Got to get a loud horn

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The horns on my car and truck are wimpy so I have decided to get a loud horn for each of them.
Today a lady pushed me into the brake down lane on Rt495 and didn’t seem to care even though I leaned on the horn as she pulled to the right.
It wasn’t like I was in her blind spot..the front of the vehicles were almost even.
She just turned on her signal.. light on the side mirror .. and turned into me.

Almost the same thing happened a few days ago but I was in the left lane and the guy guy gave me the finger after he cut me off.
I figure that a loud horn would at least get their attention.. unless their head is up there as$.

Reactions: JJ4

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Go to a junk yard and find some 70's vintage Cadillac horns....and yes their heads are up their asses.

chunky__monky

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been in a truck with train horns, people still don't move. I drive a truck, people barely react to the air horn....but that time I had a police horn in a pick up, those people thought twice haha

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been in a truck with train horns, people still don't move. I drive a truck, people barely react to the air horn....but that time I had a police horn in a pick up, those people thought twice haha

I drive Rte 495 every day - people do stupid shit all the time. The worst ones are the people who camp in the left lane and do like 60 mph - with a row of dozens of cars behind them - and a lane clear in front of them for 100's of yards.

They simply refuse to pull over.

I've crawled up the ass of people doing this shit trying to get them to move - and I by crawled I mean I'm like 5 feet off their rear bumper at 60mph - and they're just oblivious.

More than once I've had the urge to just start bashing into their rear bumper. But my wife's Lexus likely wouldn't survive that very well.

Many years ago I used to watch the TV show Simon & Simon (Gerald Mcraney) and they had a Dodge Power Wagon with a big ass tow truck style bumper on the front that they used to go around smashing into things with. I keep thinking I need to get a truck like that - and just start hitting people. It's much more effective than a horn.

Back in the days when cars had those big chrome bumpers on them people WOULD just hit you with their cars. Looking back on it - I miss those days. One of my wife's friends was married to this guy who thought himself some sort of race car driver, he used to do stupid shit like merge onto the highway by just cutting right in front of people. Problem was he liked to drive small foreign cars. So he did that one day - and the guy he cut off was driving a big old American sedan of some sort. It didn't work out so well for him - because after he cut in front of the guy the guy just bumper bashed him from behind. And when he tried to escape - the guy chased him down the highway and bashed him two more times - AT SPEED.

clampett

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The horns on my car and truck are wimpy so I have decided to get a loud horn for each of them.
Today a lady pushed me into the brake down lane on Rt495 and didn’t seem to care even though I leaned on the horn as she pulled to the right.
It wasn’t like I was in her blind spot..the front of the vehicles were almost even.
She just turned on her signal.. light on the side mirror .. and turned into me.

Almost the same thing happened a few days ago but I was in the left lane and the guy guy gave me the finger after he cut me off.
I figure that a loud horn would at least get their attention.. unless their head is up there as$.
Instead of a horn, get a large shitbox with a dashcam. You won't have to move out of the way, and you can make some $ on damage claims.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I was a teenager back in the 80's before I owned my own car. I would drive my mothers Delta '88. That thing had a LOUD horn. I had a buddy who lived on a cul de sac. He didn't have a car... we were in a band together and whenever I would go pick him up usually early in the morning for rehearsals, I would lay on that horn the minute I pulled into said cul de sac. I would wake up the whole neighborhood [devil]

I was a real [email protected]#k in my teens :D.... But I did eventually grow out of it.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There are times I wish I had an air horn for the folks with their earbuds in with blasting music that just walk off the curb and don't even look to see if traffic is about to run them over.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are times I wish I had an air horn for the folks with their earbuds in with blasting music that just walk off the curb and don't even look to see if traffic is about to run them over.
I have this fantasy that I've never been able to make a reality where I walk around Manhattan with an air horn tucked under my jacket and when ever I'm at an intersection and somebody lays on their horn for no good reason, I walk up to them and let that thing go right in their face and ask them 'HOW DO YOU LIKE IT?!!!!!!!'.

Top Bottom