Gov. Northam announces gun control package to be introduced in next session

"ban assault firearms"

What is the makeup of the state legislature?

What are the chances of such a ban coming into place?

… announced a comprehensive package of legislation that he claims will prevent gun violence and improve the safety of Virginia’s citizens and communities.

He said the package includes measures to require universal background checks; establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order; reinstate Virginia’s One Handgun a Month law; prohibit individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms; ban assault firearms; prevent children from accessing firearms; and require individuals to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement.

They should be forced to provide actual numbers and percentages revealing these laws' relative effectiveness. If/when the law is proven ineffective after xxxx amount of time, it should be expired, never to be re-introduced again.

His laundry list is a complete creeping gun ban in the making. All the hot button issues that gun ban types love.

He said the package includes measures to require universal background checks; establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order; reinstate Virginia’s One Handgun a Month law; prohibit individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms; ban assault firearms; prevent children from accessing firearms; and require individuals to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement.

The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

Let that sink in for a moment...

Watching the news with most every politician selling out innocent people's safety for a few more votes.

Get's me wondering what this country would be like when they finally make everything firearm related to civilian ownership illegal.
With millions of firearms being kept secretly by people as a last ditch effort from a final govt. solution.
Of the once legal firearm owners that will have formed a small underground resistance of their own.

God, has it been so long ago that multiple countries have committed genocide against an undesirable people that the world has forgotten about them?

What will happen when the majority of the population through media/political brainwashing finally decide guns=bad and service in a military=guns+killing?

How will a govt. keep itself in power if there are no strong, armed people to protect it from being physically overthrown?

How defenseless will once powerful nations be at keeping their sovereignty when they have made the weak, the now new norm of society?

What will become of these nations when countries such as China, North Korea, Iran and Russia finally decide it's go time against all of them because of their weakened state?

Remember what they are telling our youth..guns=bad and only bad people own guns..

Sounds like the US will be tearing down the wall that Trump puts up in order to import an uneducated/undesirable people to fill in the ranks of the military/police that were lost because of the current political education of our citizens. Ending up with essentially a mercenary military and police organization keeping our govt. in control of our people..

Last edited:
... Ending up with essentially a mercenary military and police organization keeping our govt. in control of our people..

All of this was good, but quoted for the last sentence. I never heard it put that way, but it makes sense, and is a pretty scary thought.

If these proposed laws maintain “...plenty of due process and respect for Second Amendment rights..” then that warm, wet feeling on my back isn’t rain...

Why can't all the politicians and police take a few lessons from our beloved fireman.
You don't see them trying to ban matches or gasoline in order to feel safe doing their job.
Nope, they just nut up and put the f_cking fire out!

Instead most police and politicians act like a bunch of wussies and want to ban the whole god dam planet and have everyone scared to leave there dam homes!

Meanwhile firemen are running into said homes while they are burning to the ground to save the occupants!

More firemen, less police and politicians..

Jesus H Christ!

Why can't all the politicians and police take a few lessons from our beloved fireman.
You don't see them trying to ban matches or gasoline in order to feel safe doing their job.
Nope, they just nut up and put the f_cking fire out!
blanding010414starts1met.jpg

All of this was good, but quoted for the last sentence. I never heard it put that way, but it makes sense, and is a pretty scary thought.
That was part of Brackens "Enemies foreign and domestic". Police and Mil. ranks filled with non Whites. Easier for them to apply force to someone who they consider to be an "other". Iirc, the Soviets imported Siberian troops to quell uprisings in E. Europe back in the day so you wouldnt have Slavs thinking twice about committing violence against other Slavs.

No. None of you get it. We just need to fall back to the next "free" state. the best offense is a hasty retreat. Don't you all know that????

Wow even the Rebs have become neutered. If the csa knew it would raise such wheps they would have neutered themselves.
Happening now in Florida and North Carolina as well. Not us native southerners but the many transplants from liberal nanny states are the root cause. One of my former neighbors in Foley, Alabama was a retired Boston cop. His wife was a retired victim/witness advocate from the Suffolk County (Boston) court system. They were about as welcome as a skunk at a garden party. Every time they opened their mouths, they made more enemies. Jill and I just ignored them. They advertised what they really are: liberal scum!

Happening now in Florida and North Carolina as well. Not us native southerners but the many transplants from liberal nanny states are the root cause. One of my former neighbors in Foley, Alabama was a retired Boston cop. His wife was a retired victim/witness advocate from the Suffolk County (Boston) court system. They were about as welcome as a skunk at a garden party. Every time they opened their mouths, they made more enemies. Jill and I just ignored them. They advertised what they really are: liberal scum!

Every Ma**h*** wants to move to NC for some reason. For that reason I am avoiding that as an alternative when I leave this shithole. Spent time in the Northwest for a bit, might go to Idaho. It is still a gem off the shitlibs radar.

This from the same dude who thinks it should be legal to murder infants. Literally. He is 100% for post birth "abortion". The guy is out of his mind and needs to be removed from office.

Wait, yeah, he said this Law will prevent children from accessing a firearm. Yup for the children. Will they all be getting a full copy of the legislation, so all children know how the gubmint intends to prevent them from accessing guns? Seems reasonable. Further he says it will prevent gun violence! It’s a law that saves the lives of countless numbers of children (haven’t most of the children there been helpless victims of firearm violence, are there any childrens remaining?) and stop criminals from criminaling. This guy is a savior, all hail lord Nordham

I was in a bar in Norfolk earlier this week and some bubba was trying to tell me, a dude who lives in arguably the least restrictive state in the country WRT firearms, how much more free and pro2a the Commonwealth of VA is then everywhere else. This morning, I hit up the facebook today and find this: VA GOP Senate Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment (R-James City) Proposes Gun Control Bill

Taking up the call for gun control legislation and in an action unannounced to even some in his own staff, Virginia Senate Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment (R-James City) decided to file his own gun control bill.

The south will surely rise again.

And in 90 minutes it’s delayed until November. Excellent but the fight is not over.
Details:
Virginia Senate leader spikes his gun ban bill after majority whip resigns in protest
The move comes after Senate Majority Leader Tommy Norment says he’s spiking his gun-control legislation, only a day after proposing to ban guns in all government buildings statewide.

The reversal followed Senate GOP majority whip Sen. Bill Stanley’s resignation in protest to Norment’s bill.

Stanley told The Associated Press on Tuesday that he’s resigned as majority whip of the GOP Senate caucus after Norment sponsored legislation to implement a broad ban on government buildings.

Back
Top Bottom