it is helpful in formulating my decisions here on Beacon Hill.

Sincerely,

Tom Kennedy
State Representative

Delahunt hasn't returned anything to me yet, Hmmmm. Perhaps I was too cordial? Being nice to these pricks doesn't solve anything, they're set in their ways and will vote the way they originally intended to. Politicians like this with "Schumer Syndrome" get off on the simple thought of taking away 2nd Amendment rights.

Not sure what you asked of Delahunt but he is a U.S. Congressman and has nothing to do with this bill.
Although he is pretty useless at that. Complaining for years about the USAF at Otis and the contamination there. Basically making them feel unwanted. Then when they announced they were pulling the planes out he complained about that. He should have been trying to bring in more Air Force jobs instead.
Now with them leaving, the state will have to pick up the cost for fire and security etc. there.

rec'd response from my state rep

Katherine Clark, who represents the Thirty Second Middlesex district. I live in Wakefield.

She is opposing the firearms fee increases and has signed on to the Guyer amendment.

Have not heard anything from Richard Tisei. Hmm, his local office is about 1/2 mile down the street, maybe I'll stop by next time I'm home on a weekday...

Absolutely. The thought has crossed my mind, but I would like to think we can bestow a minute amount of trust in these people. Ah, what am I thinking?...

What I do know, however, is that if I find out one of these wonderful people has filled my ass with smoke, then I shall never show my ass to them again. They will also be finding a descriptive portrayal of my thoughts on them in their mailbox.

Just received a nice letter from Rep Colleen Garry..."I have signed on as co-sponser to Rep Guyer's Amendment to the bill which would eliminate the proposed increases in license & dealer fees...if I can be of further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me"

GO Colleen! [smile]

Senator Brewer is on board with Guyer, and my Rep Lew Evangelidis is as well....I contacted both of them and got very nice pro gun responses. I believe Mr. Evangelidis is a member of GOAL.

Senator Brewer is on board with Guyer, and my Rep Lew Evangelidis is as well....I contacted both of them and got very nice pro gun responses. I believe Mr. Evangelidis is a member of GOAL.

I have dealt with Stephen Brewer on several occasions, as I used to live in his district. He is absolutely the nicest guy, and has done many favors for me. Always very prompt to return calls/emails, and very helpful. A straight stand up guy. I wish he covered my new town.

Have not heard anything from Richard Tisei. Hmm, his local office is about 1/2 mile down the street, maybe I'll stop by next time I'm home on a weekday...

I had the opportunity to get to know Richard a bit when I ran a business in his district some years ago. I'm sorry to hear that he hasn't responded to you, but I have no doubt he's in our corner on this.

Clark used Tisei's GOAL A rating to beat him over the head when she ran for his senate seat in 2004. Didn't work, as he was handily reelected. I'll be surprised if she actually supports us on this.

When I get an envelope from Tisei, I always put something in it for him, and will so long as he keeps his GOAL rating.
GC

http://kclark.standard12.com/issues/safer_communities.htm

Katherine Clark, who represents the Thirty Second Middlesex district. I live in Wakefield.

She is opposing the firearms fee increases and has signed on to the Guyer amendment.

Back
Top Bottom