Got T-Boned Today

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You should go see my chiro. Best guy in the world. getting knocked from the side like that puts an incredible amount of force on your body, including your spine. I got rear ended by a bus and thought I was fine for a few hours then everything tightened up. I always thought whiplash was a made up thing until then.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wish that was the case for me 6" lift and 35" tires. Lady blasted through the red light and hit me so hard in the passenger side it bent up my 15" cragers. And tossed me up on the roof. Needless to say i walked away. The jeep was toast.
That's rough!

You should go see my chiro. Best guy in the world. getting knocked from the side like that puts an incredible amount of force on your body, including your spine. I got rear ended by a bus and thought I was fine for a few hours then everything tightened up. I always thought whiplash was a made up thing until then.
I agree. I had a lady back up approx 80' and slammed in to my truck. I thought all was well and used some of my meds I had on had on hand for fighting my leaukemia meds side effects. Once I ran out and it wasn't enough I went to the doc and ended up having to see a chiro. Well guess what, with the wait the auto ins said it wasn't related and they weren't paying (because I didn't see the doc in 48hrs or some bs) and health insurance says it's auto related. So while your fighting with everyone to cover it the docs want to get paid, and guess who they are looking at. If you start having issues just go to the doc as from experience it doesn't pay to wait and makes something that shouldn't be your problem, your problem.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The gentleman was not cited to the best of my knowledge. Honestly he was a really good person. Immediately admitted fault and felt terrible. We all make mistakes. He was on the phone because he works for The Globe and was understandably predisposed. It's no excuse but shit happens.

I actually feel great today. Plenty of rest, drank plenty of water, and a few naproxen. I'm calling the insurance company back now.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So far over $6k worth of damage. They of course put refurbished parts and aftermarket parts in that quote. I will not sign off on a repairs that are not 100% OEM parts. This jeep has less than 10k miles on it!

Of course no one around me has any SUVs available for rental. Stuck in the house tonight I suppose.

Last edited:

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So far over $6k worth of damage. They of course put refurbished parts and aftermarket parts in that quote. I will not sign off on a repairs that are not 100% OEM parts. This jeep has less than 10k miles on it!
You have to sign off? they didn't send me a paper to sign when the insurance fixed my car.

Of course no one around me has any SUVs available for rental. Stuck in the house tonight I suppose
Rent a car.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You didn't sign anything when you picked your car up? That's not good man. Do you know of a car that will fit 3 dogs?

I won't even send my car to a shop unless the insurance agrees to use OEM parts. This isn't my first rodeo. I will NEVER use patent parts on any vehicle this new.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
So I was driving home listening to the radio. Just hearing about the bombing for the first one. I am going through an intersection and see a car flying towards me. The guy is on his cell phone and clearly doesn't see he has a red light. I braced for impact and took a good shot to the passenger side of my Jeep.

I am ok. I am sore right now and will probably be more sore tomorrow. I am just glad I wasn't seriously injured. Today really sent home the message that we can be gone in a moment. I wish the families effected by today's tragedies my sincerest condolences. If you are with your families give them a big hug and be thankful.

View attachment 63294
View attachment 63295
View attachment 63296
He was aware that he had a redlight but noticed you drive a gas guzzling jeep and decided to BANZAI you in the name of the PRIUS.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Of course no one around me has any SUVs available for rental. Stuck in the house tonight I suppose.
Glad you are okay. Better to be stuck in the house than hospital or worse.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In MA you are entitled to new parts if the vehicle has under $20K miles.

50% odds the other party will lie, claim it was you who run a red light, have the kind of pain that shows up on no medical test other than listening to the patient's verbal complaint, and your insurance company will settle.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
In MA you are entitled to new parts if the vehicle has under $20K miles.

50% odds the other party will lie, claim it was you who run a red light, have the kind of pain that shows up on no medical test other than listening to the patient's verbal complaint, and your insurance company will settle.
The same thing happened to me last year in my E350 work van. Lady ran a stop sign and hit me almost the same spot as you. When the cop arrived he just looked at the positioning of the vehicles and before I said a word he offered, "so, she ran the stop sign, eh?" It was a slam dunk. Glad you are fine.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Everything is all set. The gentlemen admitted to his insurance he was at fault. They have already accepted liability. Now I have to fight to make sure the vehicle is put back to ore accident condition.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Glad to hear you weren't hurt to bad. That is one nice Jeep you have. My first Jeep was a 1977 Golden Eagle CJ5 with a 304 V-8 I bought back in 77. Never should of gotten rid of it.

garandman

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 90%
9   1   0
The gentleman was not cited to the best of my knowledge. Honestly he was a really good person. Immediately admitted fault and felt terrible. We all make mistakes. He was on the phone because he works for The Globe and was understandably predisposed. It's no excuse but shit happens. /
They'll mail him the citation.

You walk away, it's a good one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I drive through that intersection every day. Lots of clowns around this town. Ive been hit pretty good on plain street before. Glad you're ok.

Top Bottom