• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gov. Janet Mills’ administration closes Kittery Trading Post, a leading firearms retailer, using emergency powers

What do you think the real estate is worth at KTP?? Probably pay for a new place and some extra change.
I like KTP and you just have to know what you’re buying and it’s value. As for the nay sayers on prices just whose fault is it for paying MSRP? BP and Cabellas does the same damn thing!!
If KTP leaves, not a lot. Everything else around KTP is junk. A McDonalds, a Starbucks, some half a** outlets.

Only issue is the first word in the business name.......move out of Kittery and people will say WTF......if they were actually to consider it I would expect a marketing campaign years in advance to rename the store to just the "Trading Post" and decouple the business from "Kittery"

They could still call it KTP and be across the river. No one would care and most people might bot even notice.

That people are willing to pay full retard prices when the local gun store doesnt have ammo, doesnt mean their prices are good.

And most of those cars are not there for ammo anyway.
Really? I must be missing something then....What are they really there for? . It's not for the fudge .....Personally, KTP could sell their ammo and guns for Distributor Cost and people would STILL piss and moan... thinking they were getting screwed... Typical human nature.

No offense, but GOOD! Filthy buggers getting virus in their own city and spreading it all over the country. Self-entitled dinkwads who think they can just wander around for their own good because "it's might right."

Damn. I mean DAMN!

I'll probably say this 8-12 times today, but if the OG-G-dub and TJ were here, they would NOT support your "I have a right to. . . " hurt feewings right now but would cold cock you and lock you in a bedroom. Not because they were tyrants but because they understood collective rights and individual responsibilities. Instead of individual rights and collective responsibilities.
f*** NYC and Comrade Bill and Fredo's big brother. Cuomo told me I'm not welcome in NY because I don't espouse "NY Values" like infanticide, gun bans, allowing petty criminals to walk, etc. I'd love to return to Americade but F them.

KTP is a "destination" in and of itself

It could move across the border to sub prime location for a fraction of cost and I'm sure taxes, improve their parking and traffic situation and INCREASE sales/foot traffic/etc

Other businesses will follow suit and pop up in close proximity to KTP in a new location to feed off KTP traffic/customers

Only issue is the first word in the business name.......move out of Kittery and people will say WTF......if they were actually to consider it I would expect a marketing campaign years in advance to rename the store to just the "Trading Post" and decouple the business from "Kittery"
Business name? What about Portsmouth Naval Shipyard?

They may not have the best prices on ammo or other firearm related supplies but you have to admit, they're better than some that are listed in the classified. [devil]

I always thought the shipyard was named for the harbor it sits in.....aka Portsmouth Harbor

PortsmouthHarbor_1895_Topo_11x14web.jpg
Point is, it was in Portsmouth, NH until a couple years ago.

Years ago there was another entrance to KTP's distribution company upstairs and to the rear of the building. Companies who have both distribution arm and a retail store usually charge MSRP in the retail store so that they don't unfairly compete with their wholesale customers.

Point is, it was in Portsmouth, NH until a couple years ago.
Portsmouth Naval Shipyard was never in Portsmouth, NH. The 2 states are separated by the river, which is divided by its main channel. The shipyard is in Maine. Always had been.

Well, when nobody else has the ammo, When I'm there, I see plenty of Massachusetts, RI, CT, NJ NY cars in the parking lot. Can't be THAT bad now can it? Plus, they never ask you for your ID when you're buying those "Evil High Capacity Magazines" like some gun shops do, now do they???

Lol every time I went into Kittery I never saw many of those on display. Maybe things have changed over the years. I stopped going in there when it started looking like a flea market with an FFL but that was awhile ago.

Regardless I hope they sue the shit out of the state. The closure of gun shops during this is pure bullshit.

Lol every time I went into Kittery I never saw many of those on display. Maybe things have changed over the years. I stopped going in there when it started looking like a flea market with an FFL but that was awhile ago.

Regardless I hope they sue the shit out of the state. The closure of gun shops during this is pure bullshit.
Big display of PMag last time I pit stopped. Stock goes very fast.
I was looking for some leather for a 44Mag but came up empty.
With the work on the bridge now I’m not sure of the southbound return ramp. I’ve normally got blinders on knowing every bump and turn in the roads.

Trump just reminded governors and mayors that gun stores are essential.

