got to shoot a s&w 1917 revolver

greencobra

NES Member
a big deal for me. always wanted to own one and that never happened for me. just something else seemed to come up when i had the chances to buy. so, some kid...most anyone younger than me is a kid...shows up at the range with a few pistols and the 1917 was one of them. over the years, i've handled a bunch but never shot one. i know, no big deal, right? but still a thrill for me and i've shot a lot of different things over the years. this guy saw my joy and let me burn through most of his ammo, even loading the 3 rd moon clips for me. my dream is to be a decent person before i die. thanks to this guy. i was in the clouds and didn't get his name. if you're the guy, and on this forum, shoot me a pm, i want to get to you some replacement ammo (with interest). thanks my friend, much appreciated.

oh, forgot to tell you all about the revolver. standard military issue. i remember the owner saying it was manufactured 1919 or 1920, so it missed wwI. but it must have some stories to tell from wwII and possibly korea. i'd say it had been back to the armorers sometime after wwII, or korea, for an overhaul, and it was reparkerized i guess at that time. normal rack wear on it but a beautiful example. who knows, were these used in vietnam? anyone here at nes own one? i'd like to see 'em if you're willing to put up a photo or two. can you tell i was thrilled for the opportunity to shoot that gun? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom