• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Got Taurus G3c Minor Repair Back in 10 Days

needed 5 cent slide stop spring. taurus wouldn't send me one. no tension on slide stop, just flopped around, piece must have broken and fallen off.
taurus sent me prepaid label. I shipped it 3/15, just got notified its waiting to be picked up and shipped to me overnight via 2nd Day Fedex.
had trouble when new, steel case ammo, sent it then, taurus said dont use steel case, they 'checked' it by firing 24 rds (?) winchester brass, worked fine.
I polished feed ramp and chamber. more than a few thousand rounds new brass or aluminum, minor light cleaning a few times, coupla drops oil. couple of times I had to whack it fully into battery, couple of light primer hits (could have been ammo).
all 115gr fmj rounds, cheapest I could find, some "off" brands. last ones were $11.50/box 50, made in hungary I think. for price of gun, and my casual fun style of shooting, gun has been excellent.

Last edited:
not sure if your comment means I posted in the wrong spot, but...

I dont carry, just saying turnaround time for repair was nice, low priced gun has worked out pretty good for my informal shooting.
He genuinely was celebrating the fact that you posted in the right spot.

Here, have a couple likes, just for doing right.

This is all I'm seeing reported with Taurus repair returns: fast turnarounds and most of the time fixed problems.
Really.....with a gun that's 1/3 less than the price of the general market I would not expect good customer service.

When I bought my used G3C for like 200 bucks I wasn't expecting much.....but it runs.

it was delivered this morning, 2nd day fedex didnt do wkend deliveries, so it was 12 days back to me. cost nothing, they paid shipping both ways.

I had also told them it seemed to go into 'full auto' mode....bang-bang....once in a while, said it could have been me accidentally slappin trigger a second time upon recoil. but been happening since I had it, maybe every coupla hundred shots.
receipt says they replaced slide stop spring and slide stop itself.
then, says they also replaced sear, spring, and disconnector. so I guess it wasnt me, something didnt look right or feel right when they tested it (but they only fired 20 rounds).

Last edited:
it was delivered this morning, 2nd day fedex didnt do wkend deliveries, so it was 12 days back to me.

when I had told them of the slide catch always 'catching', I also said it seemed to go into 'full auto' mode sometimes....bang-bang. I said it could have been me, a loose grip, whackin trigger again upon recoil, but even that would mean the trigger pull went into a super light pull weight mode on that next 'bang'. told them been happening about every coupla hundred rounds since I had it, so I asked if they could check for that.

receipt says they replaced slide stop spring and slide stop itself.
then, says they also replaced sear, disconnector, and spring. so Im thinking it was not me, something in that sear/disconnector setup was 'off'. they didnt say that it went full auto when they tested it, but I guess something didnt look right.
Wait, it went full auto, and you complained?!!!

but this is Mass. greatest fun ya can have is shooting mach guns at 'action' targets.
some clubs even discourage shooting rapid fire too fast. neighbors probably get spooked.

the 'fun' side of shooting is long gone. times change, no local sandpits anymore to set up balloons, tin cans, plastic water filled jugs, pressurized cans of paint or whip cream, shake up a can of coke. introduce new shooters, it's a lot more fun watching whip cream shooting out, or a water jug exploding.

clubs should have fun ranges like this. instead of punching paper, get more people interested, rimfire and centerfire, no ricochets off balloons or exploding water jugs. seems like a win-win all around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom