• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got the tour of Shooters Outpost in Hooksett.

Drove by Shooters Outpost in Hooksett yesterday on my way to Riley's. Had no idea it wasn't open yet. Saw a couple cars in the lot. Pulled in. Owner greeted me and a couple other people and said he was not open yet but invited us in for a tour. Just an awesome place! Largest gun store I have seen in the northeast! Showcase after showcase. You could fit 4 Manchester Firing Line's in there. Great selection of everything including some great Class 3 AK"S and Thompsons for sale. Said he was still waiting on his CO. I thank him and wish him the best of luck. Said he should be open before Christmas. Well worth the drive from anywhere!

I hope it opens soon. I happened to notice the empty store today on way to Riley's. I like Riley's but they didn't have a single gun that I was interested in at this time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Drove by Shooters Outpost in Hooksett yesterday on my way to Riley's. Had no idea it wasn't open yet. Saw a couple cars in the lot. Pulled in. Owner greeted me and a couple other people and said he was not open yet but invited us in for a tour. Just an awesome place! Largest gun store I have seen in the northeast! Showcase after showcase. You could fit 4 Manchester Firing Line's in there. Great selection of everything including some great Class 3 AK"S and Thompsons for sale. Said he was still waiting on his CO. I thank him and wish him the best of luck. Said he should be open before Christmas. Well worth the drive from anywhere!

Jim is absolutely awesome. I was schlubbing up at MFL when I was going through chemo and bored out of my mind, I visited Jim and he took me for a behind the scenes tour of MFL back when their new location opened up. Always a pleasure when I get to see him and shake his hand.

Not when your from MA

Come to think of it, I haven't been quite as excited about going to Riley's now that I reside in NH. And I miss Zero Hour Arms... I'm way too far from there now to buy anything, and the FFL nonsense would be too much headache. Riley's doesn't have enough evil black killy-looking thingies like ZHA does. Sure, they have lots of AR's but so does everyone, and I already have enough of them. I mean non-AR evil black rifles. Is Shooters Outpost poised to help fulfill that void?

And the guy behind the counter at Riley's didn't know what a Keltec Sub 2000 was. He looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if there were any.

And the guy behind the counter at Riley's didn't know what a Keltec Sub 2000 was. He looked at me like I was nuts when I asked if there were any.
Riley's definitely has (had?) issues with staff and customer service. I've had the same problem with asking the "staff" at Riley's about anything unusual. I don't know how many of the guys behind the counter, especially on Saturday's, are more than just temporary hired help, but in the past they've been less than helpful. This does seem to have gotten better since this summer. But then so does MFL, state line, and just about every other shop.

Riley's does have a fair stock of non-AR "EBR", maybe not "enough", but still more than other retailers. I'm hoping the new Shooter's Outpost will stock a mix of common and esoteric black rifles as well as more mundane firearms.

From what I've read so far, the new Outpost may not keep me out of other NH gun stores, but might keep me from making the trek up to Kittery Trading Post nearly as often.

Last edited:
Those shops are a long way off for me. So I only go when they have what I have to have now. Riley's has always been good on reloading supplies, That is main reason that would go there. I have be buying enough stuff to make the trip worth while.

Out this way none the Gun stores have the pricing and inventory of reloading supplies that Riley's has.

I just got some primers and a small box of 45 bullets at Riley's and didn't find the prices all that attractive. The primers were almost $10 more/k last week than they were a month ago. I can order 5000 and even adding hazmat and shipping come out a few dollars cheaper per K. They never have anyone at the reloading counter and don't have any price lists available for powder or primers. Nothing is tagged so when you do find someone to go behind the counter they don't know the prices. If they aren't busy they will look them up but they always seem to be too busy.

Come to think of it, I haven't been quite as excited about going to Riley's now that I reside in NH. And I miss Zero Hour Arms... I'm way too far from there now to buy anything, and the FFL nonsense would be too much headache. Riley's doesn't have enough evil black killy-looking thingies like ZHA does. Sure, they have lots of AR's but so does everyone, and I already have enough of them. I mean non-AR evil black rifles. Is Shooters Outpost poised to help fulfill that void?

Yes!

Out this way none the Gun stores have the pricing and inventory of reloading supplies that Riley's has.

That is all I've even purchased at Rileys. Although now a friend is working the reloading area and he's more than knowledgeable. Unfortunately, they have the same problems getting primers that everyone else has at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom