GOVERNOR CHRISTIE VETOES FINAL GUN BILLS!

The only good part of this is that someone woke up to the political pitfall of f*cking with constitutional rights.
Especially when your looking to run for a national office. Just looks bad when the people of your own state hate your ass with a passion.
Cuomo is finding that out now. He pretty much blew his shot with his stupid safe act.
Fat boy doesn't have any love for us or the constitution.

He is going to play politics. Hell, he probably will say that he hates eating food in mass quantities, and that he loves his long bestest friend Mitt Romney.

Yes, people put on a secret government list with no ability to appeal their names appearance should be stripped of their 2A rights without due process...[rolleyes]
I saw one of those .gov lists when I was working for a large insurance company. Not sure if it's the "terrorist watchlist" they're talking about here or not and I forget the name that .gov used for it. I tuned out when the company decided to have each department send their financial transactions to a central team who would be responsible for comparing to the .gov list. I built the part to send my department's data to the central team. The .gov wanted all financial institutions to report any financial activity for "people" on the list (the list had at least one boat on it - not sure how a boat can do a financial transaction.) The list was so bad and unstructured that the company was afraid that something would get missed if they let each department program their own algorithms to match the company's data to the basically freeform list. I guess the NSA does it now - maybe that's why the need that huge datacenter: their lists are so crappy.

I can see why they miss terrorists. NEVER allow them to tie your rights to some "list" they create. The list I saw was pretty scary it was so bad.

Wut??? How informed is this forecast?

Just my guess. Christie will get the R nomination by swinging social conservative and neocon enough to preserve the base, but this will alienate Latinos and Blacks, even though he'll try to course correct after the primaries and appear moderate. Hillary is the heir apparent for D's. D's will rationalize that "She's different than Obama. Things will be better this time! OMG look...a unicorn farting rainbows!" She'll win by a thin margin. She's a wildcard, though. She likes power and control more than ideology. I suspect she'd even be a Conservative if she thought that were a better path to the Whitehouse.

It doesn't matter so much. We're rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic right now. [hmmm]

Just my guess. Christie will get the R nomination by swinging social conservative and neocon enough to preserve the base, but this will alienate Latinos and Blacks, even though he'll try to course correct after the primaries and appear moderate. Hillary is the heir apparent for D's. D's will rationalize that "She's different than Obama. Things will be better this time! OMG look...a unicorn farting rainbows!" She'll win by a thin margin. She's a wildcard, though. She likes power and control more than ideology. I suspect she'd even be a Conservative if she thought that were a better path to the Whitehouse.

It doesn't matter so much. We're rearranging deck chairs on the Titantic right now. [hmmm]

I think you're right about Hillary; she is the heir apparent and feels the party owes her for being sh-t on by them for decades.

I'm not so sure about the R's. I really think Christie is DOA, he won't play well down south or with the base. The RINO's will certainly be in Christies camp. I like Rand Paul and Trey Gowdy even though I don't know Gowdy will run, Rand will.

I like the deck chair analogy now we need the band.

I think you're right about Hillary; she is the heir apparent and feels the party owes her for being sh-t on by them for decades.

I'm not so sure about the R's. I really think Christie is DOA, he won't play well down south or with the base. The RINO's will certainly be in Christies camp. I like Rand Paul and Trey Gowdy even though I don't know Gowdy will run, Rand will.

I like the deck chair analogy now we need the band.

It will be tough for Rand to win, IMO. He's too close to speaking the truth (although not nearly as Libertarian as I'd like him to be.) That doesn't play well with the masses who are "afeared of them moozlums". Guess we'll see though. I think the Republican party is playing Defense right now. They haven't figured out how to respond to the demographic shift in the country. Obama has royally f*cked up his presidency, and D's are still supporting him. That should tell folks something. There's nothing else out there.

Last edited:
Now he wants this? He should run for mayor in NYC not president.

Gov. Christie Wants Firearms ID Card for Purchase of All Ammunition

GOV. CHRISTIE WANTS FIREARMS ID CARD FOR PURCHASE OF ALL AMMUNITION

On August 16, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (R) vetoed some gun bills and sent others back to the state legislature with "recommendations." One such recommendation is "requiring a New Jersey firearms identification card for the purchase of all ammunition."

Christie also wants physicians and screeners overseeing involuntary commitments to inquire about firearm ownership. This information could be obtained through a provision in the bills for a firearms identification card.

Christie vetoed the .50 caliber rifle ban, saying he wanted to ban long range Barrett .50 calibers, not all .50 calibers in general.

He also vetoed a bill aimed at overhauling the state's gun permit system.

The bill, sponsored by Senate President Steve Sweeney (D), would link a digital smartcard to all firearms purchases and law enforcement records. Access to the card would be available to state police, the Motor Vehicle department, mental health facilities, and ammunition retailers.

Christie said the technology for a "smart card" does not even exist. He likened the card to a "smart gun" requirement proposed in 2002, saying that smart gun technology is still not here, 11 years after it was proposed as a law.

We already need an FID card to purchase ammo in NJ. Breitbart is the last place I would turn to for my daily news!

Your fat ass liberal RINO gov wants it for ALL ammo.

Here is your law.

2C:58-3.3b
"No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor."

Last edited:
We DEFINITELY don't need the Hildabeast:

[FONT=&quot]
Six trivia questions to see how much history you know. Be honest, it's kinda fun and revealing. If you don't know the answer make your best guess. Answer all the questions(no cheating) before looking at the answers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Who said it?[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1) "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

A. Karl Marx
B. Adolph Hitler
C. Joseph Stalin
D. None of the above

2) "It's time for a new beginning, for an end to government of the few, by the few, and for the few...... And to replace it with shared responsibility,,,,,for shared prosperity."

A. Lenin
B. Mussolini
C. Idi Amin
D. None of the Above

3) "(We) .....can't just let business as usual go on, and that means something has to be taken away from some people."

A. Nikita Khrushev
B. Josef Goebbels

C. Boris Yeltsin
D. None of the above

4) "We have to build a political consensus and that requires people to give up a little bit of their own ... in order to create this common ground."

A. Mao Tse Dung
B. Hugo Chavez
C. Kim Jong Il

D. None of the above

5) "I certainly think the free-market has failed."

A. Karl Marx
B. Lenin
C. Molotov
D. None of the above

6) "I think it's time to send a clear message to what has become the most profitable sector in (the) entire economy that they are being watched."

A. Pinochet
B. Milosevic
C. Saddam Hussein
D. None of the above
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

Answers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot](1) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/29/2004[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](2) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 5/29/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](3) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](4) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](5) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 6/4/2007[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](6) D. None of the above. Statement was made by Hillary Clinton 9/2/2005
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

COMMUNISM IS CREEPING IN ONE STEP AT A TIME, EXACTLY AS PLANNED.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Ya. I agree. I see no need why terrorists should not be able to buy guns!

When I was on active duty, our battalion intel NCO ended up on the watch list. The guy had a TS/SCI security clearance but somehow was also a possible terrorist. He didn't find out until OPM was renewing his background investigation. For all you know, you might be on the watch list too.

When I was on active duty, our battalion intel NCO ended up on the watch list. The guy had a TS/SCI security clearance but somehow was also a possible terrorist. He didn't find out until OPM was renewing his background investigation. For all you know, you might be on the watch list too.

It's a Jersey thing.

adding this because I was talking to a friend at work and was proud of coming up with it(at least to my knowledge in my tiny little world). While talking with my buddy who thought that this was a good sign I replied with" if Rosie O'donell puts the last 2 donuts is she now skinny?".

He is, but he is more interested in being president right now.

This. I was wondering, myself if he was more interested in another term as NJ governor or is going to take a serious shot at POTUS. This news answers that question.

This is about the time in his term that Romney did an about face on the issue we dare not name to set up for a run at the Repub nomination.

If I remember, Ted Kennedy somehow ended up on the no fly list. It was only because he was a powerful US Senator that he got it cleared up. You or I would be screwed as there is apparently no clear cut procedure for getting off the no fly list. I'm sure that the same type of non policy exists for any terrorist watch list.

Back
Top Bottom