Sounds like the residents of Maine didn't know what they had until he was gone AKA Paul LePage.
It's all the Moonbats, who move up from the Southern States, and fill the Seacoast Towns with their Bullshit. They wanna "escape" their States, only to want to Change what was, to what THEY want.... All the "Beautiful People" live there now...It's ALL money....and "Terrorist" Season is coming soon!

KITTERY, ME – The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development ordered Kittery Trading Post, one of Maine’s premier outfitters and firearms retailers, SeacoastOnline.com is reporting. The closing was forced into effect by using the Governor’s emergency powers to classify the store as “non-essential.”

Gov. Janet Mills’ administration closes Kittery Trading Post, a leading firearms retailer, using emergency powers
by Maine Examiner 03/26/2020 | 5:30 0Posted in Maine News, Southern Coast

View attachment 342256

Governor Janet Mills with several Democrat State lawmakers.

KITTERY, ME – The Maine Department of Economic and Community Development ordered Kittery Trading Post, one of Maine’s premier outfitters and firearms retailers, SeacoastOnline.com is reporting. The closing was forced into effect by using the Governor’s emergency powers to classify the store as “non-essential.”

According to the report, the store was ordered closed at 3pm today. In addition to selling firearms, Kittery Trading Post sells a wide variety of items, many which could be considered “essential” for many Mainers.

Under an executive order declaring a state of civil emergency, Governor Janet Mills gave her administration the power to close any business it deemed non-essential. Seacoast Online reports that those emergency powers were used to close Kittery Trading Post.

The National Rifle Association immediately blasted the decision by Gov. Mills to close Kittery Trading Post, saying the state’s decision effectively says all firearms retailers have to close and that it limits the right and ability of Mainers to protect themselves.

“Please act now and call on Governor Mills to correct this egregious error and make firearm dealers essential businesses. It is extremely unfortunate that in these uncertain times, an elected official would limit the ability of law-abiding citizens to exercise our inherent right to self-defense. Firearm dealers are essential to exercising this right!” says the statement from the National Rifle Association.

Yesterday, Kittery Trading Post offered an extensive list of actions they have taken to enhance safety in their stores, including limiting the number of people in the building at one time, contactless curbside pick-up, enhanced cleaning and reduced hours and many more.

The police chief for the town of Kittery also confirmed he had received an order from Maine Attorney General Aaron Frey that Kittery Trading Post be closed.

Kittery Trading Post said it had also increased the pay for all employees by $3 per hour during the State of Civil Emergency.
was us there 3/ 21: everything retail including ktp was closed; food markets, package stores and to go restaurants only things open

after being dissed so bad from their lefty governor....i can see KTP moving over the border to Portsmouth.

Face it, the mall area in Kittery is DYING! Half the stores that were there two years ago are gone.
No sales tax in NH, would greatly increase KTP's amount of sales.
Portsmouth is also a destination place, with good restaurants, microbreweries, etc...so it will entice people to drive to KTP from far away...kind of like a "vacation day" for the family.
And the move is only a few miles south, so all the workers they have now can easily make it to the new place.
I vote "Go For It!"

and i can not think of a better time to make the move, since customer sales are way down for a few months

after being dissed so bad from their lefty governor....i can see KTP moving over the border to Portsmouth.

Face it, the mall area in Kittery is DYING! Half the stores that were there two years ago are gone.
No sales tax in NH, would greatly increase KTP's amount of sales.
Portsmouth is also a destination place, with good restaurants, microbreweries, etc...so it will entice people to drive to KTP from far away...kind of like a "vacation day" for the family.
And the move is only a few miles south, so all the workers they have now can easily make it to the new place.
I vote "Go For It!"
I wouldn't mind seeing the place move over to the Gosling Rd area, near Pease Trade Port. Then again, it would probably cause a huge traffic jam in that area too. It would also be closer to their Dover Warehouse Facility.

they could do a partial move too....
move the gun and fishing stuff down south to nh.
keep the clothing and tree hugger stuff (canoes, etc) up in Kittery to still catch the yuppie trade.

It's all the Moonbats, who move up from the Southern States, and fill the Seacoast Towns with their Bullshit. They wanna "escape" their States, only to want to Change what was, to what THEY want.... All the "Beautiful People" live there now...It's ALL money....and "Terrorist" Season is coming soon!
I agree about the MoonBats but it's NH own politicians who were born and brought in NH that are making the rules.

Back
Top Bottom